Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Horrible

List of "Armed Assault 1" addons that work in "ArmA II" as well

I've had various hard disk crashes that has stopped all manner of releases to the community and after the last big crash about two weeks ago, all the lastest versions of scripts/cfg and MLOD's and textures were lost.

Yeah....Its ok if you dont want to work on certain stuff anymore, but please dont do this bullshit-talk. The infamous "hardware crash which killed all data" has been done to death, and everyone knows it pretty much can only happen if you harddrive gives up, which happens like once in a lifetime. :rolleyes:

Dean your new here. Eble has put out a ton of addons in the past and lots of us have learned from his stuff. Unless you were in his house and was sitting next to his pc you don't know what happened. He has his reasons and we have to follow the rules. Flame wars don't last long here.

Yeah....Its ok if you dont want to work on certain stuff anymore, but please dont do this bullshit-talk. The infamous "hardware crash which killed all data" has been done to death, and everyone knows it pretty much can only happen if you harddrive gives up, which happens like once in a lifetime. :rolleyes:

I have two hard disks not 1 metre from where I'm sitting, both dead.

To give you a small idea of what I lost the addons folders of converted and WIP files was over 60 gigs.

Forget just the addons I worked on myself for fun, I was very active helping others and thus over time collected heaps of work.

The A4 I had nothing to do with other than converting in a totally basic form for the LOBO mod, and that goes for the Mig21 as well.

Permission would have to be sought from the original addon makers for those two.

Nothing is stopping you or anyone else contacting any of the addon makers for OFP addons, learning everything about Arma2 and conversion and making these yourself.

When I first started converting addons it was fun seeing what could and couldn't be done and what worked and what didn't and firstly I did it for myself then for the Internode server I played on, later I started making for the wider community like your good self.

Funny I don't feel inclined to convert addons anymore on demand.

Work continues on these aircraft but at my pace.

Southy

Thanks southy. I have taken your advice and have already email a few of the OFP makers. Thanks for your work and I look foward to see what comes next out of your hanger.

Does anyone know any Police addons that work? At the moment I have some good American police cars and a fire truck for my zombie mission, but really need officers and a american styled ambulance

Well, this isn't a request thread, and I hope your mission requires the entire city life mod. If you distribute any of their files seperately I think you will end up with a problem.

Nah, I don't release missions for anyone else. I play ARMA in my spare time and make missions for myself :)

Ok have done lots of work but it means squat unless I get permission. I have tried all the emails I had for footmunch but have not gotten any relpy yet. Anyone here talk to him recently? If so can you ask for me to port his aircraft over.

Col. Klink gave me the ok for the A4. Just needs damage textures and /or damge model. Still trying to update the cockpit look a bit better also.

Also got the ok to do the RAF Tornado. I started work on that but still need lots of tweeking.

Will post pics when I think they look good enough.

well you walking around with your head up your ass and making comments like that are the reason most of us modders are choosing to quit these days.

You sir need to read a few more posts and spend some time participating in the community before you will ever be taken seriously for comments like that.

go ahead and roll your eyes at this post too. It just shows your blatant lack of maturity and disrespect for a man that has brought more to the arma community than you ever will.

get out of here and go back to playing battlefield2

Edited by wld427
controlling my emotions

Guys, can someone have a quick look into the VFS-1 Valkyrie addon here:

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=news&id=1138

It works perfectly in ArmA II, expect as soon as it lifts of it changes into "Mech Mode" (or "VTOL Mode" if you take the F-35 as a reference) and wont change back.

I checked the config, I extracted the MLOD to search for missaligned LODs, but Im not able to find the fucking error:mad:

Im 100% sure its some simple shit I just overlooked, the definiton at which speed the craft changes or something like that, it would be really appreciated if someone of you could double check it. Because this addon is high-quality, and we have too few SciFi-addons in ArmA, so it would be a real shame if we couldnt figure this out.

It works perfectly in ArmA II, expect as soon as it lifts of it changes into "Mech Mode" (or "VTOL Mode" if you take the F-35 as a reference) and wont change back.

I checked the config, I extracted the MLOD to search for missaligned LODs, but Im not able to find the fucking error:mad:

Im 100% sure its some simple shit I just overlooked, the definiton at which speed the craft changes or something like that, it would be really appreciated if someone of you could double check it. Because this addon is high-quality, and we have too few SciFi-addons in ArmA, so it would be a real shame if we couldnt figure this out.

Maybe its a scripting problem? Would be nice, because the Macross/Robotech stuff is awesome.

lost brother heli pack for arma (sea king-gazelle-commando) works great in arma2oa .

is this any simple way to convert (arma-arma2) into arma2oa compatible addon ?this way alot of addons would be available to OA .

Edited by ahmed8620

I second this!

Me too! I've been practically begging to get the Vf-1s fixed for ArmA 2 for several months. An addon of this quality deserves a 2nd life in ArmA 2.

Check this video if you don't believe it.

I have opened it up and played in the configuration a bit. This is a side project that I pull out when I get bored. If someone with more skill would look at they might have a fix for this faster then me. I only just started with Haddon stuff and my skills are still developing.

Me too! I've been practically begging to get the Vf-1s fixed for ArmA 2 for several months. An addon of this quality deserves a 2nd life in ArmA 2.

Check this video if you don't believe it.

Stop begging and get into it yourself. Use cpbo or the old unpbo from OFP to unpack the .pbo, look into the config.bin file or the scripts directory and start checking stuff out.

People like you who have 2352390523590 posts in the request thread should really start to get into addon-making themselves. They obviously have the time for it.

Ontopic:

In the config there are just the different kinds of "typ: rotation"-animations, which in OFP and ArmA define all kinds of animations, from minigun-gunbarrels to the rising SCUD-Launcher. Here they control the transformation.

In the script-directoy I found this:

?(_VF1S animationphase "VtolCheck" != 0) && (getpos _VF1S select 2 > 28):goto "VtolOn"

?(_VF1S animationphase "VtolCheck" != 1) && (getpos _VF1S select 2 > 28):goto "VtolOff"

goto "VtolCheck"

It checks for VTOL on / off, and somewhere there ArmA II must interpret things differently then ArmA I did.

get into it yourself

Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible. I grew up playing with the Commodor64 & Atari and pinball at the arcade. Our first Nintendo blew me away with it's incredible gfx (compared to Atari). I remember being so amazed when my dad brought home the first Windows based computer. Thinking it was the greatest thing in the world.

Point is, all this computer language is beyond me and trying to learn it now would be near impossible. I might as well be trying to read ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs.

So, it's up to the younger generation and to ppl that could actually afford college to do all the scripting and addon making. While us old folks can only be constantly amazed by new technology and improvements in gaming.

And we do appreciate it…otherwise we'd all still be playing Pong.

Edited by kage74

Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible. I grew up playing with the Commodor64 & Atari and pinball at the arcade. Our first Nintendo blew me away with it's incredible gfx (compared to Atari). I remember being so amazed when my dad brought home the first Windows based computer. Thinking it was the greatest thing in the world.

Point is, all this computer language is beyond me and trying to learn it now would be near impossible. I might as well be trying to read ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs.

So, it's up to the younger generation and to ppl that could actually afford college to do all the scripting and addon making. While us old folks can only be constantly amazed by new technology and improvements in gaming.

And we do appreciate it…otherwise we'd all still be playing Pong.

The "computer language" used in the OFPs and ArmAs config files is just plain "english". I dont no any programming language myself, but if it says in a config "speed: 500" I know it means said addon goes 500....

The "computer language" used in the OFPs and ArmAs config files is just plain "english". I dont no any programming language myself, but if it says in a config "speed: 500" I know it means said addon goes 500....

And this is not plain english:

?(_VF1S animationphase "VtolCheck" != 0) && (getpos _VF1S select 2 > 28):goto "VtolOn"

And this is not plain english:

Yes it is. I too have no idea what the "&&"-signs do, but I understand the terms "animationphase" (something is ANIMATED, like, the fucking plane for example) and "Vtolon" (uhh....maybe VTOL on....??).

You see? Use youre brain-thing a bit and everything is understandable. ;)

You could probably disable the G-mode easily, but making it work using the auto-hover function is another story..

Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible. I grew up playing with the Commodor64 & Atari and pinball at the arcade.

Mine first puter was a Vic20 ..... hasn't stopped me ;)

is there anyone knowwhat part of config is responsible of (crews and pilots) in vehicles ?

and how can one convert arma2 and arma islands to arma2oa ?

Gnat;1834286']Mine first puter was a Vic20 ..... hasn't stopped me ;)

Lol - I still remember from Commodore:

10 PRINT "I am brilliant"

20 GOTO 10

<Return>