Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I'm surprised Codemasters haven't been nicknamed Codebastards yet.

I'm surprised Codemasters haven't been nicknamed Codebastards yet.

More like Consolebastard, however I think we should stick with C and M:D

More like Consolebastard, however I think we should stick with C and M:D

ConsoleMustards? :p

Myke;1890332']ConsoleMustards? :p

CornholeMasters.

What's the latest info on this steaming POS? With Crysis 2 & DA 2 suffering from consolitis, the devs of those companies have effectively sold themselves out, let's see if it's a well enough calculated decision.

On EVERY RR video I saw, the user had to stop to issue orders, just like in DR...

That just means you didn't see enough of them. You can move while giving orders in Red River.

That just means you didn't see enough of them. You can move while giving orders in Red River.

lol, crap player then...still sucks ;)

You can move while giving orders in Red River.
video or it never happened.

First review's out for it, apparently:

Got the new issue of OXM, will try and get the scans up later, however they gave it 7/10 saying:

Pro's:

Solid, satisfying guns

Great fun played in co-op

lush lighting and huge vista's

Con's:

deeply unpleasant tone

wonky AI disappoints

Overall, 7/10, a decent co-op shooter with a filthy mouth.

.. Apparently there wasn't enough swearing in the game.

EDIT:

For those who miss it, that was sarcasm...

Edited by Ben_S

The impression those notes give me is they think the game is very average and nothing special. In other words, not too different from DR, and will probably have the same size fanbase (or smaller) this long after release.

Id say worse as the only little fun I had with DR was my own stuff in the editor....

.. Yep, And since RR has no editor ...

The rest of the sentance you can kinda get the drift of ...

gsZdbkEldxg

What makes me really sick about the whole thing is the tone of it. It takes itself a lot more serious that it should (especially if you consider what it offers)

The cherry of the cake needs to be the infinite amount of yankee bullshit - Oscar Mike and other phrases alike (no offence to our US members, but i really, really doubt anyone talks like that, for so long, in the military) aimed directly to the sort of market where each Semper Fi yelled out loud gives the joystick holder a boner... Edited by PuFu

I know the military use terms like that when up against a more formidable enemy via radio comms, but I would have thought, not against insurgents (like they do now with Taliban, which is exacly what the insurgents here are based on) and not person to person ontop of that.

I do laugh at how games like Mw2 use more 'military' terms (for lack of better wording here), and games like ArmA use very little.

I've had the impression that the reason they're marketing the game with all this US bravado in it was because of how they slagged off Medal of Honor all that time ago, claiming it was insensitive to portray real scenarios because the war is still going on right now, etc. Very much a case of them trying to be the saviors of the credibility of the gaming industry in the eyes of those soccer moms that made those complaints about MOH.

"We apologize for what that horrible Medal of Honor game did. Here, have our game. It has nothing but the greatness of the US of A slapped all over it, and the stupidity and inevitable destruction of anyone who dares stand against us!"

What would happen if a company made a game, exacly like Red River. But you were the Insurgents.

It would be alot of fun to watch the US media blow up.

What would happen if a company made a game, exacly like Red River. But you were the Insurgents.

It would be alot of fun to watch the US media blow up.

Which leads me to a question that i forgot about: can you play a coop game as insurgent, or is that a big no no?

I watched the "Taking the hit" video. I watch videos produced by the USMC for PR and recruitment regularly. None of them has ever been as "gung ho" as this video, or the rest of RR's voice acting and promo videos.

Which leads me to a question that i forgot about: can you play a coop game as insurgent, or is that a big no no?

There's been absolutely nothing mentioned nor shown relating to it, so I imagine that the only 4 people you get to play as in coop are the 4 members of the USMC fireteam.

Yep theres no playing as anything but Oscar and his buddy Michael, I mean Mike.

I love how they spell out the narrators dialogue -because honestly i just wouldnt "get it" if I just had to sit there and listen.

That trailer is utter retardation. The main thing I found laughable about it was the guy speaking in it. Who is he? Whom is he addressing? It just sounds like more "Marines always ready to strike, oorah!" bullshit. What he says has no relevance to the game itself, he's just blabbering on about "tactical experts" and "setbacks" and etc.

I watched the "Taking the hit" video. I watch videos produced by the USMC for PR and recruitment regularly. None of them has ever been as "gung ho" as this video, or the rest of RR's voice acting and promo videos.

It seems they were really pulling every single stop on how they believe a marine type should talk. I´ve got one marine in a community where I am in, and from the stories he tells, they´re much more subtle than what CM makes them out to be.

If it´s really as bad as it seems to be, I will probably be laughing all the way trough the game... if I can find someone among my friends who´d actually buy it, because as it is right now, I´d not spend a cent on this myself.

video or it never happened.

Right now I don't know which video showed it clearly, but you can see it in some parts of this one:

for example 2:22...

Of course it's easier to stop and issue commands while staying still, it's the same for OFP or ArmAs. That's why most videos show it that way.