Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

I was excited about this game for a loooong time, but all these issues (no modding, Origin crap, too much like BC) have slowly dampened my enthusiasm to near zero. Finally, the fact that three of my friends canceled their pre-orders over the weekend has convinced me to follow suit. No BF3 for me.

Ah well, more time for TakOH, Minecraft, and of course Arma2 with a certain mod that shall not be named. ;)

Same for me - i have some other games on the plan like RAGE , Deus Ex Missing Link DLC and not mentioning the next month of full great games aka Batman , Uncharted , L.A. Noire PC etc :p

It was modding that made me buy Crysis 2 instead of saving for this one back in the early days of 2011. Dunno why having one more program called Origin would be a problem. There is plenty of room on hard rives these days.

And yeah, its pretty bad to see how the concepts of DLCs have come. How often do you hear the good old "expansion pack" these days?

Edited by ziiip

Dunno why having one more program called Origin would be a problem. There is plenty of room on hard rives these days.

You would do well to google it, the issue has got nothing to do with the space it takes up on a HDD.

;2031746']most notable for me being the L85A2 & L96.

And I'll bet that like almost every other game dev out there has done, as they did in BF2: they'll take any old Accuracy International rifle whether it be an AW, AW-F, AWM, AE or otherwise, and called it an 'L96' just because they have a similar looking thumb-hole stock to what the PM/L96 had. :rolleyes:

And I'll bet that like almost every other game dev out there has done, as they did in BF2: they'll take any old Accuracy International rifle whether it be an AW, AW-F, AWM, AE or otherwise, and called it an 'L96' just because they have a similar looking thumb-hole stock to what the PM/L96 had. :rolleyes:

Even if that is the case, it's better for us right? :p

why? Its called incentive.

More like bribery.... you preorder our game and you get this shiny thing others wont have...

It was modding that made me buy Crysis 2 instead of saving for this one back in the early days of 2011. Dunno why having one more program called Origin would be a problem. There is plenty of room on hard rives these days.

And yeah, its pretty bad to see how the concepts of DLCs have come. How often do you hear the good old "expansion pack" these days?

Origin is a serious risk for your privacy

Origin is a serious risk for your privacy

Are people still yapping on about Origins EULA?

;2032234']Even if that is the case' date=' it's better for us right? :p

More like bribery.... you preorder our game and you get this shiny thing others wont have...[/quote']

other can have it will just cost more. Same as preordering TakOH, its 10% off now but later full price. And yes bribery, incentive same thing, what difference does it make? What is the big deal? You want it? preorder ... you dont want it? dont preorder. You want it but dont want to preorder? booohooo world's smallest violin all over again.

Are people still yapping on about Origins EULA?

ye i start to dance of happiness each time i see the origin shortcut on desktop.

other can have it will just cost more. Same as preordering TakOH, its 10% off now but later full price. And yes bribery, incentive same thing, what difference does it make? What is the big deal? You want it? preorder ... you dont want it? dont preorder. You want it but dont want to preorder? booohooo world's smallest violin all over again.

And that mindset is why DLC's will soon be the primary work of developers....

;2032507']And that mindset is why DLC's will soon be the primary work of developers....

And what is wrong with that? Its a healthy way of extending a game's lifetime not to mention allowing the developers to gather more financial resources for larger projects.

And what is wrong with that? Its a healthy way of extending a game's lifetime not to mention allowing the developers to gather more financial resources for larger projects.

Day 1 DLC doesn't extend a games lifetime at all. Its not an incentive as its DLC, available so long as PSN/XBL/Origin servers support it. All it is is content that developers left out of the full game to increase the rrp without actually increasing the rrp. You may say its a choice, but whats the bet that the vast majority of consumers will buy it?

We're spoiled by BIS who don't fall into the trap and actually do release DLC that does the job its intended to, extend the games lifetime.

;2032605']New rumour from inside steam that BF3 may still be a steam line up. See here.

Indeed, this will go some way to convince me to get the game, however that does depend on whether is still have to install Origin to play MP.

Edited by Innomadic

Not kewl mr Soul Assasin. Wait 'till they will try to charge You 5 $ per cutscene or by new level, or the ability to shoot, or 1337 h34ltH b4r.

You can greet mr. Kotick if You meet him.

Indeed it was only a few months ago that EA was toying with the idea of making you pay for ammo in Battlefield. And thats not a joke.

Isn't it on par with the rest of bullshit taxing in life, it's the way it is, or will be, nothing has changed, and every company does it in some form, I.e. Charges for extra Internet usage, providing the most basic sky package and then paying for all the good channels... Paying $15 bucks to see a movie and then an extra $20 for popcorn and ice-cream.

No need to be all indignant about it, the same simple solution is if you don't like it, don't buy it.

It's because of such attitude sucking on customers to the max is possible. Embrace it if You like, I won't.

And that right there is the problem...the "don't like it don't buy it" mentality...

And that right there is the problem...the "don't like it don't buy it" mentality...

Works for me, whats another solution?

What's wrong with that mentality?

While i don't agree with day 1 DLC, and do believe that BIS way of handling DLCs is the way to do it, there is nothing i can do about it. I have BF3 on pre-order, i am sure it will satisfy my needs for a quick game where i can hop on and have a 20-30 mins game. The amount of time i can put into playing games these days is smaller by the day...

what people ignore is how EA thrown on them is hidden triple DRM system :)

I couldn't care less about DRM than in an online shooter. I'll be online to play it anyways and i doubt the campaign will grant great replayability value.

The only real loss i see is the missing LAN support, how i remember it.

can you be more specific about what you mean by triple DRM?