Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

Hey m8s!

Wollfy and your team is just great! im trying the beta tomorrow! Alpha was aaawwwsome! i read the first news about MSO months ago and found (for me) that it had everything i was ever dreaming about in OFP (since 1.0). So i built up a mission with 3.31 with my additional wishes included (put about 30 hours in this underground thing) and played with friends of mine dozents of hours - they really liked it.

The thing is...

It has VTS 3.5 included (admin only) and is working fine in MP with AI caching; there are no additional addons needed (for me a hard work) - Had to disable MP rights tough. That was a compromise for me (i just disabled debug mode) cuz i still had the ability to "revive" the whole island if needed -> with VTS. And also just forget the Tomahawk feature called via Radio, its buggy still! I replaced the RMM Revive thru Norrins Revive script, this causes BIS wounding system to act weird sometimes. I just got it to work (dunno why), but its not really gamebreaking and minor to me...

I wanted to post this mission it so others could have fun with it, not only me ;).

The version that is attached is the final version i ported to podagorsk (clean FDF mod req. for clients / CBA is optional since its "only" required for server). Will add the clean CO version the next days.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=43Q3YV0D

Quick question - what side are the independents meant to be on?

I leave them friendly to all for testing purposes. Make them enemy if you want them to fight! :)

Thanks Highhead - I've downloaded it and will take it apart to see what you've done. If there is anything I'd like to include in the distribution, I'll send you a PM.

For anyone else who has modifed MSO and added new components - SR5 IEDs, Norrin's Revive, etc - please PM me with a link, and I'll try to add to the distribution. Now that the majority of my work is done, I can focus on Community Input to make this MSO truely awesome!

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

If anyone is being teleported to the Terrorist Cells, I've left a debug line enabled.

enemy\modules\crb_terrorists\main.sqf

Line 481 - change:

//DEBUG:
player setPos _spawn;

to

//DEBUG:player setPos _spawn;

Edited by Wolffy.au

Hi Wolffy!

Just let me make clear: yu made a dream come true for me and MSO is the best game mode i've ever played! Thank you very much! If i can do something for you just let me know. I'm really no good coder, more a script kiddy still, at the age of 32, so dont wonder in some lines of code ;)). But let me know if i can provide help! Cant wait to test out the beta now!

Guidance and keep up the good work!

The new beta looks really nice, but i am missing the selectable enemys in the Mp Parameters, is this gone now or is the error on my side????

The new beta looks really nice, but i am missing the selectable enemys in the Mp Parameters, is this gone now or is the error on my side????

Fixed - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/repository/revisions/ead06e25ee0401aa5cfc081ee783293448639587 & http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/repository/revisions/9be5542c5f7500e0961fd482fd238008079240db

Hi guys.

Id like to try this but dont understand how to put it together. I downloaded the zip file which is a folder made up of many sub folders. Dont see the pbo for the mission.

Here my first 3.4beta mso mission for ACE on Chernarus

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/?97qwt41e77noewl"]http://www.mediafire.com/?97qwt41e77noewl[/url]

for me the server(dedi) fps drops after first enemy contact to 10fps.

Can someone confirm this?

maybe if done something wrong:rolleyes:

*** DRUMROLL PLEASE ***

[1:40:36 AM] Wolffy.au: 3.4beta2 - http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/files - now with Terrorist Cells!!

i'm a bit lost.

The mso folder is not ready to play?

i guess this is just for mission makers to put the 'pieces' together?

Are you going to put up an actual playable 'mission' soon?

sry if these are 'noob' questions.

No, you'll need to do a little bit of editing to get it into a playable state from that download. Or just go up one post and DL Fogu's mission :)

Hmmm looking thru the latest build, seems i got some learnin to do.

Everything I need is in that build right? Like no need to drag other modules over? Everything has been shuffled around is why im asking.

Edited by Sleep

Sleep;1899424']Hmmm looking thru the latest build' date=' seems i got some learnin to do.

Everything I need is in that build right? Like no need to drag other modules over? Everything has been shuffled around is why im asking.[/quote']

Right, this build includes the core, support, ambient and enemy parts. Its easy to seperate different parts no as each is defined in the init.sqf :)

Any news on the air-traffic and sea-traffic? Also, Im working on modifying the enemypop module, if you can help heres my questions:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117620

I need to specify to spawn the corresponding faction to the composition and also to spawn USMC/CDF forces in the south and Russian/INS in the north, GUE in the middle, thanks :)

Yeah, the beta was for the die-hard MSO editors! I hope to have the full release out this week, depending if RL lets me! :)

Awesome work Wolffy! We've been wanting to give this a go since it was first announced, but time snuck away from us. We now have a few weeks where we have nothing planned ... so perfect timing :D

Three Questions though:

1. Is there anyway of hiding the map markers showing units, sandstorms, flies, etc.?

2. We've put together a mission on Takistan, starting at the northern Airbase. Once the mission starts there is a huge group of enemy that spawns right next to the airbase - it seems to continiously spawn in as well (at least we saw no end to them).

I had set "Independant is friendly to OPFOR" and have the following factions spawning:

BIS_TK_INS and BIS_TK_GUE. Is this happening because the independants are set to dislike Blufor, switching the town immidiately hostile?

3. We also noticed that quite often enemies would spawn right infront of us (presumably populating a group?). Is there a way to set the minimum distance they would do this at?

Thanks a lot!

To disable debug, search the modules for _debug and set to false.

Spawning enemies should all be at least 2km from the nearest player at the start, so not sure whats going on there.

Working on a Takistan ACE version for VCB atm. I'll strip out our addons and make it BAF/ACE only so you guys can have a play with it.

Edit (cross posted to AAW forum as well)

I've knocked together an ACE and BAF only version on Takistan incorporating all the latest changes up to and including Saturday 16th April (so this is a sort of beta v2.1)

Only major differences to the vanilla are that I've removed any AAW dependencies and disabled the Revive module which conflicts with ACE Medic Modules. The base set up is copied straight over from the original with a few tweaks here and there. Oh and I think I broke the logbook module. I've added a simple box filling script (imaginatively called Frizplugs.sqf) with a few ACE related gubbins inside - earplugs and whatnot.

Issues to be worked out:

Enemy spawning is too close (meant to be >2000m from the player)

ACE Backpack contents on respawn not working (and ACRE radio manpack contents too for that matter, though this wasn't intended yet)

All credit goes to Wolffy for making an oustanding contribution to ArmA2. I'm grateful for the opportunity to script kiddie his work :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7es235aeb1qvyl3

Please report any bugs you find on Dev-Heav for Wolffy's benefit. And if anyone is in the mood to update the manuals, I'm sure it would be appreciated :)

Edited by friznit2

Strange, cause if I enable debug markers on enemy pop, you can see no enemy markers withing 2km of your starting position.

Working on a Takistan ACE version for VCB atm. I'll strip out our addons and make it BAF/ACE only so you guys can have a play with it.

Edit (cross posted to AAW forum as well)

I've knocked together an ACE and BAF only version on Takistan incorporating all the latest changes up to and including Saturday 16th April (so this is a sort of beta v2.1)

Only major differences to the vanilla are that I've removed any AAW dependencies and disabled the Revive module which conflicts with ACE Medic Modules. The base set up is copied straight over from the original with a few tweaks here and there. Oh and I think I broke the logbook module. I've added a simple box filling script (imaginatively called Frizplugs.sqf) with a few ACE related gubbins inside - earplugs and whatnot.

Issues to be worked out:

Enemy spawning is too close (meant to be >2000m from the player)

ACE Backpack contents on respawn not working (and ACRE radio manpack contents too for that matter, though this wasn't intended yet)

All credit goes to Wolffy for making an oustanding contribution to ArmA2. I'm grateful for the opportunity to script kiddie his work :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7es235aeb1qvyl3

Please report any bugs you find on Dev-Heav for Wolffy's benefit. And if anyone is in the mood to update the manuals, I'm sure it would be appreciated :)

Just as a heads up, in our MSO version I used the module for ACE respawn with weapons and mags, I believe is what it's called. Haven't had any issues, and we always respawn with current loadout + ruck contents (including manpacks) from when you died. It however will not respawn ruck contents upon reconnection.

for me the server(dedi) fps drops after first enemy contact to 10fps.

Can someone confirm this?

maybe if done something wrong:rolleyes:

Can someone confirm the bad Server Performance????

Using 3.31 on dedicated hasn't caused any performance issues in our experiences thus far.

Maybe its an Chernarus problem???

I will make a Takistan version and test it again....

Gave it a go last night during the Op. No desync or lag spikes.

Made a little bit of a c*ck up by letting the Warriors (AI) placed as base defenders rampage around the country side, taking away our fights though. Our fly boys were very busy though and we did have some great QRF-type moments.

Will be making some further tweaks to what I placed tonight. Then we'll be giving it another go starting Wednesday. If all goes well, I'll post up the mission.

One further question though, if I may. I've disabled all the _debug markers, but active enemy groups show on the map, along with direction of travel.

If we wanted to disable this; where would that be done?

If I have some time in the coming week or two, I might give a stab at updating the editor manual with the new structure and basics (of what I understand) on how to enable/disable modules.

Edited by Harlow[16AA]

;1900434']Gave it a go last night during the Op. No desync or lag spikes.

Made a little bit of a c*ck up by letting the Warriors (AI) placed as base defenders rampage around the country side' date=' taking away our fights though. Our fly boys were very busy though and we did have some great QRF-type moments.

Will be making some further tweaks to what I placed tonight. Then we'll be giving it another go starting Wednesday. If all goes well, I'll post up the mission (though it will likely be very similar to VCBs).

One further question though, if I may. I've disabled all the _debug markers, but active enemy groups show on the map, along with direction of travel.

If we wanted to disable this; where would that be done?[/quote']

check \enemy\modules\rmm_enemypop\main.sqf

in Line 14 make _debug = true to false

and CHECK enemy\modules\zora\main.sqf

in Line 18 Debug has to be false

Edited by Fogu

Thanks! I must have missed the zora one!

I know that I definitely got the rmm_enemypop one.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

I forgot another question that was brought up.

We noticed bodies vanished very quickly. If you didn't have a LOS on them, they would vanish almost immidiately.

Is there anyway of increasing the time a body will stay before being "garbage collected" ? Is this a setting to be placed in the Garbage Collector module?

The Zora one isn't a regular _debug=true, so I missed it on the first pass as well.

We had a run of this last night too and things went very smoothly all told. I didn't notice bodies disappearing at all in fact - the first lot of enemy we shot (a group of tents that spawned slap in the middle of our airfield, about 100m from me...yeah, weird one that), had the police and medics come round to fix up the wounded about 10 mins later. Very shiny if that's intended behaviour!

What are all the questions marks and numbers appearing all over the map?