Sign in to follow this  
=kct=blackmamba

ARMA 2: OA Beta 72716 is up

Im getting great performance from this patch + exthreads 3 on my dual core machine, but its extremely buggy, what is the latest patch with the "move there" ai command still operational?

Still working fine for me. Just double-checked with beta and no mods running.

Is it crashing when you issue the order, or are the menus screwed up or something?

Why set you all the CpuCount and exthreads manual?

I think since the second beta patch for OA is this by default.

[71143] Improved: -cpuCount=4 is now default on computers with more than four logical CPUs to prevent hyperthreading causing performance problems. If you want to use more CPUs, use -cpuCount=N to override this.

[71117] Optimized: Geometry loading in now optimized for multiple cores. Extra threading now enabled by default on computers with more that 2 CPUs. New possible -exThreads values: 5 (thread geometry loading only) and 7 (thread all)

Why set you all the CpuCount and exthreads manual?

I think since the second beta patch for OA is this by default.

[71143] Improved: -cpuCount=4 is now default on computers with more than four logical CPUs to prevent hyperthreading causing performance problems. If you want to use more CPUs, use -cpuCount=N to override this.

[71117] Optimized: Geometry loading in now optimized for multiple cores. Extra threading now enabled by default on computers with more that 2 CPUs. New possible -exThreads values: 5 (thread geometry loading only) and 7 (thread all)

when patch [71143] was released OA was still on the drawing board

maybe a moderator can explain ?, i cant find the source abouth the -exthreads=7 -cpucount=4 story.

Still working fine for me. Just double-checked with beta and no mods running.

Is it crashing when you issue the order, or are the menus screwed up or something?

A bit of both actually,

if you tell ai to get into a vehicle they will observe, even messing about with the alt key doesnt help

if you ask to move there its a ctd

It is so strange... When i just installed this beta patch i found that stuttering has disappeared (stuttering caused by wheel tracks described here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103753). I was so happy that this problem has been fixed. But next day when I started game I found that stuttering is here again. What is wrong?

PS: I will try do delete beta patch and install again.

A bit of both actually,

if you tell ai to get into a vehicle they will observe, even messing about with the alt key doesnt help

if you ask to move there its a ctd

I have experienced this EXACT same issue, and i found a fix (which may or may not match your situation). Dont run into the server with addons via Yoma Addon Syc ... this causes this issue. Run direct from shortcut and through MP in-game. I could repeat the problem over and over via Kelly's Heros server. Im not suggesting Yomas is faulty or the latest update is now ok (just havent tried it via Yoma since), but if you experience this issue you describe via a server and you went through Yoma ... that will be 90% the reason, so to diagnose it, run via shorcut & manual MP mode and see if it works ok, it did for me.

If of course this isnt the way you are doing things then ignore, but its mighty strange you describe all the exact same issues.

BTW this was mainly on missions in MP where I ran through Yoma's and the mission had the ability to recruit AI to your squad, as soon as you wanted to use them and direct them what you describe happens. If of course your having this in SP mode and use Yomas, yet again try without it and see.

Edited by mrcash2009

@Vipera: You could try deleting Arma2.cfg, and let the game write a new one @ C:\Users\'Vipera'\Documents\ArmA 2. Try defragging the hard disk you have A2 on with a decent defragmenter using the 'defrag and optimise' option.

I can report smoothing of my FPS with this patch (which was a little stuttery before), as well as a general FPS increase.

Yes for sure, despite CTDs frame rate is better. Now Zargabad runs good.

[72716] BUG: Command action "Lights off" does not function. Soldiers equipped with weapons with flashlights will turn them on in combat even in wide open areas and will not turn them off when ordered.

Expected behavior: same as "Lasers enable" / "Lasers disable". Flashlights should not be turned on unless ordered, and should be turned off the moment the command is given.

this enableGunLights false; seems to have no effect either, lights still come on when they go to combat mode.

Also they don't use lights while in Safe or Careless mode which seems odd.

@KCT=BlackMamba

I think you are wrong.

Look at the changelog of the ARMA2_OA_Build_71952 Patch

(current patch candidate)

[71910] Fixed: Scripting command isFlatEmpty did not work with non-zero third coordinate. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11704)

[71896] Fixed: TI was red instead of B/W with some settings and graphics cards.

[71891] Fixed: Night vision simulation was not simulating color sensitivity and blue shift in dark scenes.

[71882] Fixed: Disabled debugging message "Added texture headers from file"

[71881] Fixed: Av8 unable to takeoff from Chernarus NE airstrip (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3240) Fixed: Fog and sky colors did not match when dark. Fixed: Moon rotates when moving camera (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8051) Fixed: Stars no longer visible through terrain with low view distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8374) Fixed: Improved game stability with a small page file. Fixed: Gun recoil in ironsights view was missing kick-back (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4401)

[71843] Fixed: possible crash after mouse click to Prev/Next button in DisplayConfigureAction

[71527] Fixed: C130 was crashing on takeoff.

(added all changes from last Arma2 beta patch)

[71721] Game is now Large Address Aware, should improve stability and allow using more RAM with 64b OS.

[71543] File cache size increased a lot on systems with 4 GB RAM or more.

[71373] Fixed crash http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11097

[70817] Fixed: Crash while rendering some custom worlds, e.g Schmalfelden

[70793] Fixed: Character animation jerky after a unit disembarked a vehicle (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3116)

[70790] Fixed: Fps stayed low after spawning and deleted many units. See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5147

[70663] New: Weather config values "size" and "height" for better control over the cloud layer. Default values: size = 1.0; height = max(bright,0.6)

[70661] Improved: File handle management when more then 448 pbos are present is now more efficient.

[70651] Improved: Increased limits to prevent "Too many virtual memory blocks requested" error.

[70650] Fixed: Crash possible when loading map with older binarized format (pre 20, e.g. Schmalfelden).

[70646] Fixed: Some objects were shortly "flashing" while changing LODs.

[70582] Improved: Increased dynamic cloud layer visibility.

[70493] Fixed: Shadow artifacts visible on some windows while moving.

[70484] Fixed: Car horn not played in MP

[70439] Fixed: Transient z-fight-like shadows artifacts while zooming.

[70372] Fixed: AI vision was too good on moonless nights.

[70198] Fixed: Steam Overlay used during loading screen no longer disabled the keyboard.

[70192] New: Parameter exThreads=N to control extra threading. Following values of N are currently supported: 0 = no extra threads, 1 = file operations, 3 = texture loading

[69714] "enablesimulation" fixed on dedicated server

[69683] VoN volume slider

[68990] Improved: Reduced stutter when looking around, esp. with visibility 5 km or more.

[68694] Reduced parallax map artifacts on sloped terrain.

[68157] HDRPrecision 16 or 32 respected when users selects it and card supports it.

[68030] MP: Changed bandwidth estimation defaults as almost all players use broadband connection.

[67312] Fixed: AI is now able to take off with Camel airplane addon.

[67033] Improved AI airplane landing from very high altitude.

[66997] Optimized: Grass not rendered when flying high and fast, should reduce stutter.

[65703] New: Units report when reloading in combat situations.

[65703] New: Units report when throwing grenades in combat situations.

[65679] Fixed: AI Units called "covering" repeatedly while reloading.

[65656] "Cover me", "Covering" was often told repeateadly after busy radio channel periods.

[65605] Optimized: Fixed problems caused on some Vista systems by running too many threads at the same time.

[64561] New: Scripting function hideObject.

[64056] Fixed: Shining glasses on head preview in "edit player" menu.

[63164] Changed: Removed relics from dynamic building destruction development, including scripting function deleteCollection.

[63126] Improved: AI airplane now aiming at the ground targets using rudder as well.

[63126] Fixed: Some AI airplanes oscillated sideways when flying slow.

[62888] Fixed: Improved helicopter aiming with unguided rockets.

[62868] Fixed: AT/RPG soldiers often missed targets.

[62700] Fixed: Spatial weapon sounds

[62687] Fixed: 3D resolution now maintained correctly when Alt-Tabbing.

[62627] Improved: "Invalid crew" config error no longer exits to desktop.

[62533] Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.

[62532] Fixed: The voice over net speech was often delayed more than required.

[62492] Fixed: Window size/position was not stored after a change.

Edited by bensdale

you missed the

[71527] Fixed: C130 was crashing on takeoff.

(added all changes from last Arma2 beta patch)

[71721] Game is now Large Address Aware, should improve stability and allow using more RAM with 64b OS.

notice where is placed the BOLD part ;)

the merge of changes from A2 was not finished till post 71721 ...

Im getting great performance from this patch + exthreads 3 on my dual core machine, but its extremely buggy, what is the latest patch with the "move there" ai command still operational?

Your shortcut is messed up. I had the same exact problem and it was because I had both the :\Arma2\expansions and :\Arma2\expansions\beta running as mods in Arma2Launcher. I removed just the \expansions folder and all works well. Double check to make sure your shortcut is legit

this enableGunLights false; seems to have no effect either, lights still come on when they go to combat mode.

Also they don't use lights while in Safe or Careless mode which seems odd.

Yes, I noticed this too, it's so frustrating. Has anyone made a CIT ticket for it or should I?

Yes, I noticed this too, it's so frustrating. Has anyone made a CIT ticket for it or should I?

I have not.

AI and any lights - say no more.....

They don't react to commands, but they do seem to react on the situation.

So we don't need to use the cpuCount=4, exThreads=7 and maxMem= commands anymore ?

So we don't need to use the cpuCount=4, exThreads=7 and maxMem= commands anymore ?

OA 1.52 is technically seen on level with ArmA2 1.05, meaning for optimal performance you should set command parameters manual.

Every beta patch for OA is at least on the level of ArmA2 1.07, meaning command line parameters are only nescessary if your setup differs from default (which is quadcore).

edit: anyone knows if we gotta ad "-ltcmalloc" in commandline using 72716?!

Edited by @ST

ok so if someone uses a dualcore they dont need to add the command line?

if like myself someone uses a quadcore cpu u should use the command line?

please correct me if im wrong!!:)

ok so if someone uses a dualcore they dont need to add the command line?

if like myself someone uses a quadcore cpu u should use the command line?

please correct me if im wrong!!:)

Other way round and you got it right;)

quadcore= no need for commandline

1,2,3,6 cores=use commandline