Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Hi, the BF3 looks pimp but shows some "minor bugs" in that trailer already, will be an interesting arcade... but it don't gonna work on Windows XP. Let's C ya

Don't tell me you are still on XP. I really suggest you move to Win7. Really! It has done miracels for me.

Don't tell me you are still on XP. I really suggest you move to Win7. Really! It has done miracels for me.

Haha, my WinXP is still doing great.

That said, i'll install Win7 64 as dual boot when BF3 is out. That way i can still move back incase some tools / whatever doesnt work on win7. :)

I have Win7 x64 on a virtualbox, only uses it to test some programming stuff. WinXP still kicks it's ass x10.

Well of course it does if you run it only on a virtual machine, which means that you most likely run your XP at the same time and slow down Win 7 in the process :j:

Well of course it does if you run it only on a virtual machine, which means that you most likely run your XP at the same time and slow down Win 7 in the process :j:

So you installed Win7 because it's faster... lol :p

don't tell me you are still on xp. I really suggest you move to win7. Really! It has done miracels for me.

+4400. Still on XP? - Big fat joke :D

I installed Windows 7 because I couldn't deal with a designed-for-2001 OS anymore. ;)

Plus, I wanted to run at DirectX levels higher than 9. I completely skipped Vista.

Hi, yeah.. i still on Windows XP, if i had to reinstall all the shit that i've installed i won't touch a computer anymore; aside of that... everything (unless the OA) runs and looks good with the XP 32-bits and the BF3 isn't a good enough reason, for me, to swap to Windows 7. It's a BF after all... . Let's C ya

+1 for Wipman, I don't know what can You not like about XP... (except that DX limitations)

...offtopic much? ;)

+1 for Wipman, I don't know what can You not like about XP... (except that DX limitations)

...offtopic much? ;)

*cough*the interface looks like a fisher-price toy*cough*

All of the new games are going to DX10/11, hopefully ArmA will make that switch in the next iteration of the series...

Wow..... Gaming going downhill, lately. What's good in playing MP if it is to play alone? oO

They could claim anything they want to get the sheep on the hook, but I know DICE has integrity in terms of staying true to what they've done in the past decade - near-perfect mechanics & game dynamics overall in my opinion, apart from some issues with DPI while sniping over long ranges.

I'll try to find an interesting interview I listened to a few days ago. Here it is:

93wSnp-sr5E&hd=1

By sheep I mean the peasantry with their xboxes.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Commander is being removed because of controller limitations not because it's "too complex" as they claim.

Commander is something you can learn to use within an hour. wether you're actually a good commander is something altogether and nothing to do with any complexity.

Hopefully they have a better replacement for it in the works but I'm not betting on it.

Como-rose got removed for the same reasons.

just the fact that you couldn't give a simple "Thanks" to your teammates

who revived/healed/resupplied you was a huge blow to what BF is all about

those little courtesies was a major teamwork coheasive force driver.

Just like a simple sorry when you TK someone in Arma.

TK's happen but when people aren't saying sorry bout that then

the general vibe of the game goes south.

BC2 was/is just a clusterfcuk of people running around doing their own thing

auto-heal rendered medics a useless class other then them having guns.

Wow, it almost feels like these companies are revelling in the fact that complex, tactical assests are a thing of the past and "lets just have fun!"

:j:

Used to be the other way around and thank the Lord for companies like BIS as this is where I see the futures of home entertainment going...

GtOLqNuTOag

By sheep I mean the peasantry with their xboxes.

Wow, nice having a hometown audience, isn't it? You say shit that sounds like Bernie Madoff.

*raises pinkie*

"Why don't those proles just dip into their trust funds?"

DICE dumbed down the Battlefield series with BC2/1943 and as a result attracted a large group of people who are now begging for more hoping they can get their COD fix

on an superior graphics engine.

Multi-platform + COD recycled engine is bringing them in droves and DICE is listening to them.

EA wants to de-throne COD so they can spew out a new title every 6 months

with tons of DLC and DICE is drooling over the thought of big fat bonus cheques

like the COD developers get.

Consolers should keep records of all the money they spend on games and controllers over the lifetime of their Xbox and PS3

they might get a big surprise..... At the end of the day their spending the same or more then the average PC gamer and

getting a lot less.

Edited by jblackrupert

Wow, nice having a hometown audience, isn't it? You say shit that sounds like Bernie Madoff.

*raises pinkie*

"Why don't those proles just dip into their trust funds?"

Well, it does pay to disregard the law, why should anyone want to work in a disadvantageous environment these days? :D

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

another

trying to turn yet another great game into a mediocre experience.

I'm planning a big system upgrade for finally playing Arma 2 in all it's glory, Red Orchestra 2 and now Take on Helicopters.

If BF3 turns out to be decent then bonus points but I ain't holding my breath.

All these silly comments out of DICE [Many of which haven't been posted]

may just be towing the console crowd along.

Surprises could be around the corner, earlier on DICE was acting like prone

was a thing of BF's past and voila... it's there and better.

Take on Helicopters - Day 1 purchase

Red Orchestra 2 - Day 1 purchase

Battlefield 3 - Depends on GAMER reviews.

They could create the gameplay features with the PC in mind and then throw out the ones out of the console versions that are too much for a controller. although I dont see how its so hard to reserve a button for proning on a controller.

They could create the gameplay features with the PC in mind and then throw out the ones out of the console versions that are too much for a controller. although I dont see how its so hard to reserve a button for proning on a controller.

The big issue with BF on consoles is the como-rose and Commander.

and of course that BF previous to BC1 and BC2 it was a tactical/teamwork game if you expected to win.

The biggest piss off is the fact that Xbox and PS3 support Keyboard and mouse but developers, MS and Sony refuse to implement them in most games.