What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

LordJarhead is there any reported lag from the latest update? it seems since ive started using 1.5 I am getting lag spikes! I never had it before even with the 1.4

so its def your 1.5 which has caused it as ive not got any other mods running, only using your sound mod mate. So my question is if any reports of it and heopfully

there is gonna be a fix soon or how can I manually fix it?

Thanks.

Hmm, no reports, neither from my side, so no fix. Maybe more will notice something but I cant.

UPDATE:

I updated the Optional Sounds content with the Creepy Forests Sounds at night time.

JSRS15MOD-CreepyForests

Its also included in the JSRS15MOD-Optional Sounds download if you gonna download that files again.

LJ

LJ can probably answer that a bit more efficiently, however there should be some expectation of performance hits for some people. Especially when we take into consideration everything being done real time with the new setup and scripts. But up until now any performance hit was much less noticeable compared to say earlier versions of JSRS. We did a test the other night on a server playing Warfare BE on Fallujah with ACE and JSRS and did not notice any performance issues/lag until maybe an hour or two into it once we were able to get almost to the middle of the city/map. Up until then you had factions all over the entire island fighting and didn't notice any lag spikes. RPT's were generally clear other than that reload entry. But that was just me and LJ and the countless dozens of AI. Out of curiosity, how consistent are the lag spikes? How severe?

They are not severe at all, and they maybe last around 5 to 7 ish seconds each, they happen just now and again say around every 4 or so minutes. It wasnt while I was in any citys either

or with ANY ai at all on the map. It was just myself testing things from the new update etc... first in a chopper over chernarus airfield then myself as a rifleman in the same place, while flying

around and running in both parts I got a lag spike on either times playing... Like I said I never had this issue with 1.4 until now and its def not anything else ive done cause I havent done anything

at all since the last update, so im confused. I am in the middle of defraging my HD to see if it could be that, ill get back to you on that in the mean time. :)

Thanks guys

I have some other ideas for the sounds, for example is the weapon locking device a way to loud. In a real firefight is that not thing not so loud.

Btw the GMG minitripod got the vanilla sound, may you add the same sound like the mk19

Hey Jarhead,

I just want to commend you on an awesome soundmod and a relatively smooth release. I currently use 1.5 at UO and I have to say, it is fucking amazing. Changes the game completely. Just wanted to thank you for spending time on this.

If I have one complaint, and it's a minor one, is that the sounds of vehicles is pretty hard to hear compared to other sounds and soundmods (ACE_SM). But, I will look way past that with everything else it has to offer.

Good luck with future updates

Does this support UKF weapons?

They don't seem the same as BAF weapons.

Does this support UKF weapons?

They don't seem the same as BAF weapons.

No, just the BAF Weapons ;)

LJ

I think UKF default on the inheritance so you can use JSRS - it's somewhere in the UFK readme.

Noticed very low sound volume today with the USMC > AIR > MH-60S. The inside cockpit for the pilot & co pilot sounds are extremely low, can almost barely hear the helicopter, compared to the US > AIR > UH-60M. No other mods installed.

Also, hows the ACR sounds coming along?

-Cheers mate!

Just downloaded this to try it out. Awesome sounds! I tried the ACE pack with ACE and one thing I did notice is that the Su-27/Su-30 have default aircraft engine sounds. Was wondering if that was done intentionally or just something that wasn't done? Either way the sounds are great.

Noticed very low sound volume today with the USMC > AIR > MH-60S. The inside cockpit for the pilot & co pilot sounds are extremely low, can almost barely hear the helicopter, compared to the US > AIR > UH-60M. No other mods installed.

Also, hows the ACR sounds coming along?

-Cheers mate!

I believe this was discussed waaaaaaaay back. This was done because when we played coops, it was so damn difficult to hear people inside choppers without setting volumes to ear deafening levels. Decided to try lowering the insides for coop/TS3/etc play. Perhaps in time an optional config will be released where we set the volumes back to high volumes for those who want them. But not right now. Other priorities. :)

I believe this was discussed waaaaaaaay back. This was done because when we played coops, it was so damn difficult to hear people inside choppers without setting volumes to ear deafening levels. Decided to try lowering the insides for coop/TS3/etc play. Perhaps in time an optional config will be released where we set the volumes back to high volumes for those who want them. But not right now. Other priorities. :)

Well that is fully understandable, but if you compare it to the MH-60 and UH-60M, there is a difference. Is what I was trying to say. I wouldn't either want a loud noise blasting my ears in-flight while trying to listen to the gameplan or radio messages from team leaders, etc etc. Just that, there is almost zero sound on the MH-60S, where as UH-60M, is more of what you described and at a prefect volume level.

Ahhhh, got ya now! Thought you meant across all choppers in general. Didn't realize there was a bit of an inconsistency there. We'll have to take a peak.

I can confirm certain helis do have extremely low internal sounds to the point of immersion killer. Allot lower than the "lowering for online chat" low level, more on the lines of "??? something wrong here?" low level :) To the point that you accidentally switch to 3rd person view and shit yourself :)

Isn't it logical that Black Hawks are quieter than regular Hawk's because they are stealthy?

No issues my side, I use 1st person camera most of the time when in vehicles so it's not that loud as some say it is. It's not quiet either, put one of those David Clark headphones and see if you can hear a thing in real life. Pilots use aviator headsets, regular soldiers use ear cushions or ear plugs.

Edited by MAVEN

Isn't it logical that Black Hawks are quieter than regular Hawk's because they are stealthy?

No issues my side, I use 1st person camera most of the time when in vehicles so it's not that loud as some say it is. It's not quiet either, put one of those David Clark headphones and see if you can hear a thing in real life. Pilots use aviator headsets, regular soldiers use ear cushions or ear plugs.

Think you are missing the point here though.. Black hawks are the same thing as a regular hawk. Only difference is their equipment inside & the rear wheel location. Don't be confused by the "stealth" hawks that went on for Osama raid. Those were highly changed up for that mission alone, and some for SF missions before that.

But in-game, the MH-60S Seahawk for USMC, is almost no sound in cockpit compared to the UH-60M blackhawk for US Army. Which has a low sound, but still hearable, and able to hear voice comms. That's the point I was trying to raise up!

Think you are missing the point here though.. Black hawks are the same thing as a regular hawk. Only difference is their equipment inside & the rear wheel location. Don't be confused by the "stealth" hawks that went on for Osama raid. Those were highly changed up for that mission alone, and some for SF missions before that.

But in-game, the MH-60S Seahawk for USMC, is almost no sound in cockpit compared to the UH-60M blackhawk for US Army. Which has a low sound, but still hearable, and able to hear voice comms. That's the point I was trying to raise up!

Yah, we got it mate ;) Thanks.

We will have to look through a few helios to make a list of things that we could change. Most likely its a config thing so we can fix that with a really really small update ;)

As soon as I'm able to I will upload a short WIP video about the ACR stuff I created over the weekend.

LJ

Yah, we got it mate ;) Thanks.

We will have to look through a few helios to make a list of things that we could change. Most likely its a config thing so we can fix that with a really really small update ;)

As soon as I'm able to I will upload a short WIP video about the ACR stuff I created over the weekend.

LJ

Oh I wasn't trying to be a nag, it just may have sounded confusing for some people! Don't shoot the messenger :) I swear, only helping! :) <3

Fantastic news about those ACR progress! I thank you again very much for doing that and fulfilling that ticket I put it in for it, You sir, are the greatest! We are all grateful to have you & the JSRS team!

-Cheers!

Oh I wasn't trying to be a nag, it just may have sounded confusing for some people! Don't shoot the messenger :) I swear, only helping! :) <3

Fantastic news about those ACR progress! I thank you again very much for doing that and fulfilling that ticket I put it in for it, You sir, are the greatest! We are all grateful to have you & the JSRS team!

-Cheers!

Haha, don't worry, I didn't thought you were a nag or something, just saying, we got that issue listed, and I knew about it too but I kinda forgot about it before the release ;)

You are very welcome, I kinda felt in love with that DLC because of those beautiful maps and units, so I found myself in some kind of predicament here, I HAD to make some sounds for those babies ;)

LJ

Thanks for clearing that one up.

I know about the difference between regular and stealthed hawks, it was just that I thought the black hawks in A2 OA were the stealth ones because vanilla sounds between black hawks and hawks are different with the black one being dimmer and quieter than the regular MH60:confused:

Makes one think, wouldn't it be a super cool thing to have stealthed helos in A2 by default (the little birds and KA uav's do count, but they are compact rotary aircraft though)

This gave me an Idea.

Lj, maybe you could make optional MP configs, where all choppers and Tanks/APCs have low inside sound (beeing part of a Tank crew is always a PITA if you don´t lower the game volume and raise the TS one).

Something like a mini MP addon with just the configs in it that would be used in MP?

Thanks for clearing that one up.

I know about the difference between regular and stealthed hawks, it was just that I thought the black hawks in A2 OA were the stealth ones because vanilla sounds between black hawks and hawks are different with the black one being dimmer and quieter than the regular MH60:confused:

Makes one think, wouldn't it be a super cool thing to have stealthed helos in A2 by default (the little birds and KA uav's do count, but they are compact rotary aircraft though)

You do realize "stealth" helos are fisically different from the normal ones, right? I mean, really different. And that there is no media information about them?

You do realize "stealth" helos are fisically different from the normal ones, right? I mean, really different. And that there is no media information about them?

Exactly, that's why I thought the black hawks didn't have the stealth ones shape, but then again, it's now clear those haws in OA are just regular hawks except with extra equipment.

BI added Comanche in ArmA 3, a secret prototype helicopter. So it shouldn't surprise if even a stealthed hawk appeared in game.

Anyway, JSRS 1.5 rocks big time, thanks for all your effort JSRS team :)

"The two employees Martin and Ivan from Bohemia Interactive have now been released on bail in Greece."

I wish you two, Martin and Ivan all the best! For you, your families and friends! May this get over really fast so you can start to live your life's again!

I wish you all the best for the future, mates!

Thank you!

LordJarhead