Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

ARMA 2: OA Beta 72716 is up

With this beta the thermal sight effect is very toned down.

Also the "Swap Gunner" key action has changed.

For example until now in a M1A2 pressing the key would change the positions:

Driver->Gunner->Commander->Gunner->Commander->Gunner->....

With this beta:

Driver->Loader->Commander, key action stops working because you "turn out" as Commander. Turn in, use the swap key (Commander->Loader->Commander) and key is again disabled.

I get better performance with this beta than 72418 one... will test more. So far I'm liking this beta very much

@-=anders=-

does the game still startup ?, wat version is shown on the title screen ?

can u patch to latest beta ?. if all is answerd with NO or doesnt correspond with the version u have installed, re-install and update the game.

afterwards use the beta patch and your good to go.

never uninstall it again just delete the beta folders bevore u try different beta's or finals.

@TonyGrunt

yes the thermal sight is toned down it tought it was me using a different sniper rifle :)

but no performance boosts for me,

in the benchmark i still get 49 fps.

altough it seems there is more going on in benchmark08 more smoke and choppers that werent there bevore.

so infact there is a small performance increase.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Ok, so not: "\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta"?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

God damn, so if I selected to unistall it and now i can't find it, what do I do now?

I suggest to use launcher. Its easiest way http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Hmm, i still have the shadow bug, but it is much less noticable. The rays still go through terrain =(

i uploaded variant for server admins, simple archive

so you don't need unpack 3 files to get to files you need

(just recheck if you use proper folders when extracting depends how you setup your server)

8MB http://www.filefront.com/17198103/betaWindowsDedicatedServer_72716.zip

5MB http://www.filefront.com/17198102/betaWindowsDedicatedServer_72716.7z (7-zip 9.15 needed)

and mirrors by Kellys-Heroes.eu

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files\ARMA2\patches\betapatches/betaWindowsDedicatedServer_72716.7z

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files\ARMA2\patches\betapatches/betaWindowsDedicatedServer_72716.zip

Edited by Dwarden

[72701] New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands

[72698] Experimental: TCMalloc used as a memory allocator.

does this hopefully mean bether memory usage ?

simple archive for server admins

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1717093&postcount=31

(just recheck if you use proper folders when extracting depends how you setup your server)

See, this is why I love BI, They actually give a damn about their games, and the people that play them. They always try new experiments to help better the game performance and fix bug related issues etc etc...TYVM. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Imo, Small companies make the best games :)

I have never before in history of Arma / Arma2 / Arma2 OA had a better performance than with this beta - my fps i way up where they belong. GREAT JOB BIS

edit: sorry, should've started the game via gamshortcut in my main arma folder...

Edited by fraghetti

Just reading about 72701 actually made me cry. Of joy :) Have been waiting for this for many years :)

What?

Well, my beta runs great now, but when starting a game I get certain "script-errors".

Like:

"Script SCAR_L_STD_HOLO not found"

"Script NVGoggles not found" etc.

Depending on wich class I select!

Why?

And; "[72698] Experimental: TCMalloc used as a memory allocator."

Does this mean we now can use more than 2GB with the command: "-maxmem=2047"? Like 4094? Or something else cause I have 6GB. And also, why do we get better FPS?

Edited by -=anders=-

@-=anders=-:

The new script commands. Ways to read ammo crate contents has been on the most wanted list for most scripters/mission makers since the dawn of time.

Script NVGoggles/Anyweapon? Sounds weird. What mission? OA/CO version? Very vague on the information there. Not having issues with NVGoggles in singleplayer, CO with disabled Arma2 content.

@-=anders=-:

The new script commands. Ways to read ammo crate contents has been on the most wanted list for most scripters/mission makers since the dawn of time.

Script NVGoggles/Anyweapon? Sounds weird. What mission? OA/CO version? Very vague on the information there. Not having issues with NVGoggles in singleplayer, CO with disabled Arma2 content.

In the editor only. Also, when selecting a M2A1 Abram tank it complained about the Col1911 script. haha

"I have never before in history of Arma / Arma2 / Arma2 OA had a better performance than with this beta - my fps i way up where they belong. GREAT JOB BIS"

Well, I hope we still have the same awesome visuals texture LOD quality of 72418. Gonna try this patch soon.

for me my game crashes a lot with access violation errors, any time i save mission to mp in editor i crash, and when shutting down.

"I have never before in history of Arma / Arma2 / Arma2 OA had a better performance than with this beta - my fps i way up where they belong. GREAT JOB BIS"

Well, I hope we still have the same awesome visuals texture LOD quality of 72418. Gonna try this patch soon.

Yeah, whats with that LOD? Sometimes stuff is made of like 50 polygons and I'm like "wtf, there is supposed to be a ladder here... ok, lets walk in the air".

Is there any workaround for that?

Well, imho this is THE best Beta patch performancewise and visualswise to date. Missions load quickly. Seem to be alot more high rez than usual. A.I. is more active alround. VERY happy with what I am seeing here. A.I. Team Medics are actually searching me out to heal now.

Keep up the awesome work BIS!!!!!

This beta is the bomb, I have cranked all my settings up including adding an extra 1.5k to view distance and the performance is still great.

Thanks BIS.

Just did some benchmarking with this beta versus 72418. Honestly, not a lot different in terms of benchmark performance, but here are the results:

[b]72418            72716[/b]
Benchmark E08:       44               44
ArmAIIMark:          4993.04          5063.93
Cherno _TEST_FPS6:   35, 24, 49, 7    34, 24, 47, 7 
(Avg, AvgMin, Max, Min) 

Notes:

-LOD switching seemed faster in 72716.

-Weird bug with ArmAIIMark in 72716 where in the first test (Jeep Run), the trailing jeep got stuck on the road, stuttering forward tiny amounts, until finally a bit later driving on. However, the benchmark stopped before the jeep passed into the city, so I think it may have affected framerate a bit (higher framerate than should have been).

-Possibly some shadow flickering in 72716 that I didn't notice before.

In any case, seems like a good build, though performance did not skyrocket for me like others are stating.

Just reading about 72701 actually made me cry. Of joy :) Have been waiting for this for many years :)

good one bis! an immersion distiller has been fixed. now about shadows not actually being cast by objects like trees/buildings in the distance - any chance to get than implemented? makes deep dark forests seem like bright green meadows with cardboard trees stuck in them.

I tested on my Alienware M17x-R2 it rocks! I tested both with and without mods seems to be a step forward. Good Job BIS!:bounce3:

I'd like to say my performance has increased greatly with this beta. At first I thought something was changed in my video settings without me knowing but no the beta actually made my game pretty damn smooth (visually, haven't monitored framerates yet). What ever BIS is doing, I guess it's working.