Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

If you're a real nice and patient kid and don't nag the addon-creators with those silly "Gimmenaoh!" posts, that might just happen. So shhhh everyone!

Are we actually going to see this beauty before arma 3 comes out? waiting and hoping

weedman

Begging for release dates is considered spam on these forums. Please stop spamming. Thank you.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Firstly normally I don't aknowledge too much praise on concern of my ego, but at the same time ignoring it can be just as bad so thank you all for your kind comments, and I know Franze appreciates them as well. :)

Secondly we're glad to see your interest in our addon, I can't give you any deadlines or ETA's due to the tight schedule. About the only time we can get some things done is around the weekends if those aren't taken up by something.

Right now Franze is working on the weapons page and all I can say is full blown. And for those of you that like details he's even gone to the extent of swapping digital characters with the MPD's to increase the authenticity, so say you have a number of something..rather than see the default font you would see a digital font. On my side it's working with and trying to figure out rvmats and texturing..which I'll admit is not my strongest point so it's probably slower than it should be.

Edited by NodUnit

As far as we know you and your approach the textures and mats should be perfect as usual ;)

@NodUnit

A little over a year ago I offered to make a TADS overlay for your amazing looking apache mod. Then I got myself extremely distracted with the DCS series of sims... :D

Anyway, I was making a couple of briefing images for a DCS mission I'm cooking and created a new overlay, than remembered this thread!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g347/SmokeyTheLung/apacheoverlayDCS.png Image is well over the forum limit! My mistake!-Smokey

The "FLIR" image is straight out of the DCS series, but the overlay is currently sitting on my HD in the form of an adobe illustrator file. I've got no experience with modding, and therefor no idea how useful this might be.

I Basically created the font, and have a file with all the symbols that can be displayed (that I know of) i.e. AZ LIMIT, NO MISSILES, DTV, MSL TOF-02... you get the idea

shoot me a PM if you want me to email you this stuff

Apache is looking awesome BTW! Nice work!

Edited by SmokeyTheLung
removed 500kb+ image

is that font custom made in AI/FontLab etc or downloaded from someplace? Or have you create only the shapes you needed for that particular text?

Wouldn't mind having it myself, since i need to create some MDFs...soonish

edit:

NVM...found smth similar

Edited by PuFu

Hey Smokey, wondered what happened to ya. That optic looks quite nice especially if you got it working for DCS :) Just a shame there won't be any apache there, or at least not for a while :(..(that you can fly)

Thing is with ours there is a lot of hiding and showing so to speak..the firemode between DIR, LOAL and LOBL for example, weapon selected, the yaw limit you showed and so on I imagine... Truthfully the person you want to talk to is Franze as that is his area.

Just a shame there won't be any apache there, or at least not for a while :(..(that you can fly)

Tell me about it! Combat helo is looking good though :)

I figured this probably wouldn't be something useable for the reasons you mentioned. I'm just desperate to see more realism in the arma choppers. The vanilla TADS view is a little lacking, especially when you consider that "guncam" footage (showing the correct symbology) is so readily available

Silly, but I like how the word 'FLIR' looks like 'FLIfi'

Yeah, I have much to learn :D

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

is that font custom made in AI/FontLab etc or downloaded from someplace? Or have you create only the shapes you needed for that particular text?

Wouldn't mind having it myself, since i need to create some MDFs...soonish

edit:

NVM...found smth similar

Font is called minecraftia, available at dafont.com if you still need it

Getting the symbols/characters to have the proper amount of outline or drop shadow was the tricky part

Edit:can't seem to find it under that name, sorry. When I get home I'll update this post with the proper font name

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

Font is called minecraftia, available at dafont.com if you still need it

Getting the symbols/characters to have the proper amount of outline or drop shadow was the tricky part

Found that, cheers, but it is a bit off...BTW, you can do the shadows/outlines with the alha chnl (since it needs to be pixel based in the end) ;)

Silly, but I like how the word 'FLIR' looks like 'FLIfi'

Can't unsee now thanks.

Yes combat helo is looking nice though it appears there was a hangup in third party things..either way rest assured that we will do the best of what we can to get things as authentic. For example in flight Franze even added some extra weight on the delta so that it would have wider turns, even small details like that.

If it's of any interest the font we use for our symbology both HDU and MPD's is lcd phone. Aside from a few tweaks, when looking at this and MPD text in photo's it matched nearly perfectly, the monocle had the same so I'm assuming that heads down has the same if you feel like playing with that one :)

Yeah, I have much to learn :D

It wasn't a criticism. I was just laughing at myself as I was looking at the image and wondering what a flifi was.

Found that, cheers, but it is a bit off...BTW, you can do the shadows/outlines with the alha chnl (since it needs to be pixel based in the end) ;)

Ineteresting, thanks!

As is usual with adobe software, there are 15 ways to do everything. 13 efficient and professional ways and two really silly ones.

I always choose the latter...:eek:

I did a copy paste job on everything, followed by a path offset and a color change. Follow that with a little "send to back" and you've got yourself a semi-convincing TADS font :)

@NodUnit,

Thanks for the heads up on the font, I'll check it out for sure

Edit:damn that font is nearly perfect! Looks like a quick do-over for me! :D

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

Suppose we can show something since it has been so long, please note that sounds are temporary and I am working on the glaring material issues.

Here you can see an example of the arming, weapon pages and more. I suggest you pause on the weapon pages and look closely at the change, it's quite different per weapon type but the screen goes through them so fast.

Oh you will, once we get things more visually representable you'll be seeing much more. There are some new toys not included in the video.

omg, jizz in ma panz... :eek::butbut:

i'm not sure if that was on arma2... seems like superbly detailed apache from some heli sim.

Well shizzle my nizzle that was a pretty good start to saturday!

Those ninja skills must be strong with NodUnit and Franze otherwise BIS headhunters would have caught them long ago. Great work and cross fingers that this Apache Longbow will arrive in CO soon to fight against those pragmatic but creative OPFOR units. :)

Those features are all well and good...but does it come in pink? ;)

Just kidding, mates. It's clear the amount of hard work that has gone into this addon, and it looks absolutely fantastic! I wish BIS would release the source files for their helicopter addons so that you guys could add these features to them as well. :) (Once you're done the Apache, of course.)

Abs