What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Maybe it was asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

I got CRC error for several files. Some of them sometimes decompress well, but some (eg. distance.pbo) throws error every time.

Tried two different sources to DL from, tried Winzip, winrar, 7z, TotalCommander: issue is the same.

Please only use the givin sources on the front page of this thread! The files are normally packed with WinRAR so there is no problem in unpacking them with WinRAR again ;)

LJ

MAVEN-- I love your posts, man. That's the kind of informed postings we like to see. Certainly learned some things about radios! :)

LordJarhead: thanks for the quick reply! I downloadaed from the default source and from Armaholic. Size is 1 087 242 867 for both. I tried winrar too. Issue persists.

If it's only me, who has this problem, that'll narrow the search...

LordJarhead: thanks for the quick reply! I downloadaed from the default source and from Armaholic. Size is 1 087 242 867 for both. I tried winrar too. Issue persists.

If it's only me, who has this problem, that'll narrow the search...

Most likely. We all downloaded from the 24th Platoon Server or Armaholic. ;)

LJ

I installed it right I believe.

The files I put in

http://i45.tinypic.com/29kyzph.png (123 kB)

The Error I get.

http://i47.tinypic.com/11sp3xi.png (138 kB)

The bat file I start with.

"Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -ip=66.150.214.162 -port=2302 "-config=wasteland\server.cfg" "-profiles=wasteland" "-mod=@Arma2NET" "-mod=@CLAY_CarRadio" "-mod=@JSRS 1.5" "-mod=@JSRS_ACE" -noPause -noSound "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;" -skipintro -nosplash -cpuCount=3 -exThreads=1 -maxMem=4000

Ok, here we go finally, the video made it:

All sounds are still WIP of course ;)

LJ

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I wont add new sounds as optional content. All I can see here is whining about this really little detail. I cant even notice them when being surrounded by thousands of other sounds and all I can see here is making me to work more and more and more. Those are the sounds you get, I like them, my team likes them and I think they are good the way they are. I just CANT please everyone here, so I will focus on my own taste. And thats what I want to hear in game. Sry, but please understand this and see this whole topic from my view. I have already enough to do with ACR and other projects, projects I WANT to take care about, those radio sounds are kinda trivial to me, seriously...

LJ

It wasn't for me mate. I like the JSRS 1.5 the way it is and if you ask me, keep going this way, you guys certainly did a great job. The video is awesome, I like how scorpion sounds, oh, and all that upload is worth it as Bystrica is outright beautiful, natural colors and vegetation :p

That guy at 1:31 when you missed him stared at bullet impact effect direction and was all like "wtf, what was that? Ah nevermind *keeps on shooting* *boom headhsot*"

Yokhanan, thanks, I'm always around to help and share, that's what being a maven is all about ;)

P.S. Zapat, as I mentioned before, don't use winrar to unpack 7z files, use 7zip, it's free. .7z and 7zip, see the connection, eh?

It wasn't for me mate.

No, wasn't for you man ;) And for no one else either, its just the topic and where this is going to sometimes, no worries, no one was hurt :P

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Woooh wee! That ACR video is sexy! Loving those sound so far LJ, they are brilliant, cannot wait for them!

P.S. Zapat, as I mentioned before, don't use winrar to unpack 7z files, use 7zip, it's free. .7z and 7zip, see the connection, eh?

Sure I do, but it's .rar! :) Thats why I used winRar. I am also touched by connections. :D

Still no luck: rar repair doesn't indicate error, still the big files don't get unrared.

Sure I do, but it's .rar! :) Thats why I used winRar. I am also touched by connections. :D

Still no luck: rar repair doesn't indicate error, still the big files don't get unrared.

Lol, might be odd, but try using 7zip for rar files too, you see, winrar although native for .rar files can still mess up archives...#irony

Load CBA before JSRS! And somehow you have JSRS twice in there Oo, you can use the old JSRS stuff anymore, JSRS 1.5 only alone! And the bat seems to be totally messed up somehow.

Also you need to start the ArmaOA.exe next to the Arma2.exe. Ours is looking like this:

"C:\Users\JSRS\Desktop\Werkbank\Server\ArmA 2 CO Server\arma2oaserver.exe" -cpucount=8 -profiles=logs -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -exThreads=1 -BEPath=C:\Files\Gaming\BattleEye_Bans -ranking=logs\ranking.txt -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@AIM;@EOD;@ASTFOR_WEP;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_RU;@ACE_USNavy;@fallujah

LJ

*TWO IMAGES*

That looks like you are remoted into a server. Why are you putting JSRS on a server?

Hi! First of all, I would like to thank the J.S.R.S. Team for giving us such an awesome sound mod. It's purely eargasmic and I can say that sounds are very authentic indeed! It's perfect and I'm damn right enjoying it you know! So yeah, good job guys! Two thumbs up for all of you! My neighborhood will never be the same again! OORAH! :coop:

Anyways, I would just like to give a small feed back about the M240 MG sound on Humvee and Knighthawk though. It seems I can't hear the clicking sound whenever I fire it. But it's different case though when I am using J.S.R.S. with A.C.E. because I can hear the clicking sound very well. I had thought and tried different ways to check and see if other mods are causing it but it seems that it's really with J.S.R.S. because I also had tried running J.S.R.S. only with the CBAs. I installed the mod via Six Updater by the way.

So yeah! can you please look it up whenever you guys have the most convenient time?

Thanks in advance! More power to J.S.R.S.! :D

Hmmm... we never noticed so far. I can have a look into this when coming home from work later today.

LJ

For anyone having CRC issues: ALzip unpacked the archive, and finally I can hear this masterpiece.

I don't know which planet you are from LordJarhead, but I guess this mod with all the distance effects is as good as it gets! I am totally amazed as always: no human has ever made something like this in any videogame ever. Not even close! Thanks for the treat!

For anyone having CRC issues: ALzip unpacked the archive, and finally I can hear this masterpiece.

I don't know which planet you are from LordJarhead, but I guess this mod with all the distance effects is as good as it gets! I am totally amazed as always: no human has ever made something like this in any videogame ever. Not even close! Thanks for the treat!

Hey nice you got it working. Hope you will enjoy ;)

Thanks for the nice words btw.

LJ

Well you really created a masterpiece LJ, and you know it. I guess you won´t have problems finding a job as sound designer/developer if you wish so.

I wish I had such good skills, hey do you know if BIS is in need of someone to test their games ;)

Well you really created a masterpiece LJ, and you know it. I guess you won´t have problems finding a job as sound designer/developer if you wish so.

I wish I had such good skills, hey do you know if BIS is in need of someone to test their games ;)

LJ did a great job, he started the whole thing going, but what about other team members? Give those dudes some credit! :D

LJ did a great job, he started the whole thing going, but what about other team members? Give those dudes some credit! :D

Of course! I mean, everyone who was helping the last years did an awesome job to get this mod done. All in front Psychobastard who actually created the basic script, without that, nothing would have been possible in the first place. Robalo who was and is trying to enhance and provide help where he can! Thanks for that! Ei8ght, who was always able to find decent videos and sources ;)

And, OF COURSE!, Yokhanan (John) who was always there supporting in any possible way. When I felt kinda depressed he was the one building me up again, kept the stone rolling so to say ;)

Thanks to those guys, this all was possible, I just put my sounds into the right spot here ;)

LJ

Well of course everyone has to thank the whole team. Nobody could do such a big mod all on his own. And it was a pleasure to work with them.

Now everyone back to work :whip: , there are still open tickets on the bug/feature tracker :p

Hmmm... we never noticed so far. I can have a look into this when coming home from work later today.

LJ

Ok thanks LJ! The missing click or First Person sound on M240 Humvee and Knighthawk is only when I run J.S.R.S. without A.C.E. :)

Ok thanks LJ! The missing click or First Person sound on M240 Humvee and Knighthawk is only when I run J.S.R.S. without A.C.E. :)

Yah, most likely because the superclass was changed from normal M240 to M240_veh or something, so I'm not able to fix it, since I would have some FPS click sounds everywhere then, even inside the M1Abrams, which would be kinda strange I guess. Will take a look and might going to test something, but for now I would say there might be no really way to fix that, not sure as mentioned though.

LJ

Oh I see. Well, thank you so much Sir LJ! Godspeed! :cool:

hey guys, first thanks for the cool work you have done!

but im running into an issue. I installed jsrs 1.5 correctly, but when I want to join a server (i tryed many) with jsrs support I got the message : " You cannot play/edit this mission, it is depend on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, caweapon_ammoboxes, CAwater, cawater2_fishing_boat " , and im not able to join the server.

I did try it with the arma2 lauchncher and with shortcut parameters. But I get the same error. Does somebody know what I have to dp to get it work?

thx for any advise

hey guys, first thanks for the cool work you have done!

but im running into an issue. I installed jsrs 1.5 correctly, but when I want to join a server (i tryed many) with jsrs support I got the message : " You cannot play/edit this mission, it is depend on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus, caweapon_ammoboxes, CAwater, cawater2_fishing_boat " , and im not able to join the server.

I did try it with the arma2 lauchncher and with shortcut parameters. But I get the same error. Does somebody know what I have to dp to get it work?

thx for any advise

You dont have Arma 2 or at least dont run it when starting Operation Arrowhead. You need to run Arma 2 CO on latest version (1.62.xxxx) and have all three CBA's for JSRS.

LJ