Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

I'm comparing it to past Battlefields, not games like Arma.

Planes are slow in games because of map sizes of course

but BC3... I mean BF3 planes look like they're barely moving.

Driving and jumping from heights was something you at least had to be reasonably careful doing in BF1942, BF2, BF2142.

Agreed.

At least DICE are confident enough in their product to allow us an extensive trial BEFORE purchasing (not something 'Id Software' dared do with their atrocious 'Rage').

Personally, I'd like to see alot more open Betas and demos (prior to release) and a lot less blind preorder hype. I'm alot happier to support companies who provide us with that option.

Edited by BangTail

Ill get it for the escape value.

I played the first 2 and they were fun, and I enjoyed the time spent in front of the PC being ENTERTAINED.

my .2c

Hmm - since when did any of IW or Acties state that MW's are realistic? They are made for pure fun'n'carnage on ur full HD TV with 5.1 )))

LOL but seriously - same goes for MB's movies - TF3 was EPIC WIN in 3D and on the largest screen in Ukraine(what it was made for). So srsly stop flami'n - CoD=allChildishFun'n'joy; ArmA/DCS;IL2etcetc=srsBzns)

Peace! And also - "don't hate the playa, hate the game"© means - hate the stupid useless current gen consoles that hold the whole gaming industry progress by the balls(((

Edited by Bars91

It's less to do with the developers labeling it as realistic and more to do with the twa- people who review it calling it a simulation and realistic etc. User error more or less.

Its fun.

isnt that the important thing?

True, but people want all sorts of "fun". In this case some of the audience DICE catered for was left disappointed (not any audience, just their very fanbase). They brought us "BC3" but marketed "BF3". Deppending how significant this audience really is and how disapointed they got will define if DICE will ever return to the origins which made them so successful initialy.

For your reference, regarding what type of "fun" was marketed:

0A2Xu.png

GameInformer Print version

11 February 2011 | Karl-Magnus Interview - GameInformer

Also this by Lars Gustavsson

Sustaining A Legacy: The Battlefield Strategy

Battlefield Origins: Designing 1942

At least DICE are confident enough in their product to allow us an extensive trial BEFORE purchasing (not something 'Id Software' dared do with their atrocious 'Rage').

Personally, I'd like to see alot more open Betas and demos (prior to release) and a lot less blind preorder hype. I'm alot happier to support companies who provide us with that option.

Unfortunately we had to swallow their dubious DRM just to have the taste (of the least interesting "fun" sort - Op. Metro and locked Caspian Border servers). I am all for demos and betas... but I hate Carrot&Sticks dilemas, specially the "Sticks" part.

Edited by gammadust

Well honestly I haven't heard\seen anything like that in,say, IGN or Machinima reviews - fun\entertaining\bestGameEvaaaar\blahblahblah yes(as usual) but no mentioning of realism whatsoever.(tho I might be wrong)

Anyway, if u can give me a link to those reviews I would be more than glad to read\watch them just to LMAO)))

Noone ever said CoD is realistic, apart from the trolls. The biggest problem with CoD is the fact, it was good some time ago, and even the multiplayer in the first one (dunno about 2nd) had a great gameplay, maps and was demanding in the tactical matter. Current ones? Well...

It's more about how EA treats customers [Kotick's ideas, CoD Elite, overpriced DLC with ported maps, non-evolving game, MW3 being MW 2,5, etc] and the acceptance of the "interactive cinematic" model...

I tell you, its all about getting Origin on as much PCs as possible. EA will earn a huge shitload of money by selling the collected data.

I tell you, its all about getting Origin on as much PCs as possible. EA will earn a huge shitload of money by selling the collected data.

Except mine.

Yah, I don't really like Origin at the end of day but 90% of it's detractors are no doubt Facebook users which is 100% worse IMHO.

At any rate, I wasn't trying to get into a debate about Origin (again), I just prefer companies that let me sample their work before I pay for it.

PS: Caspian is no longer locked.

PPS: If you are worried about them selling your info, just don't use your real name etc when signing up - problem solved.

That's like... obvious.

But it started the whole degradation of the series, methinks.

Btw did BO guys finally got Mod Tools?

BangTail, afair it's not about using real data, it's about scanning Your computer (Steam did the same in it's first versions), that's why people call it spyware.

And then no, it's not ok.

BangTail, afair it's not about using real data, it's about scanning Your computer (Steam did the same in it's first versions), that's why people call it spyware.

And then no, it's not ok.

Agreed if that's the case :)

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Origin, but that's EA, not DICE (and it's DICE's commitment to allowing us a preview that I was alluding to).

Edited by BangTail

Yah, I don't really like Origin at the end of day but 90% of it's detractors are no doubt Facebook users which is 100% worse IMHO.

PPS: If you are worried about them selling your info, just don't use your real name etc when signing up - problem solved.

1. Facebook only goes after anything you "like" and FB specific files, just like Steam and every other service

2. Doesn't stop them from logging the IP address, logging your files, logging your browsing history, logging what programs you've got installed.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of Origin, but that's EA, not DICE (and it's DICE's commitment to allowing us a preview that I was alluding to).

The two come hand in hand. I can't comment on BF3 on PC because i refuse to install Origin, i can't tell how BF3 will truly be like on its native platform because of EA. You can talk up DICE all you want, but i can't see any of it because of EA's stonewalling, so really that Beta may as well not exist to me.