What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Yeah... Lets go through the damn engine. There're lots of other stuffs that I want in, but many things seems limited.

uuh..sorry mate...

As we all know it (so far), Bohemia will give up their custom engine AFTER

they give up their soul to devil... :D

Yeah... Lets go through the damn engine. There're lots of other stuffs that I want in, but many things seems limited.

Haha, another one feels the same way like me :yay: Yah, its a shame that we cannot really bring our imagination to the paper and to the community :(

But hey, we will find ways to do the best of it!

Jarhead

If anybody could offer me a 5 seconds descent incoming shell audio(wss or wav format is best), I might be able to make a shell incoming addons for you.

If anybody could offer me a 5 seconds descent incoming shell audio(wss or wav format is best), I might be able to make a shell incoming addons for you.

Yah, maybe I will find something, otherwise would it nice, if you could just do the config so I can take a look into this to understand how to do this....

But thank you so much!

Jarhead

@LordJarHead

It seems BIS didn't define a shell incoming sound, so we may tried to give a shell.wss to the "soundFly" under "shell base;

class CfgAmmo

{

class Default ;

class ShellCore ;

class ShellBase : ShellCore

{

soundHit[] = {"xxx.wss", 50, 1, 2000};

soundFly[] = {"shell.wss", 1, 1, 1000};

supersonicCrackNear[] = {"xxx.wss", 1, 1, 100};

supersonicCrackFar[] = {"xxx.wss", 1, 1, 3000};

};

};

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

@LordJarHead

It seems BIS didn't define a shell incoming sound, so we may tried to give a shell.wss to the "soundFly" under "shell base;

Hey, thanks.... I gonna try this out !

Jarhead

Jardhead, is the EGLM on the Mk. 17 lacking a launch sound or is it just really quiet? You can see from youtube videos that it is a bit noisy.

Jarhead, I running the current version of your mod and the EGLM launch sound is also missing on the Mk.16 as well as the Mk.17.

Keep up the great work!

Jardhead, is the EGLM on the Mk. 17 lacking a launch sound or is it just really quiet? You can see from youtube videos that it is a bit noisy.
Jarhead, I running the current version of your mod and the EGLM launch sound is also missing on the Mk.16 as well as the Mk.17.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks guys! I gonna check this out ;)

Jarhead

Hey Jarhead,

it seems that the MLRS has the Sound of the M1 Abrams, an Gas-Turbine.

The MLRS ist propelled by an Diesel Motor...

Greetz

Hey Jarhead,

it seems that the MLRS has the Sound of the M1 Abrams, an Gas-Turbine.

The MLRS ist propelled by an Diesel Motor...

Greetz

The Bradley has a diesel, so that sound could do the job.

Jarhead, I'd recommend that you go and shoot a lot of rounds with the M4 and M16.

Take the weapon, fire it in semi, then burst, then cycle through all your other weapons and do it again. The sound changes dramatically.

This problem seems to affect all sorts of soundmods, and I don't really understand how. There should only be one sound file for each gun, right? Maybe something has gotten into the .pbos.

I am using the ATTN or whatever sounds, but I deleted the M16 files.

Edit: The Mk. 17 as well. Auto has a completely different tone and sound than semi.

Edited by maturin

I have XM8 soundfiles in my modfolder, yet the PMC M8s have vanilla sounds. I'm guessing the configs need some compatibility with the DLC.

How up to date is your AddonSync link? Does it have the DLC added into it as well?

I'd like to use that if possible, with all the DLC (minus the beta sounds) thrown in. If you could make it happen I'd be so happy.

No the DLC is on separate download links. Check the first post in this thread.

Hi Jarhead.

I love most of your sounds. But I haven't be able to read all these 195 pages.

But...

In client rpt I get these:

Conflicting addon JSRS_C130 in 'jsrs_c130_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_c130e_c\'
Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'
Addon jsrs_m230 (entry M230) not found in the list of active addons.
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

Do you know about these?

I'm using beta 77819 and A2:CO

Yap, I know about these errors and they are fixed so far ;)

The M203 is an problem I have to fix soon, but first I will make all Vehicles and Weapons covered by this mod.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

BAD NEWS!

A fatal hard drive failure yesterday destroyed ALL my work on J.S.R.S. and therefore all the reworked files and new configs I had!

To be clear: There is nothing left anymore :( No music, videos, all personal pictures and most important: ALL J.S.R.S. Stuff is GONE! Just GONE....

Perhaps the hard drive can still be saved, but a data recovery cost me immense amounts of €! Today, after consultation with computer experts, the cost are about 1500 - 2000 €!

I do not know where should I start ...

On the hard disk files were 8 years of soundwork and more ... a database with more than 250,000 data of soundfiles and all previous work ..... all gone! There is nothing left, not even on a other hard disk or so... EVERYTHING WAS ON THIS STUPID HARD DISK....

I think I'm going puke now!

Ohh man that is fooking crap!

Can't imagine whats going through ya mind atm!:eek: