Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Horrible

List of "Armed Assault 1" addons that work in "ArmA II" as well

Download links?

They are part of the VTE Mod for ArmA I. The mod is over 1 GB big.

It produces some Error Messages when running in ArmA II, and I think the MiG-19 is invisible and the American M60 Tank bounces around wildly.

But apart from that all addons work fine, not only the planes Dean posted.

Come on, please release the MiG-15. I just need the error message gone and a working pilot.

Hey guys, sorry for the hold up. I've been having some trouble with the author, he gave permission for everything, then I asked him for the mlod model to fix some details and he never replayed.

I will post the link to the working Mig-15 tomorrow or today in the evening!

PS. Any luck extracting the mlod with that tool? I've got permission so no worries.

I will post the link to the working Mig-15 tomorrow or today in the evening!

Nice, many thanks.

Any luck extracting the mlod with that tool? I've got permission so no worries

I fear the guy who was on it got banned.

When you do post this warrants a new topic as well Martin!

Ok TomatoArden, I'll post it when I get home in the evening :smile:

Nice, the MiG-15 will fit with the UNSUNG mod that just got released. (I know MiG-15 where only used as trainers, but they are close enough to MiG-17s...:D )

I know. By the way, most of the ArmA 1 VTE addons work in ArmA 2 as well, HUGE SHAME the only addon of this mod that doesnt work is the MiG-19 :mad:

I know. By the way, most of the ArmA 1 VTE addons work in ArmA 2 as well, HUGE SHAME the only addon of this mod that doesnt work is the MiG-19 :mad:

Yeah. Especially since the other plane are quite nice, either completly new or very well done OFP port. And judging from the cockpit the MiG-19 would have been also high quality.

Allright, since there is nothing coming from Martin, Ill try to look into the .config myself. I did some addons for OFP, but I know nothing about porting.

Well the two guys said the changes needed in the config a fairly simple, but its possible they were talking bullshit, so dont excpect me to come up with a guranteed solution.

First the pilot, that wasnt a problem, just change the pilot class.

Now to the sound, the sound files are in a .wss format, cant ArmA II read that or what? If not, whats the name of the default jet sound I have to point the addon to?

And the annoying error that pops up, anyone knows what it means?

Marin replied to my visitor wall message, hes just putting some finishing touches on it with gettign the right wing flaps to work, so no need to bother. he said itll be out today probably

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay, the config is such a mess but I managed to some how get it to work, although there are still some things that need to be fixed, if anyone feels like it please have a look at the config, I haven't got any more time for this addon, only if I get a MLOD of the model I'll come back to fix everything. Thanks to PROTOTYPE 001 for help on the config!

Here is the link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1764155#post1764155

Enjoy! :smile:

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay, the config is such a mess but I managed to some how get it to work, although there are still some things that need to be fixed, if anyone feels like it please have a look at the config, I haven't got any more time for this addon, only if I get a MLOD of the model I'll come back to fix everything. Thanks to PROTOTYPE 001 for help on the config!

Here is the link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1764155#post1764155

Enjoy! :smile:

Very nice.

Also: The Su-17 by Franze works more or less, theres a problem with the cockpit glass. But it makes a nice AI controlled plane, or airport deko, and if you fly it in third person or using the working target camera you can use all the scripts, they all seem to work fine.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/101006/yu8k67xy.jpg

The M60a3 tank is ready with proper tank crew. I don't know if we got the ok to mess with it yet.

Don't worry about that. I'm going to be bringing it over once I get the source files from wld427. Once I get it updated (config edit, make sure .rpt is clean, fix rvmats, maybe get a thermal texture) to AII standards I will ask if I can release it standalone.

Excellent. Iranian Forces mod use the same M60 in their mod, and their conversion came out pretty damn well, maybe you should consider asking them if you can use their config work to save time?

Sent out a few emails today. I am trying to get permission for the F4 Phantom :4-f4arma2.jpg by Footmunch or (southy)

F111: 4-gd_f111_bomber_1.jpg by Skaircro or (southy)

Mig21: 3-lobo_11.jpg by southy (again)

Or the Mig21 by Project RACS:4-pracs-mig21-1.jpg

Mig-23 by Project RACS: 6871-pracs-mig23-10.jpg

If wld427 can help with any of the Project RACS stuff it would be great. If not we can wait for the Project RACS team to release. Their stuff has always been top noch and fun to play with.

The Cessna 182 by Mondkalb is done. I will post a link if anyone is interested.

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

Uhh... How often do you read these forums? The F-4 is even on ArmAholic...

The F-4 has already been converted by Southy.

The F-111 is being done by NZDFCrash

The Mig-21 (PRACS) is currently being worked on, in fact it's been worked on quite alot in the past week.

and as far as I know PRACS uses Southy's Mig-21.

Also, please do not ask wld to to help, he is going through chemo for pancreatic cancer.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Uhh gee goly willikers I guess I don't do any research before posting.

Oh wait I did. None of the addons have shadows. They have the old proxies for cew in the config. And yes hey look script errors!

Not mad or anything. Just have not seen anyone posting updates on addons being worked on. Thats why this thread was started in the first place.:dance1:

Now that we have answers we can move on to other addons.:don 15:

Sorry to hear about wld. Hes good people I hope all goes well for him. If the community can do anything for him feel free to ask.

Well the F-4 is an Alpha release, I know Eble (Southy) has been very busy with RL, so it's possible he will let you continue his work.

The F-111 will be released with ANZAC last I heard, with a very slim possibility of a U.S. version.

I apologize for my rudeness, I've been under alot of stress recently, with no chance of it letting up for another 1-3 months.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

No problem. I understand completely. If there is anything I can do to help the RACS team please ask.

I know some stuff is being worked on and will be part of larger mods. I just wanted to get out single addons for those who don't want to download extra stuff just for one vehicle/weapon ect ect.

Alot of addons have been in the shadows and left in it too. Its nice to see somebody that can and will fix or convert them to ArmA 2/OA/BAF. Alot say there doing but some are just dust in the wind ya know. Im all for an addon that has not been fix nor update for say an year or so to be convert and update, there is an F-117 an F-15 and like the F-22 that could be fixed up if you cant get in tuch with the maker. Im sure the community would love to see them done PROTOTYPE 001. If you can fix up the F-117 or F-22 as i know there not being worked on, and the makers have left them as is. I think in the F-117 the maker says as long as credit goes to him all is well. As im sure most addon maker are fine with that. As long as the credit goes to them.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Lol I already did the F-22 for myself. I will seek out the ok for it. I also redid the config and fixed a small pilot view problem for an F117. It is the USEC F-177. It is completely stealth and will only be fired on if it is seen. I will also ask the USEC team if it is ok to release that also.

There is a F-117 already released for ArmA 2, it works pretty damn well, looks fantastic, and has some nice features. It needs some bug fixing, but there is no need for the USEC bird, not until Rocket/USEC has time to bring it over with all of their features.

Lol I already did the F-22 for myself. I will seek out the ok for it. I also redid the config and fixed a small pilot view problem for an F117. It is the USEC F-177. It is completely stealth and will only be fired on if it is seen. I will also ask the USEC team if it is ok to release that also.

Sounds very good. Im sure that the makers will have no problem with your good work. I know that the F-117 maker said he will not be working on it any more, it was an addon of Fortran F-117. As long as you give credit out to the maker there is no problem, if they do have an issue im sure they will say something about it. But the community is very cool about these things and very appreciative of all work.

@Darkhorse 1-6

Much is know about the F-117 beta that is released but PROTOTYPE 001 is making fixs and so on with much goods to carry it on, im sure you would like to see it with the fixs and even more added to it. No need to wait cause somebody is working on features. Im sure when they come out with there features, it will be added.