Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Well, of course they're going to be different. OFP to them is apparently no longer a military simulator but is the so-called "tactical first-person shooter", which in other words means a barely higher level of realism than that of a Call of Duty game. Therefore the "missions" (more like "levels", now) will be suited for that type of game.

Frankly I don't really care about how the game turns out nor will I be buying it, and I can accurately judge it because they've taken the OFP name and turned it into something it was never meant to be. It might be a decent game when it comes out, but it will not be an OFP game. It's a similar situation to what the Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six fans have had to face or, more recently, the Splinter Cell fans.

'suppose your right. Though, im going to sit and wait to see if CM get their heads back together and figure out what they're doing wrong.

As the matter of fact, they'd be lucky if the new game turns out to be a half decent game instead of the train wreck they did last time for pretending to be something they are clearly not.

Yeah, because a normal, sane person would expect the game Mass Effect: Space Jump to have nothing to do with the Mass Effect series.

Best. Argument. Ever.

Uh... yeah? At least it wasn't a straw man argument that completely misses the point.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

It's gonna be a much better game, but even further away from Flashpoint of course. I hope it will be a real hit this time, if only to see the inevitable shitstorm reaching record heights here :p

Yeah, the moment RedRiver gets gameplay footage, if it doens't look like a proper OFP game in any way, "shits gonna hit the fan" all over this forum. and others.

Yet the game score low in over 70% of user reviews:rolleyes:

Perhaps you are looking at the wrong user reviews?

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Well, of course they're going to be different. OFP to them is apparently no longer a military simulator

As far as I'm aware, OpF wasn't ever a military simulator it was an FPS/army game in which you could drive a tractor!

The military sim came later with VBS1.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Yeah, the moment RedRiver gets gameplay footage, if it doesn't look like a proper OFP game in any way, "shits gonna hit the fan" all over this forum. and others.

The "shit is going to hit the fan" whatever anything looks like. It could look like liquid dynamite and the greatest thing since sliced bread and "the shit" will still "hit the fan" here.

Edited by Baff1

As far as I'm aware, OpF wasn't ever a military simulator it was an FPS/army game in which you could drive a tractor!

The military sim came later with VBS1.

With that logic FSX isn't a flight simulator. :rolleyes:

These games have always been military simulators but one step down from the ultra-hardcore VBS versions.

The "shit is going to hit the fan" whatever anything looks like. It could look like liquid dynamite and the greatest thing since sliced bread and "the shit" will still "hit the fan" here.

Fair point, it could be better than ArmA Series at realism, it could be more immersive than all games. And BIS forums would still rage at little things.

But whats the chance of that happening? (the "its going to be the greatest thing ever" part)

Hell, I know the game isn't going to be sh*te terrible, but its not gonna reach ArmA standards by a long shot.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Oh yea, and the first OFP was more inbetween a tactical shooter and a mil-sim, unlike DR which is inbetween a tac-shooter and a FPS.

ArmA came which was then the more a military sim than anything else. Im still un-clear on what CWC was, a mil-sim or tac-shooter.

Well, Earlier today they introduced another person into the CM forums. James Nicholls, he is their Cheif Game Designer, for Red River. The one in charge of the game, Im going to see how this guy does things, before I make my mind up.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/423251-introducing-james-nicholls-chief-game-designer.html#post6384714

So far he seems alright. Saying :

Is something im hoping is a good sign.

Well, the production of DR was rebooted like 3 times or something. Possibly what the DR team came up with was a rush job. I don't think that many games come out of 'troubled development' earning upper 90s scores. The design document has to be solid, people have to know what is expected, and the leadership needs to have a clear vision that's both really good and also really doable. Maybe these 'hard working' developers will come up with something really good if they have the time, support, and leadership.

I dont think it's going to matter much what it looks like. CM would have to include free money, women, beer and back stage passes to Britney Spears, (or someone like that anyway), to win folks at this nook of t'internet.

I dont think it's going to matter much what it looks like. CM would have to include free money, women, beer and back stage passes to Britney Spears, (or someone like that anyway), to win folks at this nook of t'internet.

please such backstage pass for Sigourney Weaver 20 years back :D :D :D

please such backstage pass for Sigourney Weaver 20 years back :D :D :D

OK, but you do have to play OFPDR with her. Campaign Co-Op

Perhaps you are looking at the wrong user reviews?

Dragon rising hit the bargain bins within 2 months of release.

Most of the positive reviews are dated before release during during the target-render, fake screenshot days

Many stores gave out refunds on opened copies

nuff said..

if it doens't look like a proper OFP game in any way, "shits gonna hit the fan" all over this forum. and others.

Here and other forums except CM's because the true outspoken OFP fans are all banned.

Edited by jblackrupert

Most of the positive reviews are dated before release during during the target-render, fake screenshot days.

Complete nonsense.

No leaning confirmed. Lulz.

Sorry all, but I can confirm that leaning didn't make it in. We know you wanted it and investigated a kind of 1st person cover system that gave us leaning, but in our open landscape the system was too huge to get in to a high quality in the time we've got.

The last thing we wanted to do was put it in and it make things worse because it hampers the general combat or creates more bugs - its pretty complex to work with AI and with other players in an open world game.

No leaning confirmed. Lulz.

Is that for RR or was that DR, ill throw in a lolz regardless

Thats one of the big game breakers i noticed when playing this, no leaning... in a tac shooter!!? wierd thing is i swear ive seen ai leaning.

to laugh or to ... face palm

oh goooo

they will repack DR in new boxes

no rain, no leaning, no trees destruction, no ... this, no that

so what will it have ???

"a gun and a soldier and a map and when you push left mouse button it will shoot" ? :D

they should get a fire distinguisher in anus for such game with OFP name on box

they should get a fire extinguisher in anus for such game with OFP name on box

Foam or powder ?

so what will it have ???

Umm Mud on tyres, tape around magazines?

i was actually expecting it. DR didn't have either, and this one is on the same engine, done by the same ppl.

Also, thins like a fire selector, or lean are not on priority lists for any nowadays shooters. I am not sure if it is a console limitation due to the lack of buttons...

Anyhow, the discussion about the leaning is just that sad...

leaning is not important, but is example

cause no rain, no falling trees again

maybe again 3 team soldiers... shame that they have legal right to use holy name :(

real shame, but what BIS can do :(

leaning is not important, but is example

cause no rain, no falling trees again

maybe again 3 team soldiers... shame that they have legal right to use holy name :(

real shame, but what BIS can do :(

I use leaning all the time, it doesn't feel right just stepping out from cover...

Bis can keep doing what they do best :D

... its pretty complex to work with AI and with other players in an open world game.

I quite like that part. :p

BIS can do it better than them and with less resources. Really puts into perspective what BIS has actually accomplished. It sounds like Rainbow Six: Vegas will be more "tactical" than RR, which says quite a lot...