Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

The only exceptional ego involved in Red River is Sion Lenton.

I'm tempted to get the game on release day just so I can review it in this thread and then fully document my experiences in trying to get a refund.

I'm tempted to get the game on release day just so I can review it in this thread and then fully document my experiences in trying to get a refund.

Yeah, but regardless of reasons this would mean only that CM laughs on the way to a bank and you lose.

I mean , if you'd get a refund CM will still get +1 on the sales?

:confused:

WOW! This thread is an adventure!! I think I read it for 3 hours now and it is way more entertaining than the game itself! :D

Edited by Undeceived

You aren't welcome here I'm afraid. Consider this an appreciation of your nice sig on another forum.
Linky

Obiwan-1.jpg

Nice... to see that the FPDR team have enough time on their hands to read this epic thread, too.

Nice... to see that the FPDR team have enough time on their hands to read this epic thread, too.

Nice...

Careful Ben. :D Anyway you're gonna buy it, and they know it.:D

Wow, thats fucking epic.

Banned on the cm forums for your sig on the BIS forums...

Is it me, or does the CM PR department seem like a bunch of 13 year old girls? "If you say nice things about me I'll be your fwiend, if you're mean I'll make you go away" FPDR

Nice..... one, Helios. Since you read this thread, I must say - keep cementing your company's reputation as being a bunch of assholes. ;)

Linky

[MG]http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx102/Myshaak/Obiwan-1.jpg[/img]

Speechless... Didn't I say it just one post behind?

WOW! This thread is an adventure!! I think I read it for 3 hours now and it is way more entertaining than the game itself! :D

What the f***???? :D

This is just EPIC! :D Absolutely sig-worthy!

Edited by Placebo

Wow, thats fucking epic.

Banned on the cm forums for your sig on the BIS forums...

Is it me, or does the CM PR department seem like a bunch of 13 year old girls? "If you say nice things about me I'll be your fwiend, if you're mean I'll make you go away" FPDR

Indeed, I thought that was a particularly pathetic and childish move on cm's head moderator part.

Although I don't have much of an opinion about Dragon Rising*, Red River or this whole lynching of CM even I think that's pretty low. FPDR

Here is a PR-tip for you, Helios. Do these kinds of bans in a discreet fashion and behind closed doors, other then whipping up some thing so backwards in a public space. Mainly to spare you and CM form awkwardness and being labled as douchebags of the month. It's bad for business and reputation.

*(I have tried it and from a simple gamers point of view it was mediocre. Felt alot like Delta Force, but not as much in a good way.

AI certainly looked at the point you were firing from like they did in Delta Force)

Edited by colossus

*sigh* I have no control over what they say or write.

If only i had some sort of Picard facepalm emoticon...

Wait wait wait...do i get this right? This man is supposed to code a game but isn't able to include a simple emoticon into a forum?

Oookeeey....

Although its a pretty low move from CM like the BIS moderators have pointed out here forums arent a democracy, CM like BIS are free to remove anyone they dont want part of the community, and lets face, if you attack a game and its developers (not talking about Myshaak in particular btw) in full view what can you expect?

Maybe mot a banning but it isn’t going to be positive.

Agreed, but Helios took it way too far with that.

Alas, we've been told many times to not discuss the moderation of that forum over here...

Although its a pretty low move from CM like the BIS moderators have pointed out here forums arent a democracy, CM like BIS are free to remove anyone they dont want part of the community, and lets face, if you attack a game and its developers (not talking about Myshaak in particular btw) in full view what can you expect?

Maybe mot a banning but it isn’t going to be positive.

Understandable, given the fact that they totally get fuckin OWNED.:D

Right, no democracy, I can live with that.

But the BI mods never looked at the CM forums to read BI bashing and banned people here because of that.

CM would be better off looking at people to ban in forums that their game can actually measure up to, like Terrorist Takedown. 5 years older, and looks like the exact same barren wasteland, but without the paid-for high review score.

If people were getting banned on these forums for posting about anything that could be conceived as pointing at a flaw in development, we'd have no one left.

Another reason why I like BIS, unless you start posting nonconstructive criticism in an aggressive tone, they never ban you :icon_eek:

Btw, we're not talking about how they moderate their forums, but instead we're talking about their marketing strategy :p

Edited by JdB

Another reason why I like BIS, unless you start posting nonconstructive criticism in an aggressive tone, they never ban you :icon_eek:

There's more than enough of that going around on these forums without people getting banned. Most of the recent criticism-related bans I've seen were due to the fact that the people in question were actually duplicate accounts created with the express intent of trolling.

Threads may be closed for "aggressive criticism" if it is over the top, but the situation here is in no way comparable to those other forums.

Btw, we're not talking about how they moderate their forums, but instead we're talking about their marketing strategy :p

Yes, that's right! :) Well said.

When opponent wins the arguement, the only thing left is to call him a racist, nazi lover or simply ban them forever.

WINK WINK

CM= Pathetic irrelevant gaming company

hopefully the next people to put a stake into their company will be Burger King or the like, Lenton could be a good Burger flipper, I see the force in him. :D

Myshaak got banned a while ago I guess it slipped through the cracks, otherwise it would've been my new sig that stunt was HILARIOUS

They had better do better than OFPDR...sure Arma II went a little overboard with the EXTREMELY high system requirements, but it was still the better game...the campaign...well i don't have Dragon Rising but...i know that the campaign looked better...but the Arma II campaign was better!

And you know what else is bad? that CM told ppl how awful their game was and so they wanted to retry the ofp squeal thing...(But what both companies need to realize...NO SKIRA ISLAND CONFLICT OR SAHRANI CONFLICT OR CHERNORUSSIAN CONFLICT COULD EVEN COMPARE TO THE PURE AWESOME NESS...THAT IS....OPERATION FLASH POINT...COLD WAR CRISIS!) :yay:

Operation Flash point will never Die!

Edited by Killer27

Spoken like a true Operation Flashpoint fan. :p

Arma 2's system requirements aren't extremely high so long as your computer isn't from the stone-age. Just like OFP, it's going to take a while for technology to catch up.

Edited by Zipper5

Spoken like a true Operation Flashpoint fan. :p

Arma 2's system requirements aren't extremely high so long as your computer isn't from the stone-age. Just like OFP, it's going to take a while for technology to catch up.

Well...i am 15 so when i ask my dad to buy me a brand new video card cause Arma II's requirements are too high for me...i kind of get denied :(.

Edited by Killer27

Speaking about signatures, I just happened to notice something in Big Dawg KS' signature that described ArmA2 as a box of LEGO that you can use in many ways, just like real LEGO. On the other side of the spectrum we have have the crappy Chinese knock-off, called EGO. Can't do much with it, can't mod the original design into anything else either.

Well...i am 15 so when i ask my dad to buy me a brand new video card cause Arma II's requirements are too high for me...i kind of get denied .

It's still worth a try, I think you will have a higher chance of success at 15 than I have at 25 ;)