Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Yes, the entity limit in Dragon Rising was increased shortly after release. But I thought we are talking about entity limit in Red River...

Ah. I'm not sure. I thought they were still talking about Island War.

Ah. I'm not sure. I thought they were still talking about Island War.

Well I be damned, I thought this was about OFP1

201492_tactical_facepalm_1_vw.jpg

There are 100's of ppl here, modders/island makers/retexturers/mission makers that spend hrs/yrs releasing stuff for this community/helping the community and afaik would never place a donation link in their sig!

They do it outta love! :yay:

Well, I can understand him slightly in that regard...

... I'd never mod DR for free. ;)

I did (please dont flame me for it :butbut:) buy DR and it was the worst €40 I have ever spent. The game was totally shite. I could go on but I wont, I am even getting bored writing this...

We'd only flame you if you said that it was any good.

How about a little bit of heat lamp for paying 40 Euros?...you can get it now for a very overpriced £3.99 on Amazon now. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Codemasters really are the Simon Cowell of the games industry.

Hey, if we're lucky RR might look like this:

KnJ4mQsRxvQ

Hey, if we're lucky RR might look like this:

KnJ4mQsRxvQ

Aint ARMA2 OA already look like this?:p

P.S.I just wish there is a picture of The Stig doing facepalm, because its the only way to show how much a fail CM have made:D

Edited by 4 IN 1

Hey, if we're lucky RR might look like this

The fake screencaps and videos probably will..... and of course the suckers who bought the first one despite the warning will take the bait again..

I think Dragon Rising is a pretty good single player shooter. So good I bought it twice as a matter of fact. More fun than COD SP etc when you feel like shooting some dumb AI.

Even when just considered your usual tactical FPS, DR was still very average. Many things killed it, like the switching of fire modes (always having to reload your M203 before you can switch modes), the radial command menu locking out all other movement, the very boring campaign...

Well I be damned, I thought this was about OFP1

[imghttp://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Jrdstammer/201492_tactical_facepalm_1_vw.jpg[/img]

Looking for an excuse to use this image, were you?

I think Dragon Rising is a pretty good single player shooter. So good I bought it twice as a matter of fact. More fun than COD SP etc when you feel like shooting some dumb AI.

OH SO THAT IS WHY YOU HATE AND RAGE SO MUCH IN THIS THREAD? haha yeah I see what's your problem with BIS... too difficult games? No need to bash their games only if you can't play them or haven't got powerful enough PC other than your laptop. :D

You're also an idiot for buying that game TWICE when I just pirated it and played it in the internet along with DLCs... LOL!

Sigh.. what's the point for always debating which game is best?

BI is not monotheistic religion, you'll get the redemption even if you play CM games once in a while. ;)

like the switching of fire modes (always having to reload your M203 before you can switch modes)

Wrong. Just press the "Fire Mode" button. There's a button for selecting ammo types too, and direct selecting weapons/equipment with the number keys and F-keys!

The quick radial commands blocking movement is not so bad after you have the commands in muscle memory.

I think the campaign is more interesting than most FPS campaigns. But then, it's not like I need a fucking backstory to enjoy shooting a guy in the face.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

OH SO THAT IS WHY YOU HATE AND RAGE SO MUCH IN THIS THREAD? haha yeah I see what's your problem with BIS... too difficult games? No need to bash their games only if you can't play them or haven't got powerful enough PC other than your laptop. :D

I don't rage or hate, neither do I bash BIS, and I could probably kick your ass in any video game effortlesly, and my PC is likely more powerful than yours too.

Wrong. Just press the "Fire Mode" button. There's a button for selecting ammo types too, and direct selecting weapons/equipment with the number keys and F-keys!

Yes, then you can go through a menu and select the fire mode, which just like the radial command menu stops movement. But unlike in Arma 2, if you use the quick firemode switch, just by tapping the button once and slowly moving through them, you'll eventually be forced to wait for the M203 to reload each time you select it.

The quick radial commands blocking movement is not so bad after you have the commands in muscle memory.

Agreed but it's still an idiotic design.

I think the campaign is more interesting than most FPS campaigns. But then, it's not like I need a fucking backstory to enjoy shooting a guy in the face.

Please explain the story to me, outside of the first opening cutscene (which was also a trailer...) and the last one that has one voice over. Outside of those you have no idea how the story is progressing. With that mentality you must enjoy TimeCrisis in the arcade to the same extent you enjoy a game like GTA 4 or COD4 in their story modes.

I don't rage or hate, neither do I bash BIS, and I could probably kick your ass in any video game effortlesly, and my PC is likely more powerful than yours too.

No, but you certainly like to bait the more gullible people into getting angry at you.

Yes, then you can go through a menu and select the fire mode, which just like the radial command menu stops movement. But unlike in Arma 2, if you use the quick firemode switch, just by tapping the button once and slowly moving through them, you'll eventually be forced to wait for the M203 to reload each time you select it.

No, there's no menu or any interruption when you press the fire mode button. I'm not sure if it was added in a patch, or did I miss it earlier because I also remember having some difficulty with underslung launchers before.

No, but you certainly like to bait the more gullible people into getting angry at you.

If that were true, would it make me any different from other people in this thread from the perspective of a person who doesn't hate CM, DR and RR?

No, it wouldn't. I don't know how many people I could speak for here, but I have little respect for those who support CM after the poor ethnics and business practices they employed with DR. Fraud is one of the things that makes me very sick in my stomach, and those who turn a blind eye to it are just as much at fault for allowing them to continue with such practices.

Take away the fact that it's a game, the love or fanboyism we have for OFP. When you look at what CM did with DR, they acted like conartists. They tricked people into thinking it was an OFP game in the first place, and originally a sequel to OFP, which they knew BIS had exclusive rights to. Then they lied about features the game would have (dedicated servers printed right on the boxart). Then, after releasing a few crappy, overpriced DLC packs and patches that ended up causing hardware issues and locked out any community made modifications, they dropped support entirely for the game after what, a few months?

That. Is. Fraud.

And to turn a blind eye to that is simply naive. But hey, throw your money at them. CM replicated everything wrong with the gaming industry today with DR, and it's spreading thanks to customers who don't care.

Zipper5 just won the thread. I will carry your baby, despite being a guy.

The practically criminal business ethics of companies like CM should not be paid for, even if they make a good game. Boycot them until they change their ways to something that resembles caring about their customers and their own products.

And that's just because people go like "I'm so gonna boycot this ga-.... OHHHH! SHINY!". All talk. No action.

And that's just because people go like "I'm so gonna boycot this ga-.... OHHHH! SHINY!". All talk. No action.

You can't forget about hype.

73 pages and going. This is something. I guess CM makes shitty war games. Is there anywhere OFP DR demo available for download?

Oh please. Exaggerating how good your video game is not a crime. Everyone does it, BIS included. The PR persons can't exactly go "oh it's a piece of shit really, buyer beware" and expect to keep their job, can they? Same goes for the execs etc... they have stockholders to answer to.

That's why there's these things called reviews. If you're too dumb to not take advantage of reviews and game demos you deserve to get ripped-off.

That's why there's these things called reviews. If you're too dumb to not take advantage of reviews and game demos you deserve to get ripped-off.

Except the vast majority of main stream [read: popular] reviews are paid for by the publisher.

Games that would get utterly destroyed by "proper" reviews get 8 or 9 out of 10 and shining praise, so the buyer isnt really any better off reading them.

Those reviews where you actually get the truth are so far buried in obscure gaming culture that the people likely to read them have already experienced the games in question.