What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I have some lag and performance reduce with this mod, its normal? I want to use this mod, but its almost imposible for me to record videos with fraps and JRRS :(

maybe I just need to defrag or something...

Well, I cannot record Vids via fraps too. Maybe its the mod, i don't know. But its to play, not to make Videos :D And I can play without performance reduce!

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

* NOTE: I am MrCash2009 my account got messed with so this is a new one *

Haha, I was totally asking myself, if you making every year a new acc^^

Thanks everyone ;) So much!

Jarhead

LOL yes I had family over and my small cousin decided to mess with my login info (left it all logged in while I let him use pc). But alas I think moderators will have me switched back to original account soon thankfully.

Off topic ... sorry about that :)

EDIT ... all back to normal, Im back in the past again, its not good to look back :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Hey maturin, hey Jarhead.

You should let someone with those weapons shoot at you from 50m away or so. If the snaps disappear, it's probably not a JSRS issue.

I did this test with the same result. Mk17 ammo along with its SD weapons do have a sonic crack, even after several meters (tested at 50, 100 and 150m).

The Bizon PP-19 SD did have no sonic crack right at the end of the muzzle. Tested via armory. So I think (dunno if thats true, have no tech knowledge of arma) there is no such thing as transsonic ammo. Either its SD and has no crack at all or it is supersonic and has a crack.

But, tbh, this is not my main issue.

The Mk17 SD series definitely has a crack and I'm not sure if this is right. Mayhap BIS messed this one up, didnt test it in vanilla yet.

Hope this helps. Would be great to have completely "silent" weapons ;)

Cheers and thanks again

The Bizon PP-19 SD did have no sonic crack right at the end of the muzzle.

I was talking about the non-suppressed version.

But now I will go test this with the Mk. 17 as well.

Edit: Got some contrary results.

US Army with a Mk. 17 sniper SD, 7.62x51mm SD rounds firing at an invincible player from 100m.

I could rotate the camera forward of the muzzle and hear a sonic crack.

Multiple rounds flew past my head at 100m, but no sonic cracks were heard. When I advanced to within about 40m, they came in loud and clear.

Now, you may have been mistaking some 'bulletby' sounds for sonic cracks, and in JSRS the hiss of a subsonic bullet is somewhat similar to the sound, but much softer.

Jarhead, let me take this chance to say that while those 'bulletby' sounds may work when mixed into a loud firefight, they are out of place among subsonic bullets. Best to only use them for supersonic rounds.

So apparently Mk. 17 rounds are transonic, although this may be an ACE feature.

Edited by maturin

Hey,

I'll rely on your results, then :)

Thanks for the testing and the support. *thumbs up*

Keep up the good work :)

Cheers

Hey LordJarhead,

Was wondering if you still had plans to fix the m230 error, the m240 missing sounds with the woody clear pack and maybe change a little the high pitched M1A1 & MLRS sounds when driving. (my previous post for more details)

Thanks ;)

Hey LordJarhead,

Was wondering if you still had plans to fix the m230 error, the m240 missing sounds with the woody clear pack and maybe change a little the high pitched M1A1 & MLRS sounds when driving. (my previous post for more details)

Thanks ;)

I work on this! And I was really working on my M1 and I think its a bit better now.

Gotta think about this SD stuff! Thanks guys for testing this out!

Jarhead

Hi, im mixing the folders (to short the command line)

I got the 1.2 version on a mod folder, the baf on another modfolder.Now i downloaded ACCN and the soniccracks.Are those the same? soniccracks looks from 25/12 and beta 0.2 accn is from 27/12, only need the accn?

Thanks for great sound mod.

Jap, only ACCN, there are new Soniccracks included as well as on the upcomming JSRS 1.3 FULL. 1.2 Update put into the other JSRS folder and overwrite the pbo's!! BAF You can put into the same folder too!

Jarhead

Thanks lordjarhead, i will mix all then except the soniccracks download :)

Here my 2 cents about what I've heard in the ACCN so far:

M4s sound the best here

M16s lose some punch they have in original JSRS

G36s have waaaaaaay too much reverb (especially the long echo tail after the shot) even for outdoors

SCARs do not sound as crisp as in JSRS

AKs seem to be softer

First off LordJarhead, thanks for this mod - it is a very significant improvement over the stock sounds.

Agree with metalcraze - the M4 sounds are awesome. I do think as he also points out above that the M16 is a little too weak - especially in comparison to the M4. They are in many respects the same weapon - other than the barrel length and stock. The sounds of the two should not be this dis-similar.

Anyway thanks again for this tremendous mod - it is a "must have" and really transforms the game experience for me.

looking forward to the 1 download does all then ill put it on my server.

Jap, only ACCN, there are new Soniccracks included as well as on the upcomming JSRS 1.3 FULL. 1.2 Update put into the other JSRS folder and overwrite the pbo's!! BAF You can put into the same folder too!

Jarhead

Will 1.3 have placeholder sounds for remaining vanilla weapons? (Russian HMGs, grenade, rocket, missile launchers mostly)

Well, I work on this, but there are still so much Cfg's I cannot write or bring the up to work... But I try, and when I can do make the Cfg's working, I will maybe just make sounds for everything, no "just-Placeholder" Sounds...

Jarhead

Could you use configs for other mods that already have sounds for these weapons, and then adapt the to your own files and config values?

I'm pretty sure ACE_SM has sounds for the AGS-30, SPG-9, KPVT, etc that could be used as a working base. Of course, I have no idea what exactly is involved in creating them.

There are much things involved... first I have to find them in the ACE_SM. Means I have to unpbo ACE and then search for the Cfg's. Then open theses Cfg's and search into them for the named weapons. Because, I don't think that ACE put's everything into several Cfg's, they put more weapons of a type into one config. So, I have to search in the Cfg for the Named weapon, and have to copy these entries. But after that, I don't know what to write into the "Addons-required" line because in the ACE_SM-Cfg all weapons are included, so more Addons will be required. Than I have a long list of requirements they I will not need really. You get my point?

Better is, I would start to make theses CFG's by myself from zero. Build them Up Clear as always. But thats again a lot of boring work.

Jarhead

Thanks for sharing this awesome sound mod with us, LordJarhead, the time and effort you put into your work is much appreciated. IMHO it's the best one ever made for ArmA, I've been using this since you released the first version.

Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks for sharing this awesome sound mod with us, LordJarhead, the time and effort you put into your work is much appreciated. IMHO it's the best one ever made for ArmA, I've been using this since you released the first version.

Keep up the good work. :)

Thank you Mate :yay:

Jarhead

The sonic cracks seem to be way too overdone in this mod, otherwise the best addon since CSM back in ArmA 1 days. Also doesn't seem to be much bass to heavy weapons and explosions. All criticism aside, best soundmod for ArmA II by far. :)

Oh and I've been using your mod since the War10Mod.

Just as a side note, those sonic cracks actually scare the hell out of me. Even all the way across a wide valley it's like the gun is right next to me without any earplugs. Keep in mind any combat unit has earplugs equipped pretty much at all times.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Not us Brits, we're all deaf now :p

What you say? :yay:

Turn down those cracks dude!