Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

So that Sion-of-a-bitch has actually turned himself in about ripping of the ArmA series? (IE This post: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/6392021-post15.html)

Those mother fuckers have absolutely no honour at all....

Huh? He said they got it wrong and Bohemia got it right. :confused:

First reasonable thing ive seen Sion admit in quite a long time.

I think he meant "ripping off".

Oh what missing one "f" can do! :p

Heh, they're both based off Operation Flashpoint, first off you were all bi*ching over it being too arcady, now its going down too much a route as ArmA ??

Bloody hell ... lol

We don't appreciate it when they trample on it's name, but we also don't appreciate it when they then start clambering at the scraps of games that have done it right. ;)

However, I don't agree that they're ripping off ArmA with that statement Sion made.

So, if RR becomes another arcade shooter, this forum is going to be blazing with the fact their ruining the OFP name. (I agree with that bit)

If it becoms a tac-shooter, like DR, the forums will be blazing over the fact they've changed nothing, and just made it worse.

If it becomes a full blown mil-sim, this forum will blaze over the fact they're "ripping off" BIS products based off OFP, which RR is meant to be based off as well.

Confused....

I had a funny conversation at work today. We talked about certain games and our trainee said that he was really into Dragon Rising. I said that I don't liked the game and that I love Armed Assault II. He said he didn't know this game. A few minutes later he said that he played a game a few days ago named ArmA II that was far more better than Dragon Rising :D And so we chuckled for minutes because he didn't notice that Armed Assault II and ArmA II are basicly the same thing but diffently named. Ironically I choosed to name it "Armed Assault II" in expectation he wouldn't know "ArmA II". It was funny I was so badly mistaken.

Well, another satisfied customer I guess :o Too bad there was no time talking about the menstruation game. Maybe next time.

Sorry for this little piece of semi-offtopic, but it clearly shows how small the world can be. Maybe the guy next door is an armaholic? Or a dragonholic?

Anyway you look at it Ben it could turn out to be a great military simulator (it obviously won't, but hypothetically) but it won't change the fact that they employed ridiculously poor ethics with DR that I and many others won't forgive, even if they make a great game. It's my moral prerogative. ;)

Was thinking about how CM's devs for RR have been on thier forums lately, and it occured to me that they are copying BI again. Or at least following BI's example of communicating in the forums. Unfortunately, a lot of it seems to be admitting that they are not putting in stuff that players want, leaning, destructable trees etc. Once again, it's a pale imitation of the people who do it right, but it's a start I suppose. Heh, of course it's not going to maigcally make RR into a cracking game. It will take a lot more than saying nights will be darker for CM to make a good "tactical" game with the stunted, (for FPS), EGO.

If it becomes a full blown mil-sim, this forum will blaze over the fact they're "ripping off" BIS products based off OFP, which RR is meant to be based off as well.

I'd imagine that "some" credit would be given if that was the case. But, really, that's about as likey as BI using Arma's beloved AI driving skills to make a Colin McCrea game.

Edited by Bascule42

Heh, they're both based off Operation Flashpoint

One was-only in name! :p

It's only bashing the new DLC policy and content of the DLC pack:

"Bohemia Interactive respect -50%" as Konjad says.

Frankly, especially with the quality of the BAF 'release trailer', I don't totally disagree with what is being said on other forums about this. I'll probably get it, but only because Bis have done proper British accents. I'm hoping they'll turn out to be less Dick Van Doyke (a la that Battlefield 2 expansion), and more Killing Floor style.

dick-van-dyke-mary-poppins.jpeg

[OFFTOPIC]I wonder what problem people have with the DLC. I mean, it's nominally priced, you get a lot of content, supposedly- would it be better if they sold it in DVD form for 15 dollars and called it an expansion or a 'faction disc'? I just don't understand the adverse reaction. Are people maybe wishing that they would release the BAF pack for free as a patch?[/OFFTOPIC]

Well, they're also saying that it's equivalent to an ArmA patch that we got for free. Someone please tell me when we ever got this much content in a patch for ArmA, let alone for free?

Well, they're also saying that it's equivalent to an ArmA patch that we got for free. Someone please tell me when we ever got this much content in a patch for ArmA, let alone for free?

I guess they are talking about the USMC reskins we got when they introduced warfare. I remember the new faction but I don't remember any context, relevance, or very much equipment with them.

Well I seem to remember that as a whole in ARMA1 we got quite a lot of free content such as (1.08) M16A4, M16A4 ACOG, M16A4 GL, M16A4 ACOG GL, AK74 PSO1, M107, KSVK, A10, Su34, motorbikes, (later on in patch 1.14 or so) WDL soldiers, marines, south sahrani (with some new roads, making the island more suited for warfare missions, which was a sweet addition to multiplayer and it certainly kept me busy for ages.

This combined with the QG expansion was bucketloads... Shame this time around 95% of the new features and content will be in the expansion and only a little will be in the patch (such as new features for engineers).

Edited by SASrecon

I wonder what problem people have with the DLC. I mean, it's nominally priced, you get a lot of content, supposedly- would it be better if they sold it in DVD form for 15 dollars and called it an expansion or a 'faction disc'? I just don't understand the adverse reaction. Are people maybe wishing that they would release the BAF pack for free as a patch?

this is just hilarious, remember in the Dragon Rising thread when CM brought out the DLC, how much Scorn, insults and bad mojo that was sent CM's way with posts such as :

BIS would never release additional content in a pay-for package, they release it as a patch, like all companies should.

and other similar rants about how BIS would never do something so utterly shameful. Here we are 12 months later and your all DEFENDING BIS for doing the exact same effen thing. worse in my Opinion, because they are making you pay for it on the PC, CM made all their DLC available to PC users for no charge.

bunch of hypocrites

this is just hilarious, remember in the Dragon Rising thread when CM brought out the DLC, how much Scorn, insults and bad mojo that was sent CM's way with posts such as :

BIS would never release additional content in a pay-for package, they release it as a patch, like all companies should.

and other similar rants about how BIS would never do something so utterly shameful. Here we are 12 months later and your all DEFENDING BIS for doing the exact same effen thing. worse in my Opinion, because they are making you pay for it on the PC, CM made all their DLC available to PC users for no charge.

bunch of hypocrites

Why are you quoting me and applying that to everyone? Are you mad? I have never said anything about not paying for any type of DLC. I'm quite flattered you think that my opinion is held by everyone in the forum, including those that disagree with it, but I think maybe you should tone down the childish argument. I think this tactic is designed by idiots for idiots and therefore shouldn't work on the majority here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1172138

Edited by Max Power

Actually, if I recall correctly, we were laughing because all they got was a few shitty new MP maps and we got Eagle Wing and the OA-intended AH-64 in a patch for free, already triple or quadruple the content. ;)

Here we are 12 months later and your all DEFENDING BIS for doing the exact same effen thing. worse in my Opinion, because they are making you pay for it on the PC, CM made all their DLC available to PC users for no charge.

bunch of hypocrites

They are releasing quality DLC. There's a huge difference in not paying for dog shit, and paying for a diamond. I'm very happy to pay for a diamond, but they can certainly keep their dog shit, it wasn't even worth the harddrive space.

Seems you're in the wrong forum anyways. Let me help you with that. :)

It is a long time since CM took the name of this old game we love, and I dont think the people in this thread are doing much good if they really want to put BI in a good light.

Long time rage is not very sympathetic and you can imagine what impression new people on the CM forums, will get of this community when looking at this thread.

Edited by sparks50

It is a long time since CM took the name of this old game we love, and I dont think the people in this thread are doing much good if they really want to put BI in a good light.

Long time rage is not very sympathetic and you can imagine what impression new people on the CM forums, will get of this community when looking at this thread.

Well, agreed that keeping a grudge for ages and ages isn't the way to go, but on the other hand A LOT of people here are very nostalgic about Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and Resistance, me included. They're our shiny memory of how it began, and many of us still play the game today because it in some regards are better than ArmA and ArmA2, and caressing our nostalgia never hurts!

It's just the same as people spitting on all new Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games since they too have raped the franchise into unrecognizeability. They might be good games, but they are sure as *beep* not anywhere close in style to the old ones.

for a paid DLC, BAF is what i call a proper DLC, which unlike "some other companys" who would repack 5-6 MP map and sell it for $6 or maybe adding a few more colour for smoke grenades and a new game that make no sense at all and call it a day

The feeling I'm getting from here is that if Dragon Rising had been called something like "Operation Dragon Rising" and the next game were to be called "Operation Red River", most people would not mind as much because it would not be "harming" the OpF reputation.

Is that correct, or is the hatred towards Dragon Rising actually just a hatred towards Codemasters for leaving BiS and trying to do it themselves, then "failing"?

As an old time R6 / OFP and GR fan, I to am not happy with the new direction of any of these titles. But nothing any of us are going to change the way things are.

Now we can except this and simple buy them, play them for what they are and have fun, or live in the past and not be apart of the present gaming world anymore. Hanging on to those old time memories, slagging other companys off just because...

Mainstream gamers want quick and fast action. Does not mean run and gun. Just games that are simple to set up, minimum patches and issues. Call of duty, I just played through several of the titles in SP again. Not 1 of those games did I even have to apply a patch to complete any of the campaigns straight from the box! Same goes for DR, this sort of thing leads me to already pre-purchase from them again. Regardless.

I own Arma / Arma2 / OA. Respect the devs for there continued support. But the current state of any of there titles on release, leaves them only desirable to that tiny niche crowd that simple accepts this. Now I have no issue with it, happy to run all the latest betas, but I know many that just cant be arsed with all the hassle.

DR was a very good game. Sure it was no real sequal to the original, but constantly acting like spoiled children that dropped your dummy makes only you look stupid in the long run. Those games from the past are not coming back how you want them. Move on, or stay in the minority.