I use it with ACE and the particels disappear very fast for me....

Ace and Blastcore do not work properly together at this point. Hopefully a solution can be obtained in the future.

Well have to say that this mod is absolutely great. I tried Blastcore and even if you lose some FPS during explosions I cant go back to the default thing.

The explosions and the A-10 attacking with the gun from the air is absolutely amazing. I place my self on the roof in Fallujah and I watched a massacre in the suburbs of the city :butbut:

I have a weird problem shooting at night, my monitor is not fast enough (I think) to cover the screen whit the fire/shot/muzzle/light effect so, everytime I shoot, I see some black stripes, this get worse with automatic weapons :(

OK I've tried this in SP and I'm well impressed but has anyone tested it in an online environment, i.e. how what's the impact of all these effects on A2's already script-sensitive architecture?

I put 10 rounds into a dude from 20m and he didn't drop.

Do you know what your and your opponent's pings were? And what FPS the server was running at?

Not to mention the server difficulty settings as SickBoy mentioned...

Do you know what your and your opponent's pings were? And what FPS the server was running at?

Not to mention the server difficulty settings as SickBoy mentioned...

He is not being crazy, we've had 3-4 confirmed reports on our server too with 40+ server FPS being generated, I myself being one of the people who has experienced the bug over a number of different missions.

For now I've advised people in our group not to use the mod... OpticalSnare, I will continue to use it and get RPT over to you when possible when the problem next occurs.

Server difficulty settings have nothing to do with the problem, these AI run at you after putting 50-100 rounds of M240 into their heads, and it only occurs with blastcore activated.

Oh so it's the AI thing...

For some reason I imagined a PvP situation. Probably because there have been too many occasions playing warfare against Europeans with 200ms pings and laggy, laggy deaths. :o

But seriously, the mod isn't compatible with Ace, clearly, so no point in blaming Blastcore for breaking hit detection when it's a problem of addon compatibility.

We use Blastcore 1.1 with the latest version of ACE on our server and have had no problems yet.

We use Blastcore 1.1 with the latest version of ACE on our server and have had no problems yet.

I'm just using it in SP missions I make for ACE2 and I haven't seen this yet. I'll look though.

Not every member of TF86 uses blastcore but so far we have had the long range 40mm problem and also a couple of members had their in game sound just go out midgame.

Still is an awesome job and looks amazing

In WARFXWeps the default loadout for M242 consists of custom "M2B_210Rnd_25mm_M242_HEI" magazines which causes problems with mods that use default "210Rnd_25mm_M242_HEI".

The example would be TGW Vehicle Fixes where LAV25 appears with an empty M242.

Fixed by adding two vanilla ammo types to the config

class M242BC: M242
{
	magazines[]=
	{
		"M2B_210Rnd_25mm_M242_HEI",
		"M2B_210Rnd_25mm_M242_APDS",
		[b]"210Rnd_25mm_M242_HEI",
		"210Rnd_25mm_M242_APDS"[/b]
	};
};

This seems to keep all WarFX effects intact and eliminate the problem with flames-bigger-than-APC for LAV25 - both when using WarFX alone and with other mods.

Edited by metalcraze

Hey there OpticalSnare and you the reader,

I've been playing and testing your first Release(and Version 1.1) of your upcoming Blastcore mod, since a couple of days now,

and i've come to the conclusion that its very stunning and really making the Atmosphere, realism and especially the look of Arma II Operation Arrowhead a lot better!

Nevertheless i want to help you with making it even better so here are a few suggestion or problems/bugs:

-After my opinion the simulated shockwaves look too yellow

i think in this video

at 0:55 you can see a good starting concept

-Sadly the thing with the muzzle flashes but i know you can't really do sth about it

- The Gau8 impacts look pretty badass already but i would suppose to make it look like the dirt and dust really comes out of the ground maybe sth like you see at the very end of this video

but with the dust staying longer

-The IEDs are basically just dust effects right now

-The Thing with the empty M242's and so on but i already know that you gonna fix it!

- The M270 MLRS should pick up more dust

-i dont know about the sparkles when you fire rockets like the Hydra but the seem a little bit unrealistic to me

cause you usually can just see them at night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63wpzHBpYE&feature=related

- and white smoke i am missing white smoke in explosions or whatever

-the ground dust for explosion could maybe pop out like when you're firing a tank and not spread from the middle

So if you or you who's reading this, agrees or disagrees on me with certain points please let me know and give me some feedback.

ps keep up the good work OS:ok:! We're all proud of you!

(forgive me if i made some english mistakes, german guy here;)

Edited by PurePassion

1 thing I would like to see would be some enhanced bullet impact effects on the ground contacts

I think if you want realism the impacts how they are now are just fine to me.

I disliked the dirt spraying in the air after you shot the ground with small arms.

Then something about the artillery and mortar impacts.

I agree for the artillery there should be more dirt flying in the air but for the mortars I think the 'dust only' is just fine.

Look at some example missions of incoming mortars and there you can see it isn't alot of dirt spraying in the air so for mortar impact I think you should leave it the way it is.

Little thing I noticed. The btr on the opfor side has a huge muzzle flash.

Don't know if this is the same as in real life.

I think if you want realism the impacts how they are now are just fine to me.

I disliked the dirt spraying in the air after you shot the ground with small arms.

Then something about the artillery and mortar impacts.

I agree for the artillery there should be more dirt flying in the air but for the mortars I think the 'dust only' is just fine.

Look at some example missions of incoming mortars and there you can see it isn't alot of dirt spraying in the air so for mortar impact I think you should leave it the way it is.

Little thing I noticed. The btr on the opfor side has a huge muzzle flash.

Don't know if this is the same as in real life.

OS is working on a mud version,i think (Woodversion);)

OS is working on a mud version,i think (Woodversion);)

rgr but what i'm trying to say is that I actually want realism instead of hollywood effects.

The smoke trail left by the Konkurs/TOW makes manual guidance rather frustrating. I usually stand off about 1km when using such weapons so the smoke from firing has dissipated before the missile has traveled the distance and I can then see the target and guide the rocket onto target. Not the case with blast core, too much smoke.

Really good job :) You made ArmA series again better.

No more game without your mod.

Thanks for that.

1 thing i dont like that much is that the GBU impacts always looks like a small nuke.

Would be nice if you can do some variations of the explosion here.

Uh, and yeah, i asked u once:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrAziKilla View Post

Will there be some nice napalm and white phosporus in the mod??

Yea theres Napalm, WP, Cluster, MOAB, Nukes + a bunch of other effects for other types of ammo like M982 Excalibur, BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-154 JSOW etc etc...

How can i use them? i couldnt find napalm etc. yet.

Kepp up the good work :)

TOWS dont make that much smoke anyway... :-/

I only used one and noticed that it had a similar trail to the Konkurs, when zoomed in with the ATGM or BMP2 sights the smoke kinda gets in the way.

I was running this blastcore with the LDL AC130 mod and the explosions for 105mm are ridiculously small so is the 40mm bofors. Kicks up too little dust and no blast of fire when it explodes. On the FLIR just a small white puff. Could be that I run this with GL4 and ACE2 but I doubt it. Anyone else having the same problem as me or is it just blastcore hasn't made the 105mm blast bigger. Hope to see the 30mm for apache kicking up more dust too. Great job with the mod btw.

TOW Smoke - I mean real life.

They would never invent a weapon that produces SO much smoke that you cant even look at it. :)

Hey there OpticalSnare and you the reader,

I've been playing and testing your first Release of your upcoming Blastcore mod, since a couple of days now,

and i've come to the conclusion that its very stunning and really making the Atmosphere, realism and especially the look of Arma II Operation Arrowhead a lot better!

Nevertheless i want to help you with making it even better so here are a few suggestion or problems/bugs:

-After my opinion the simulated shockwaves look too yellow

i think in this video

at 0:55 you can see a good starting concept

-Sadly the thing with the muzzle flashes but i know you can't really do sth about it

- The Gau8 impacts look pretty badass already but i would suppose to make it look like the dirt and dust really comes out of the ground maybe sth like you see at the very end of this video

but with the dust staying longer

-The IEDs are basically just dust effects right now

-The Thing with the empty M242's and so on but i already know that you gonna fix it!

- The M270 MLRS should pick up more dust

-i dont know about the sparkles when you fire rockets like the Hydra but the seem a little bit unrealistic to me

cause you usually can just see them at night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63wpzHBpYE&feature=related

- and white smoke i am missing white smoke in explosions or whatever

-the ground dust for explosion could maybe pop out like when you're firing a tank and not spread from the middle

So if you or you who's reading this, agrees or disagrees on me with certain points please let me know and give me some feedback.

ps keep up the good work OS:ok:! We're all proud of you!

(forgive me if i made some english mistakes, german guy here;)

BTW, the GBU43 explosion particles was made by Opticalsnare

BTW, the GBU43 explosion particles was made by Opticalsnare

yeah after my opinion they look slightly better then the yellow ones

but you dont know if it would work in this smaller explosions

but it looks quite real!