Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

ARMA 2: OA Beta 72716 is up

[72701] New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands

[72698] Experimental: TCMalloc used as a memory allocator.

does this hopefully mean bether memory usage ?

simple archive for server admins

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1717093&postcount=31

(just recheck if you use proper folders when extracting depends how you setup your server)

Edited by Dwarden

Is it supposed to show the running mods in top right corner? That's a nice feature. So far so good....

What exactly is TCMalloc?

TCMalloc is this. Hopefully it could give a better performance or stability in some situations than the previous one we have used (which was JEMalloc).

This is for OA, right? Thread title was not specific, but I assume so ....

This is for OA, right? Thread title was not specific, but I assume so ....

Yes, it is for OA.

TCMalloc is this. Hopefully it could give a better performance or stability in some situations than the previous one we have used (which was JEMalloc).

Indian code?) that could be interesting))

Hmm, I've never succeeded running the betas..... Get errors all the time. :/

When I start with this path (by running the arma2oa.exe as arma2.exe for crossfire):

"\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@TRFW;@TRRW;@TRTV;@TRWV;@Tracers;@JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE

...it says "No entry '.profilePathDefault'." and press OK, then the gamemenu-UI is totally fucked up. Can't see anything...

What shall i do to succeed running the betas?????? :S

I like that way addons are shown on the right side now in order ! Nice touch!

When I start with this path (by running the arma2oa.exe as arma2.exe for crossfire):

"\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@TRFW;@TRRW;@TRTV;@TRWV;@Tracers;@JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE

...it says "No entry '.profilePathDefault'." and press OK, then the gamemenu-UI is totally fucked up. Can't see anything...

mod line is wrong. correct format could be found in OA beta launch link (which is created after beta installation).

You are missing the actual beta data folders in your mod line. It should look like this:

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@TRFW;@TRRW;@TRTV;@TRWV;@Tracers;@JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE

Ahh ok, thx mates!

Although I now tried to uninstall the beta and reinstall it, the installer tells me this: "Arma2 OA is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted."

What the hell is going on??? :(

You also need to make sure that your startup folder is the top ArmA 2 installation folder, not the beta folder.

You also need to make sure that your startup folder is the top ArmA 2 installation folder, not the beta folder.

Ok, so not: "\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta"?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

DELETE the beta folder don't uninstall it !

God damn, so if I selected to unistall it and now i can't find it, what do I do now?

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@JSRS-E;@JSRS-V;@JSRS-VW;@JSRS-W -nosplash

The above works for me (note that I've cut and pasted the entire line). Also, there's a space in your line; TR WV, which shouldn't be there. Try the following for your mods...

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@TRFW;@TRRW;@TRTV;@TRWV;@Tracers;@JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE -nosplash - world=empty -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7

I'm not sure you'll need the -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7, but if you're running the arma2 exe then it's probably a safe bet to put them in.

EDIT: Weird. It put's a space in @Tracers; for some reason.. :)

Double edit. If you're still getting errors, try the above but with arma2oa.exe instead of arma2.exe. It might be trying to reference the arma2.exe to an arma2 beta that isn't there. I'm not really sure though...

Edited by Das Attorney

This is an OA patch so it should be in Expansion\beta .... that's where it put mine (after I deleted the older folder !)

Must I uninstall OA and reinstall it again, cause I cant even patch with the original 1.52 patch?