Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

fox's small projects

Fox do you never watch movies? :D... Austin Powers... hrm hrm... :D Or maybe it is me with bad movie taste.

Anyways, dat pikture loks greit!

this..

^ This some more....

I'd say that maybe the MOLLE/PALS loops need to be slightly higher up on the armour too (especially when you add a collar). Although there do seem to be a few different versions after a quick google....

put off posting here cause i was gona post my collar but i can't find my damn model :(

anywho , I haven't put it in because i haven't found a way to properly attach it to the model. I was thinking of going 40/60 spine3/head with the weighting.. We'll see.

Today I don't have too much to show , i worked on making them dirtier and in general improving textures , accuracy, etc etc :) just tweaks for the greater good.

You're gonna have to attach that collar to the model, else it is going to take a loooong time to unfuck it to weight correctly, and you'll probably still have bits lifting off and exposing nothingness underneath.

If you can't attach it, pull a redo and sculpt it directly out of the vest or soldier's body.

it has similar topology to the arma 1 mlods so i suppose what i could do is just merge points , i don't think anyone's gona look in that area :D

thanks fo the tip

i have a hint.

arma1 soldiers wore iba's, check those sample models :rolleyes:

I know.. but my vest is differently shaped . I used that as a base for my collar though

@ Everyone besides Fox unless indicated.

1. It's not a IBA. It's our new IOTV.

2. The fitting, design, and wear of the new body armor is nothing like the IBA.

3. The collar is nothing like the IBA's. The IBA utilized a single insert that required attachments, i.e. the throat protector.

4. The only units still utilizing the IBA are REMF's, FOBits, not anyone that actually leaves the FOB/PB.

5. The current collar/neck protection portion sits totally different than that of it's older IBA cousin. Reusing the older model simply won't work here.

6. (For Fox) We rarely wore the neck portion out on mission. It's cumbersome, unwieldy, prevents freedom of movement when in contact, and considering we have to hump several K to a obj, limiting any weight is always a consideration.

@ Everyone besides Fox unless indicated.

1. It's not a IBA. It's our new IOTV.

2. The fitting, design, and wear of the new body armor is nothing like the IBA.

3. The collar is nothing like the IBA's. The IBA utilized a single insert that required attachments, i.e. the throat protector.

4. The only units still utilizing the IBA are REMF's, FOBits, not anyone that actually leaves the FOB/PB.

5. The current collar/neck protection portion sits totally different than that of it's older IBA cousin. Reusing the older model simply won't work here.

Epic failure.

This is what "everyone besides Fox unless indicated" is commenting on.

6dRXr.jpg

Hurr durr.

As said by many others, Fox your units look awesome! I personally think the Army soldiers wearing the ACU look better than the BIS units. Keep up the good work!

which brings me to this update, i have my new IOTV in game, but the textures are still very wip, much tweaking will be done. I corrected the molle collums and positions of stuff, angles etc.. will post screens of that sooner or later.

haBH9.png

haGGr.png

Looks alot better than the last one, but needs more gear like the last one! :D

The older one also seemed to give a bigger sense of...fullness. It looked more full, in a good way.

Anyways, can we get some shots of the back? That was the worst part on the old IOTV.

i suggest to add glasses and scarf on faces of units that will be car gunners for protect from sand if possible

i suggest to add glasses and scarf on faces of units that will be car gunners for protect from sand if possible

Glasses, yes. The Scarfs/shmeghs arent a bad idea either.

Would probably look really cool on a few units! :)

If I am not mistaken he is wearing glasses, but I agree I would love to see some automatic riflemen with some sort of lower face cover. I guess I could always throw a custom face on them once you release these.

maybe some iraq dudes i'll put shemags on but these guys are supposed to be for ebanks' kunar province. Balacava's maybe

maybe some iraq dudes

Those units look good!

....Maybe a mosul map in the future..

maybe some iraq dudes i'll put shemags on but these guys are supposed to be for ebanks' kunar province. Balacava's maybe

Balaclavas are what I am looking for, have had enough of all the shemahgs thrown on everything these days.

new (again) CIRAS is in , basic textures right now .. same with gear.

q8DK9.jpg

peace

edit:

some more using my favorite few frames of my favorite animation.

q8NIJ.png

q8QcS.png

Edited by Fox '09

Looking excellent, really like the vest.

Have those glasses been released? Need to get my hands on them.

Edited by drmidnight