Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

New footage video

It's an enormous improvement over Dragon Rising. If it had freelook, leaning, a realistic hardcore option instead of the magic bags of healing debacle, and a mission editor it would have been a bloody good infantry sim.

'STAGE:WAVE'?

What is this, Space Invaders?

Honestly this 'game' is wrong on so many levels. Starting with the continued and dishonest use of the Flashpoint name and moving on down.

That, and if you get a few hours playing a game. You always go away with a good feel about it. It's only once you've played it for a few days do you start to pick apart the bad parts.

So noone who's played the game will have anything bad to say, because they've not been able to play enough to determine anything yet.

By that very logic, no one has a right to say a movie sucks until they have watched it 3, 4 or 5 times. Would you agree with this?

But who needs to play the game to say bad things about it, when you see the developers are outright lieing and saying things will be in the game that are not, and support is dropped for it early on.

Not to mention REMOVING things that were in the previous (as sequels are supposed to add not subtract) why should said sequel even be given a chance.

Note how the 'patch' to re-enable modding didn't come out until long into RR development, and note how it is technicly unsupported, do you honestly think the same stunt won't be pulled with RR.

You can argue day in and day out that the game may be good because they removed some aspects and therefore can improve upon others but in the end you're only screwing yourself over and promoting the screwing of yourself over.

Edited by NodUnit

With that magic bag, the game's officially a Call of Duty clone. That's what all these videos show it to be, at least. It can be played as one and you won't be punished at all for doing so. In fact, it seems to encourage it.

Bye OFP. :(

Did that rocket just detonate right beside that guy and all he had was the shakes..

Edited by NodUnit

Did that rocket just detonate right beside that guy and all he had was the shakes..

In all fairness that's how it is in Arma 2 as well.

I see that the ACOG sight is a 1x glass reticule with a zoomed overall fov like in Call of Duty.

All the texturing and colouring choices make it look so cartoonish, the weathering effects on the vehicles and weapons are so overdone they are just ridiculous.

In all fairness that's how it is in Arma 2 as well.

I see that the ACOG sight is a 1x glass reticule with a zoomed overall fov like in Call of Duty.

Yup you're right, I guess game rockets are mix of fragmentation and AT, strange stuff.

At least scopes & lush green trees don't bring down FPS... but I wouldn't expect that from cod-clone anyway.

If we remove the normal maps from tree's and other fancy shaders then there would probably be an frame rate increase..but that is for a different thread.

With that magic bag, the game's officially a Call of Duty clone.

It's puzzling why they decided to include the shitastic magic bag and it's pathetic animation, a complete moron could have foreseen that it was going to meet a wave of condemnation.

It might have been a half-decent game if those buffoons at Codemasters created a proper hardcore mode. Imbeciles.

1:34 - Awesome cone of fire.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that the interview was a clever parody.

I think they have a nice lighting, skybox, viewdistance, very fluid fps... and they nailed arrowhead buildings almost perfectly...

I like the way the AI soldier does a little transitional stutter step to better orient in the crouched position at 2:27. Nice touch.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/01/operation-flashpoint-red-river-impressions/#more-52730

Rock Paper Shotgun interviewed Sion

Do you feel Red River’s identity might have gotten a bit tangled up in the name of Operation Flashpoint, at some point? Do you feel it’s a little misleading?

“I don’t at all. I’m proud to have that name, that brand, and it’s got a great heritage. But it’s Codemasters’ IP, it’s our franchise, and it’s ours to do with what we will, and we want to blow it wide open. I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t make an Operation Flashpoint RTS game.

“The way we look at it from a brand point of view is that we have what we call the core DNA of Flashpoint, which is things like authenticity, global superpowers, tanks and choppers- we’re not CoD, you know? We have more open levels, we give the player choices- that’s the core DNA of Flashpoint. I hate using the word reboot, but it’s kind of what we did from Colin McRae to DIRT, or from ToCA Race Driver to GRID. You’ve got to try something new. I can’t stand stagnation. You’ve got to just keep changing stuff.

“You know, if people want to say ‘Ohh… but… bring back Flashpoint’, I’ll tell you- there are other games out there, made by the original developer, that do it! It’s like- play that game! No-one’s putting a gun to your head and making you play this game. Knock yourselves out!â€

I died a little inside when he almost called it a reboot...

Codemasters, into the fiery pits of hell I cast thee.

’ll tell you- there are other games out there, made by the original developer, that do it! It’s like- play that game! No-one’s putting a gun to your head and making you play this game. Knock yourselves out!â€

Something about the way this is written tells me that Codemasters know that they suck and they are very angry and jealous of BIS :smile:

They should just stick to making driving games...

I’ll tell you- there are other games out there, made by the original developer, that do it! It’s like- play that game! No-one’s putting a gun to your head and making you play this game. Knock yourselves out!â€
But it’s Codemasters’ IP, it’s our franchise

Thanks, I will continue to play that other game, born of the IP 'Codemaster's own' LOL.

Delusional is right and as for RR competing with CoD, good luck with that. I'm sure it will be in the bargain section of Steam within a few months, just like it's shitty predecessor.

That's the problem with this 'franchise', it can't compete with Arma in the realism department and it can't compete with any of the big budget 'fluff' shooters like CoD so it's an instant fail every time.

Edited by BangTail

Well the PC footage looks good but the console footage looks like ass.

whats still apparent

Overdone Post Processing HDR lighting

overdone tracer effects

overdone dispersion shield to give the player a false sense of accomplishment, (surviving while being in the wide open) Sion lenton.

Honestly, I know a lot of casual gamers, some bought DR, but a lot of them don't even know there is sequel - RR.

Having said that, a huge amount of their purchases came from OFP veterans. I don't think they are going to buy this game again, so there goes a significant amount of money. Since the COD clone FPS market is so saturated at this point, I think consumers are going to be a little more picky about what they buy. That's why I think RR and Homefront will be total flops.

Edited by Hans Ludwig