What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Happy New Year LJ. Stay safe and thank you for your expertise. :)

Love the mod, But most say I liked the old MK19 sound from beta phase better then now, when it was more *kling* sound in it :)

Keep up the good work!

indexbn.png

My face after playing on my edited domination with jsrs woody clear dlc + latest edited sonic cracks from accn + warfx blastcore. :D

Happy new year LordJarhead and everybody else, may this new year bring us some even more awesome (is that even possible? :D) sounds!!!

Edited by Shinz

Happy new year indeed, and thanks for providing such a great sound MOD.

Keep it up

Best Regards,

TB

Jarhead, I think you should try different sounds mods, to see which is better, and to maybe improve some of the sounds.

Not saying your sounds are bad, but you might want to make it better.

^^ ungrateful bugger !

What LJH has done is awesome. I just played a mission with ACCN version and sonic cracks and it CAN'T be beaten.

I suggest YOU make a sound addon and we'll see if YOU can make it better !

Jarhead, I think you should try different sounds mods, to see which is better, and to maybe improve some of the sounds.

If you're going to criticize, which is fine, at least have a specific example so you don't sound like just some random idiot... :j:

Which is basically saying then that those sounds are less than ideal...in other words they are "bad". If you have some critiques then don't beat around the bush and come off with subtle insults without any real valuable feedback, otherwise you don't come off well and make yourself look like a jerk pissing all over someones time and hard work.

Secondly, am I reading this guys posting correct--that he wants Jarhead to check out other peoples work, find something good and improve it or...? I've re-read it a few times and that is how it's coming off to me. I certainly hope I am severely mistaken...

Anyways, there's always going to be at least "one" in the bunch. We've had a few over in our HiFi thread, Chammy had his share, etc. Offering feedback/critiques is one (and perfectly acceptable) thing, but it's a totally different thing when someone comes in basically with: "I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm also not saying it's good neither. So um yeah.....go fix it and make it good."

See how stupid it comes off as? :rolleyes:

Which is basically saying then that those sounds are less than ideal...in other words they are "bad". If you have some critiques then don't beat around the bush and come off with subtle insults without any real valuable feedback, otherwise you don't come off well and make yourself look like a jerk pissing all over someones time and hard work.

Secondly, am I reading this guys posting correct--that he wants Jarhead to check out other peoples work, find something good and improve it or...? I've re-read it a few times and that is how it's coming off to me. I certainly hope I am severely mistaken...

Anyways, there's always going to be at least "one" in the bunch. We've had a few over in our HiFi thread, Chammy had his share, etc. Offering feedback/critiques is one (and perfectly acceptable) thing, but it's a totally different thing when someone comes in basically with: "I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm also not saying it's good neither. So um yeah.....go fix it and make it good."

See how stupid it comes off as? :rolleyes:

I use the JSRS mod currently, and I find it alot better than most sound mods. When I meant 'not saying its bad', I'm saying its a great mod. What else would I say? That the mod sucks? If it sucks I wouldn't even be using this. I just thought it might be a good idea to compare with other people's work. I never pissed over his work, and I wouldn't want to, because I, am a useless fuck, who will never achieve this kind of work.

Well now everyone and probably Jarhead thinks my idea is fucking stupid, then it would be ideal for Jarhead to ignore me.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

^^ ungrateful bugger !

What LJH has done is awesome. I just played a mission with ACCN version and sonic cracks and it CAN'T be beaten.

Well I can't which is why I'm using JSRS's bloody mod.

Thank you soo much everyone ;) Hope you was coming good into this new year! Well, this year will bring us tons of new AddOns and Mods I guess, from the whole community and of corze from me. I wont stop getting you on your nerves with releasing new and new and new stuff again^^ So, prepare!!^^ Thanks so much guys! Just because of you this is worth it!

Happy new jear to all of this great community! 4 all your support an thinkings to make arma the game it really is!

Especially for you LJ - Guys like u help to give arma its full potential and immersive feeling.

never before a game gave me the chickenskin (like we say in german) when i run through a battlefield, but with your mod i have to fear the death at every second.

finally my sub got some work to do when i play arma all day ^^

your "AC" is on a good way to increase the level of immersion to a never reached level, and i am awaiting your new masterpeice with pleasure

please keep on the great work and all the best for 2011

greetings from FFM -.-

Licher888

Ha ha ha, chickenskin^^ Ich musste echt überlegen was du meinst^^ Nice one Mate and thank you so much!

^^ ungrateful bugger !

If you're going to criticize, which is fine, at least have a specific example so you don't sound like just some random idiot... :j:

See how stupid it comes off as?

I use the JSRS mod currently, and I find it alot better than most sound mods. When I meant 'not saying its bad', I'm saying its a great mod. What else would I say? That the mod sucks? If it sucks I wouldn't even be using this. I just thought it might be a good idea to compare with other people's work. I never pissed over his work, and I wouldn't want to, because I, am a useless fuck, who will never achieve this kind of work.

Well now everyone and probably Jarhead thinks my idea is fucking stupid, then it would be ideal for Jarhead to ignore me.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Well I can't which is why I'm using JSRS's bloody mod.

Ok ok ok, come down please!

@ray: I guess it was just an suggestion to look how the other SM-Modders doing several things! I do compare my mod to others sometimes, indeed! There are few where I can say; Thats nice, thats what I want to make too! For example the TR TrackedVehicle sounds. Or, some years ago, I was totally fascinated by VOP (back in the Armed Assault days).

I know what you mean with 'take a look on other mod' and I can just say: I wont! Its just because I have my way and my own style, right in my Head! If I would now take a look on other SM's, I would say: Hey, this sounds really good, maybe I can do this too..." well, its hard explain that. I mean:

I you driving your BMW 545 you say: Damn! I love this car. Never want something else, its amazing! But than comes your friend with a porsche and say: Hey, take a ride in "My" car and try it out: You say: Damn, I love this car, want this one too! But its not yours, you have to go back to your BMW and say: Damn, I hate this slow fuck^^ Hope you get the point^^

Also, always when listen to other SM's I lose my style I'm working on to keep it on several sounds. Its like you making ACCN and playing in the betaphase the WoodyClear pack. I mean, I could never bring the ACCN finish because I would loose the style and would try to bring the WoodyClear style into the ACCN...

So. I was re-reading this all now (my text here) and I know: Its totally shit what I trying to say here hahaha^^ But I hope you can understand what I trying to say anyways.

So, happy new Year, and let's be friends for now ;) ahhh, someday, someone is always around brings the wrong words to the paper. Don't worry Ray, I now you was just trying to help :)

Thanks soooooo much again guys! Have a nice start into this year before last. /2012 the world going to blow, ya know :D ha ha ha)

Jarhead!

Hello All,

I have been watching this mod grow and change and it just keeps getting better. I finally downloaded and installed it. However, I'm confused by the names of the mod folders. After extracting, I have four folders, each with a different -X, where X=E,V, VW & W.

I initially thought that the mod was a modular type, where one could pick and choose certain sounds, however, the Readme didn't explain.

By trial and error, I can run all folders except, the -W folder. I'm currently running the E, V & VW folders together.

I'm running ARMA II, OA, BAF and PMC. All are on Steam.

Could someone please explain the naming scheme for the folders and what that implies?

Thanks ahead! Currently running the E, V & VW folders, they give the game an entirely new dimension. Jarhead, you have made quite the mod here! Most excellent work!

I'm really used to play an whole mission to really test something like that, you cannot just set yourself under fire, you have to hear them when it comes, it has to go out suddenly! You shouldn't expect that it happened now. Then the effect is much greater!

Actually, you're completely right. I didn't hear the difference until I got in the middle of a real big fight. I don't know why those pops are such a beautiful sound. It's like the god of war clucking his tongue at you.

I posted that it in the first place, remember? :D

Sailindawg: Use all the folders.

JSRS-Effects

JSRS-Vehicles

JSRS-Vehicle Weapons

JSRS-Weapons

Look inside the folders and everything should be clear. Each unit in the game has its own .pbo, so if one vehicle is incompatible with OA standalone, or if you like ACE's A10 sounds too much to let them go, you can remove the JSRS version.

Edited by maturin

What Ive done is stick every thing in a @JSRS mod folder then when LJH brings out an update I just paste everything into said file and over write.

Am I doing it all wrong?

As long as the file structure goes @JSRS>Addons>all your .pbos, it should work fine.

Hello again just i have to say again i love the new small sounds and the entiry sound mod.

1) I noticed that you love to fix with the weapons and soniccracs :D But i think even it´s good to focus a little on the vehicle sound and enivroment sound.

With your knowledge i think the tanks can be..hmm more like a tank:D. Hard to explain but higher sound, more engine sound when moving the turtets and so on.

2) dunno if it´s a bug or you havent come that far but i think there is no "special sound for the m119.

3) Need a more power/explosion in the AT4 when shoting. Like this clip:

Can´t say anything about the other At weapons becuse i never used them :D

Keep up the good work :D and sorry for bad english :(

Edited by Bushidozeb

Sailindawg: Use all the folders.

JSRS-Effects

JSRS-Vehicles

JSRS-Vehicle Weapons

JSRS-Weapons

Look inside the folders and everything should be clear. Each unit in the game has its own .pbo, so if one vehicle is incompatible with OA standalone, or if you like ACE's A10 sounds too much to let them go, you can remove the JSRS version.

Thanks Maturin for the explanation, somewhat obvious, unfortunately it was lost to me! I have a conflict with the Weapons folder, not sure why. I need to look over my other mods and see where the conflict lies.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

I pasted the mod files plus updates into one main @JSRS folder. The mod loads quite nicely now. Even the weapons folder files. Loading each folder separately seems to cause more issues than it solves. Thank you Jarhead, much more immersive now! The bullets that hit closer by are much more sinister! Adds so much more to this sim!

Edited by Sailindawg

Thank you soo much everyone ;) Hope you was coming good into this new year! Well, this year will bring us tons of new AddOns and Mods I guess, from the whole community and of corze from me. I wont stop getting you on your nerves with releasing new and new and new stuff again^^ So, prepare!!^^ Thanks so much guys! Just because of you this is worth it!

Ha ha ha, chickenskin^^ Ich musste echt überlegen was du meinst^^ Nice one Mate and thank you so much!

Ok ok ok, come down please!

@ray: I guess it was just an suggestion to look how the other SM-Modders doing several things! I do compare my mod to others sometimes, indeed! There are few where I can say; Thats nice, thats what I want to make too! For example the TR TrackedVehicle sounds. Or, some years ago, I was totally fascinated by VOP (back in the Armed Assault days).

I know what you mean with 'take a look on other mod' and I can just say: I wont! Its just because I have my way and my own style, right in my Head! If I would now take a look on other SM's, I would say: Hey, this sounds really good, maybe I can do this too..." well, its hard explain that. I mean:

I you driving your BMW 545 you say: Damn! I love this car. Never want something else, its amazing! But than comes your friend with a porsche and say: Hey, take a ride in "My" car and try it out: You say: Damn, I love this car, want this one too! But its not yours, you have to go back to your BMW and say: Damn, I hate this slow fuck^^ Hope you get the point^^

Also, always when listen to other SM's I lose my style I'm working on to keep it on several sounds. Its like you making ACCN and playing in the betaphase the WoodyClear pack. I mean, I could never bring the ACCN finish because I would loose the style and would try to bring the WoodyClear style into the ACCN...

So. I was re-reading this all now (my text here) and I know: Its totally shit what I trying to say here hahaha^^ But I hope you can understand what I trying to say anyways.

So, happy new Year, and let's be friends for now ;) ahhh, someday, someone is always around brings the wrong words to the paper. Don't worry Ray, I now you was just trying to help :)

Thanks soooooo much again guys! Have a nice start into this year before last. /2012 the world going to blow, ya know :D ha ha ha)

Jarhead!

I'm glad you understand me, at least you didn't think of me as an arsehole to you. I love your soundmod, specifically the AKs. Its awesome.

Thanks Maturin for the explanation, somewhat obvious, unfortunately it was lost to me! I have a conflict with the Weapons folder, not sure why. I need to look over my other mods and see where the conflict lies.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

I pasted the mod files plus updates into one main @JSRS folder. The mod loads quite nicely now. Even the weapons folder files. Loading each folder separately seems to cause more issues than it solves. Thank you Jarhead, much more immersive now! The bullets that hit closer by are much more sinister! Adds so much more to this sim!

Has anyone got a single RAR or 7-zip archive that includes all these updates?

IIRC someone mentioned about consolidating them all a few weeks back.

If it helps, I could try and hosting it for the community...

Jarhead your soundmod is great! Sadly TR has not ported his awesome vehicle Soundmod over to OA, I´m glad to hear that you like this mod and that you want to do something similiar. (Lets be honest, the default BIS vehicle Sounds are bad)

Jarhead your soundmod is great! Sadly TR has not ported his awesome vehicle Soundmod over to OA, I´m glad to hear that you like this mod and that you want to do something similiar. (Lets be honest, the default BIS vehicle Sounds are bad)

Thanks Mate, yah Im totally agree with you!

Has anyone got a single RAR or 7-zip archive that includes all these updates?

IIRC someone mentioned about consolidating them all a few weeks back.

If it helps, I could try and hosting it for the community...

Hey, I will make the last Version 1.3 as an FULL DL so all patches are included and no patching anymore. Just give me some time and this is all done.

Jarhead

Hey, I will make the last Version 1.3 as an FULL DL so all patches are included and no patching anymore. Just give me some time and this is all done.

Jarhead

Great news. But take your time. I don't think I've seen anyone create such a wide-ranging and high-quality sound mod. Happy New Year. I wish I could send you a few drinks or even a herbal remedy ;) from the alps!

Jarhead

hey LJ thumbs up! you are doing already so much for this mod, keep it up your doing great.

and its non dependable on other mods anyway: this should be standard sounds, when i'm firing up Arma II i fire it up with Jarhead sounds! take my head phones :yay: so the naybours don't think there is a war going on above there heads :D

regards.

Jarhead

:dancehead:

So I held off on trying the ACCN dlc because I thought, "Naw, the original JSRS is just too good, who cares about newer bells and whistles..."

I just got out of my fist firefights with the ACCN replacements and all I can say is, once again LJH, you've managed to outdo yourself!

I like how you're experimenting w dlc's to add new "textures" to your already great work. Top notch! =)

Heh I thought M4 in JSRS already sounded good. But M4 sound in ACCN is an improvement - indeed there is more metal ringing to it.