Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

fox's small projects

Fox I'm still dying for your multicam, your's is the best hands down!. even just a re-skin of the regular units.

unfortunately i wont be updating any reskins of mine, i pledge to never make a reskin again. not because theres anything wrong with how they look ... but that way i have access to MLODS and i wont be tied down to 1 or 2 models.

I finally managed to get my pants in for a go , to see if weighting was ok.

except for dismantling the model, extruding edges, removing faces... joining verts... it (the weighting) is very intact.. boots are the only thing messed up, and i think that's my fault. Bravo to synide , :). It allows me to work much faster...

Ok, enough of my rambling :

the top is just a placeholder. the ACU is going to be complete aside from armor-covered bits. I'm not entirely satisfied with the fabric texture, so it'll change probably.. same with the normals.. and so on heh :(

i might redo it for the sake of longevity, i'm not very satisfied with the modeled on pockets.

arma2oa_2010_12_01_21_37_27_58.jpg

if all goes will with this test i will move onto bdu's etc for my projects and the cia guys.

next up i'm heading over to blouse models, tucked and untucked etc.

peace

Edited by Fox '09

Glad you're going back to the 173rd. I PCS back to them in six months.

got it in game, thanks to synide

arma2oa_2010_12_04_21_06_16_64.png

arma2oa_2010_12_04_21_06_17_98.png

gona work on large seams and pockets tomorrow and then go for small stuff (like pen pockets, cuffs.. etc)

peace

Great texture and normal map, I especially like the rip stop, subtle enough to catch the eye but not overly that it looks out of place and the less powerful normal map (compared to OA's default) feels more natural to real lighting rather than black valleys on cloth.

Edited by NodUnit

That looks so damn awesome, holy crap.

He has feet, he's just wearing a new camoflauge (not perfected), currently only gloves and socks, their still working on a suit and helmet or mask that won't be bulky.

Edited by NodUnit

A sad limitation to this generation of stealth..you can blend the enivonment but you can't fool the sun :(

Only on his side. It looks fine on his arms and legs but his torso area seems to have a larger pattern then the rest.

Great work Foxy, but the camo seems to be a little big. :cool:

5234972216_a93534b6e5_b.jpg

not on the pants for sure, the torso? yes

(i know the pic isn't scaled right but still, i think it's pretty clear, no?)

nooooooooooooooo :(

Oh well. I'll have to find another way for em to look like gangsters

Edited by Fox '09

NO MORE BEARDS? This is an outrage, and OUTRAGE. Aren't beards considered a good thing in Afghanistan btw? A sign of respect etc.?

Anyway, I think the ACU looks nice! needs more wrinkles and dirt etc. I guess, but other than that, it's great.

(and you should keep the beards and say that they are 2010 and pre-2010 Specops, haha)

"But commanders now want “professional-looking†soldiers in the field – at least those who deal mostly with Afghan troops, not civilians."

Beard them up all you want.

Its looking really great in that texture picture, and I think in-game is good too.

hmm texture is looking great /the best acu ever/ , ingame looks great too - yea can try more fabric texture into normal map and sharp it :)

I think it looks great as is ingame. You really don't want to overdo the fabric texture. Maybe sharpen it just a tad if you are going to, but you could get away with not doing anything to it.

On a side note, I want to talk to you about the CIA guys a bit when I get home later tonight so hopefully you will be around.