Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Horrible

List of "Armed Assault 1" addons that work in "ArmA II" as well

@1in1class

The USEC group spent money to research alot of their addons, and others are stuff from FlightSim that they only use in their group. I really doubt they will allow the source files to be released. We really don't need two F-117s, not unless USEC releases theirs with all of their functions, if they do.

@Darkhorse 1-6

Dont know to much about the USEC group as iv not heard about there work in an long time, but they do some very very nice work of there addons. Fortran F-117 was an top notch plane at an beta state also. If PROTOTYPE 001 would like to fix that one up im sure there would be no problem as the maker said he will not be working on it. PROTOTYPE 001 is fixing up and making more goods to these addons for OA. He is not making another F-117 as there is two, if your saying USEC group is still making one. See no problem in fixing up some of the old good addons that makers have stop working on. More addons to OA for the community.

Where can I find the Robotech Vf-1s Fighter?

1in1class did you ever read §20 of the forum rules?

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

1in1class did you ever read §20 of the forum rules?

Its ok to port something if the original author doesnt respond.

See the SA-6 Gainful addon, the guy who ported it didnt have the permission of the original author, but it was ok with the forum mods because he tried to contact him for three weeks to no avail.

Edited by Altimeter

Im fully aware of the rules. Seek permission first. If an addon maker says that he will not be working on it and says "If somebody would like to continue as long as credit goes to maker" There is no problem. Yes in all words i know the rules and iv seen addon makers give permission in there topic of there addon to go on with there work. As long as the community and the addon maker is aware or has gave permission its ok. PROTOTYPE 001 has went about this in a right way. As long as there is an good understanding of the addon and community it is fine. Just when there is an issue about a person that did not even try to contact for permission or just took all credit for the addon there would be an issue in it and so on. Seen this done a lot of time in the community there are right ways of going about it and there are wrong ways.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Anyone know of a Western style EMT ambulance that is available for download? I thought it would be in the City Life 2 addons pack but could never find it, found a cool fire truck though.

Just so you know, Fortran never gave anybody permission, neither did he release the source files.

In his topic he did post that he would not be doing any updates or be working on it, but in one of them post an topic was asked about somebody continuing or fixing up his work as long as he was credit for the addon. Im 80% sure this is what i remember in that post. As i said befor also to contact to see. If you would like you could read all the post and see if he gave an 100% sure for the addon to be fixed if that is you have an differ on this addon being fixed up.

Edited by 1in1class

No fighting please. Rest assured that all rules about addons will be followed before I release anything for public download.

I always make 4 email trys (once a month) and PM's in the forums before moving on.

I know that F-15s that Footmunch's has made and Southy has done some fix to them and convert them to ArmA 2. If you could get in touch with one of them you could get them bad boys going real good. Love to see them F-15s get fixed up for OA. Also that F-22. Keep it up.

I know that F-15s that Footmunch's has made and Southy has done some fix to them and convert them to ArmA 2. If you could get in touch with one of them you could get them bad boys going real good. Love to see them F-15s get fixed up for OA. Also that F-22. Keep it up.

Sorry, I already loocked into these planes, and they are just too old. To shine in ArmA II they need to be rebuild from scratch. Especially the cockpits.

Well IrishDeviant MIGHT do a new F-14, since it got a lot of votes, apart from that I dont know whats in the pipes.

Im currently busy with my own project.

Edited by Altimeter

Naa they just need a little TLC. A little retex here and there, swap a few cockpit details with some new ones and you got a decent addon. Just takes a bit of cut and paste with lots of trouble shooting ingame.

Sorry Proto, but the F-15 shows it's age, retextures and bit swapping can't help it anymore. It's come a long way from OFP, it has earned the right to retire, once a suitable successor comes along (There is an F-15 in the works. Can't remember who is doing it, Jester, Jestar, something along those lines.)

the MiG23 and 27 really need alot of work to be in arma2 standards.

I have many other projects in my semi-retirement with much higher priority.

The Mig21.... its getting there and hopefully out in the next couple weeks.

You are just goign to have to wait a little bit longer. As you said my stuff tends to be top notch and i work very hard to make it that way. I wont release crap.

Edited by wld427

the MiG23 and 27 really need alot of work to be in arma2 standards.

I have many other projects in my semi-retirement with much higher priority.

The Mig21.... its getting there and hopefully out in the next couple weeks.

You are just goign to have to wait a little bit longer. As you said my stuff tends to be top notch and i work very hard to make it that way. I wont release crap.

You are the guy providing the MiG-21 to IceBrakr right? Just wanted to thank you personally. I know BIS focussed on ground-attack planes, but I often wondered why they didnt include the MiG-21 anyway into ArmA, it being the most built jet fighter and all. I can see a nation like "Takistan" or "Chernarus" possessing a MiG-21 before a Su-25.

So many thanks that you took the task to get that plane ingame.

Edited by Altimeter

Yha i know the F-15s are showing its age but there still use today. F-22 are to replace them but that will not be till 2014 i think, and its Israels top fighter as of date. So as PROTOTYPE 001 said all it needs is some TLC. Im sure he can fix it up very well.

Thanks Wld. Can't wait to fly that mig! If you have anything that is low priority let me know and I will help out by working on it.

Thanks for the heads up.

@1in1class

I am talking about the current F-15 model, the one Eble(Southy) released. It was created for OFP, is showing it's age, and needs replaced. I love the F-15 in real life, I was simply talking about the old model. The current F-14, F-15, and F-4 models are really showing their age, and really need replacements, although they are better than nothing.

well shadedpony.....

I think my version of that F-15 came out very very nice......

@Darkhorse 1-6

Ahhh i see what ya saying now, but PROTOTYPE 001 says he could make wonders with that F-15 i would like to see how it will look.

@wld427

Have not seen your F-15s yet ya got any pics? Like all have said on this thread cant what for your guys mod. Keep the good work going.

My skills are still developing. I would rather wait for new stuff but if it takes too long I can do a "for now" version with old stuff if given permission. Like I posted before I have never been let down by the RACS stuff and look foward to the next release.

What I am trying to say is I can patch what we have now but brand new is always best.

Just to update everyone that might have had an interest in any of the aircraft I originally converted from OFP.

All addons converted under the name Eble/southy were me basically and I won't release the MLOD's to alter these addons further, they were originally always only intended as stop gaps for the Arma1 game and truly are not up to Arma2 standards.

I've had various hard disk crashes that has stopped all manner of releases to the community and after the last big crash about two weeks ago, all the lastest versions of scripts/cfg and MLOD's and textures were lost.

The Kiowa is an on going project and I'm still looking at ways to improve that very old addon :)

The F14 was by IkaR and I note that a new F14 is in the works, which is great and I probably will not update this addon anymore.

The Mirage 2000 is also IkaR's addon and has no permission for arma2 at all, IkaR is woking with the French mod team and already released this updated addon.

I know it sounds like I'm being a kill joy, but honestly I've spent many 100's of hours converting addons/gaining permissions in the last 2 years and I would like the opportunity to continue to work on these at a slower pace without the thought that I'm being rushed 'because people want them etc'.

Most addons will be updated and even new ones released, but it just takes times and in the meantime if a new/better version is released great I don't have to complete what I started.

Southy

Edited by Eble

Eble/southy has spoken his wishes and they will be followed. No A-4, F-4, F-14 and F-15 updates will be comming. Shame cause I was having fun with the A-4 and F-4 and was almost done.

With any luck footmunch and Col. Klink will get back to me soon and I can continue on some other stuff. Sorry guys but rules are rules.