Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

No, its about seeing if what they did remove justifies what (if they did) add.

@pufu, you can stop now, we get it.

But your money says that they are justified regardless of what they did. Don't get me wrong I'm not attacking you, this applies to everyone and not just red rivers sake but many forms of media.

In truth red river is getting off easy, could you imagine if an Arma3 came out with no advanced weapons sytems, NVG and FLIR, removed fixed wing and rotory aircraft?

Edited by NodUnit

Yeah, But to be honest, We've got to give the dev team a thumbs up for actually admitting all those things. Instead of just telling us all that BS we heard at E3 2008.

RR's getting off easy because of CM's "reputation", which I don't understand. Every game of theirs I've played has been, at best, mediocre. I guess it's the whole "last pure-British gaming company" appeal. Shame that they bring a terrible name to that title.

It also gets off easy because it panders to the modern gamer, a 13-17 year old who only plays first person shooters on their Xbox 360.

Fine, I'll give them credit for saying it. Doesn't mean I think any higher of them for removing it when they obviously have the tech and resources to do it, given the game RR's supposed to be a sequel to had most of the features. It's really quite laughable.

Yeah, thats true, Noone is going to buy a "engine limitation" excuse.

They either don't give an excuse or they just use the above one. I wish thye would just own up and go "we're not sure how to accomplish that"

@Flash Thunder.

Shhh, you're making yourself look like a idiot :p. Thats easily done though. ;)

I'm certainly not old enough. My first gaming platform was the original PlayStation, the ugly beige plastic box. :p

So first they had a game that had almost none of the features that the ancient OFP has, now they will be removing the few badly copied features that they did try to have in the first rip-off, so these features won't cause any problems in the second rip-off. And I thought CoD, BF, MoH and the like were getting dumbed down, but compared to those, this must be the first game ever that is totally void of any features other than walking forwards, backwards and sideways (although I suppose even that is just a matter of time ... ). Now can't they just do the sensible thing, and remove the rest of the files from the DVD (installer, logo, executable, sounds, buggy creditslist, rest of the data files, you know).

I'm just saying, the DVD-R would be worth more empty that with any CM title on it.

Edited by JdB

You should have played the Dizzy ones. :p

All old and classic games are exempt from discussion except for Atari's E.T.

Sadly every company at some point loses its charm eventually, if they don't stop producing first.

Of course change in leadership also has alot to do with it, take for exampe Rare, when they belonged to Nintendo they seemed to be more enthusiastic and cheery yet also had a twisted side that children wouldn't notice, then with Microsoft got ahold of them the charm slowly dissapeared.

Compare Perfect Dark to Perfect Dark Zero, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie to Nuts and Bolts..and of course Conkers Bad Fur Day to Live and Reloaded.

Edited by NodUnit

Amazing, i had a guy send so much shit like this befire Dragon Rising came out...

"I worked on the project, so it is indeed in production (or was). My point was that this project is a big mis-managed fiasco. They have been only showing canned videos and a lot of FMV which has no realistic bearing on the game. They hired a lot of people to work on the project and did everything they could to make it look like it was an attractive purchase for an outside company. Extensive marketing via Develop magazine regarding the Neon engine later renamed to EGO about how it powers all the Codemasters games. In truth that tech is a total cluster fuck as it is based on PSSG which is a internally failed piece of technology within Sony that nobody uses."

"There has been a lot of massive turnover because most people on the team see right through the mess and look for greener pastures."

"Ask for multiplayer in a large streaming environment... (they already cut streaming in MP only because it wouldn't fit).[< i recieved this in Dec08, months before CM would announce it]Make them admit it. Ask them to demonstrate tanks in action with the awesome muzzle effect and the complex interactions of weapons firing (and unfolding multistage missiles that really hit a target). Ask for a detailed AI battlefield demonstration where you see the results of enemies reacting to a player's actions. Remember this game is supposed to come out next year, so they've got to have something to show, right?"

"When streaming was cut from MP, it just means that we restrict the player to a much smaller area to fight in -- much like how Battlefield and most of MP games handle it. SP game will still have streaming."

"I guarantee that the game will fail. Either it will be canceled or it will ship and have really bad reviews and will be inferior to all the common FPS games available -- meaning the awesome feature combinations won't exist at all."

And guess what, that guy is "mostly" right:eek:

I think you could say this is turning out to be an EGO shooter.

fnarf fnarf.

@pufu, you can stop now, we get it.

Yeah, But to be honest, We've got to give the dev team a thumbs up for actually admitting all those things. Instead of just telling us all that BS we heard at E3 2008.

Why are you talking in the name of multiple people? Especially when the reply is directed towards only one person: you

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Edited by PuFu

There's an idea floating around their forums stating that if the game sells well they can create a PvP multiplayer DLC and sell it.

FPDR

The mission editor of DR was about the only thing I thought had potential in the game, so this and the other omissions in Red River will remove it from any potential purchase list of mine (I buy all newly released shooters, but have always come back to BIS once they become 'samey').

hahaha.

On other news, I saw a film called red river today and it was crap.

Howard Hawk's "Red River"??? A crap???

Jesus....

Yeah! "Transformers" rules! :rolleyes:

Howard Hawk's "Red River"??? A crap???

Jesus....

Yeah! "Transformers" rules! :rolleyes:

Let's not start debating personal taste, at least not regarding films. I know someone who liked M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village". Now those are two hours of my life that I want back, but I do not judge nor pass comment.