Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

ArmA II: The Vehicles

Yus I agree the quality of Arma2's vehicles is excellent especially the tires on the MTVR.

Comparing the BRDM-2 to the Vodnik you can really see just how much they learned through the process and I was surprised to see the bushmaster on their LAV actually have the indentions like the real cannon.

Also yay had to re-register because my old sign in for some reason didn't work..ah just as well, I had that warning block for several years (I blame you Franze.)

You might want to read this or this.

You might want to read this or this.

Thanks for that, though I think I'll just keep this new name, the only difference was my old one has an X at the front and back, so if anyone wants to PM me the name is pretty much the same :computer:

EDIT: I wouldn't say the Harrier was sloppy so much as the earliest in getting familiar with the enhanced tools and high poly models. The Harrier was afterall one of the very first units shown in Arma (and perspective can be a major P.I.T.A) though I do find myself curious at what masterpiece BIS could make after their A-10, that thing was just gorgeous all around.

Edited by NodUnit

Regarding the model of the Harrier. Please check the following comparison, both AV-8B Harrier II Plus (photo mirrored to match screenshot):

harrier.jpg

Yes BIS got the basic characteristics of the Harrier II Plus right, it's simply a sloppy 3d model.

Hi, i will really want to know why BIS has made this in this way and if they gonna

fix it ('em all) to have the same shape and chars than the real ones?:

arma2_vmv5.jpg

Compare that one with the real one in this link down here:

- spanish Marine Infantry M-1026 HMMWV.

fix that model please. Let's C ya

I actually lol'd at vent grill comment. But to be fair, I think it's there for looks.

Confirmed & Suspected Vehicles:

= 2S6M Tunguska

= M270 MLRS

= AAV P7A1

= BMP-2 CDF

= BMP-2 ChDKZ

= BMP-2 (Ambulance) CDF

= BMP-2 (Ambulance) ChDKZ - Suspected

= BMP-2 (HQ) CDF

= BMP-2 (HQ) ChDKZ - Suspected

= BMP-3

= BMP-3 (MHQ) - Suspected [by Jakerod]

= M1A2 TUSK

= M1A1

= T-34 (Not A Joke)

= T-72 CDF

= T-72 ChDKZ

= T-90

= ZSU-23 Shilka CDF

= ZSU-23 Shilka ChDKZ

= BRDM-2 CDF

= BRDM-2 ChDKZ

= BTR-90

= BTR-90 (MHQ) - Suspected

= Vodnik (HMG)

= BM-21 Grad CDF

= BM-21 Grad ChDKZ

= HMMWV

= HMMWV (Avenger)

= HMMWV (M240)

= HMMWV (M2 .50cal)

= HMMWV (Mk-19) - Suspected [by Mbot]

= HMMWV (TOW) - Suspected [by Mbot]

= Utility Truck (Transport)

= Utility Truck (Ammo)

= Utility Truck (Repair)

= Utility Truck (Refuel) [Spotted By Badlymad]

= LAV-25

= LAV-25 (HQ)

= MTVR

= Offroad (DShKM)

= Offroad (SPG-9) [Spotted By Mbot]

= UAZ CDF

= UAZ ChDKZ

= UAZ (Open) CDF - Suspected

= UAZ (Open) ChDKZ - Suspected

= UAZ (DShKM) CDF

= UAZ (DShKM) ChDKZ - Suspected

= UAZ (SPG-9) CDF

= UAZ (SPG-9) ChDKZ - Suspected

= Ural CDF

= Ural ChDKZ - Suspected

= Ural (Open) CDF

= Ural (Open) ChDKZ - Suspected

= Ural (Ammo) CDF

= Ural (Ammo) ChDKZ - Suspected

= Ural (Refuel) CDF

= Ural (Refuel) ChDKZ - Suspected

= Ural (Repair) CDF

= Ural (Repair) ChDKZ - Suspected

= Ural (ZU-23) CDF

= Ural (ZU-23) ChDKZ

= AH-1Z

= Ka-52 (Camo)

= Ka-52 (Black)

= MH-60S

= Mi-8MTV-3

= Mi-8 (MG) - Suspected

= Mi-17 CDF

= Mi-17 ChDKZ

= Mi-17 Civilian [Spotted by Jakerod]

= Mi-24D

= Mi-24P

= Mi-24V

= UH-1Y

= UH-1Y Gunship

= A-10

= AV-8B (Fighter)

= AV-8B (LGB)

= C-130J

= F-35B

= MQ-9

= MV-22

= Pchela-1T

= Su-34 (Fighter)

= Su-34 (Bomber) - Suspected

= Su-25 CDF

= AN-2 - Suspected [by Badlymad]

= Car (White)

= Car (Blue)

= Car (Green)

= Car (Red)

= VW Golf

= Zhigulis (White)

= Zhigulis (Red)

= Bus

= Police Car

= Ural Civilian Truck

= Ural Civilian Truck (Different Color) - Suspected

= V3S

= Tractor

= Datsun

= Hilux

= Hatchback - Suspected [by Badlymad]

= Mountain Bike

= Motor Bike

= Fishing Boat

= PBX

= CRRC - Suspected

= RHIB (2 Turrets)

= RHIB (1 Turret) - Suspected

= Private Small Boat (Blue)

= Private Small Boat (Red)

= LHD (with Crew)

= LHD Cargo Mover

= Destroyer (Unknown Model) - Suspected

= Frigate (Unknown Model) - Suspected

Got any that you think may be there, Add them to the list.

Edited by Big-Rooney
Update of Information

Hi, i will really want to know why BIS has made this in this way and if they gonna

fix it ('em all) to have the same shape and chars than the real ones?:

Compare that one with the real one in this link down here:

- spanish Marine Infantry M-1026 HMMWV.

fix that model please. Let's C ya

Well the first thing that dosn't make any sense with your post is why are you useing a Spanish HMMWV picture to prove your point, and not a picture of an actual USMC HMMWV? Im no expert on military equipment, but even the same equipment can very from country to country... so if your going to be so persistent that BIS fix their USMC HMMWV, then actually use a reference picture of a USMC version.

As for your actual complaints... I think part of the problem is the BIS HMMWV model is at least sorta suppose to be an up-armored version. The Up-armored version has the vent grill on the back, and does not seem to have the side exhaust (at least none that I could find). I will give you the slice on the snorkel... that one dosn't seem to make a whole ton of sense. Either way tho, these are very minor complaints that almost no ones going to notice/care about. It is just a game afterall, as long as the HMMWV looks like a HMMWV, is it really that big of an issue if a couple details are off?

To add to that list above: I would think that the AAV P7 would have a command version since West needs one for Warfare. The AAV does have a real command version so that is why I am suspecting it. Also I believe there was a BMP-3 command version in the Russian Armed Forces video.

The hatchback sedan from ArmA 1 should be added to the vehicles list, since it was shown in the civilian faction video, along with a cargo and repair variant of the Kamaz (or Zamak for copyright reasons). As for the suspected vehicles, there was a picture of an AN-2 'Colt' in one of the early previews.

Early aircraft preview:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=usergal&s=viewfol&fl=1&fid=141&tag=&fp=2

Edited by badlymad

I'm surprised no one else has picked this specific part out yet (this is An-225), but re-read the part on the RHIB:

"...fully transportable by C-130 Hercules..."

I sure hope so. ;)

EDIT: I see it was already mentioned in the press coverage thread. My mistake, but this is still a big deal.

Edited by CH-46

I hope we have the ability to load supplies into the supply trucks. Then we can load the supply trucks into the C-130. I am dreaming.......right:butbut:

Got any that you think may be there, Add them to the list.

-Offroad (SPG-9) [NAPA faction page]

-HMMWV (Mk-19) [suspected]

-HMMWV (TOW) [suspected]

-Mi-17 [CDF/ChDKZ faction page]

Hi, well Dwarden, i've used a picture of the spanish Marine Infantry because we

bought those HMMWVs to the USMC, they are the same ones, they're the USMC

HMMWVs; the ones that you've shown, are army HMMWVs, not USMC ones.

And that was the bigger picture that i've found of a USMC HMMWV, where you

can see clearly where the side exhaust goes, how the hood snorkel looks like

and how they don't have those vents the back side. The BIS HMMWV for the

ArmA2 it's a weird mix between a USMC HMMWV and an army one (those vents

in the rear side.

Fix that to get a USMC HMMWV will take like 20mins having all the needed things,

textures, UV maps and the model. I hope that they fix that before the release and

not in a future patch; from my point of view it's a shame and i don't know why

or how they can do that. Let's C ya

3226_81968341016_72200346016_2126280_1301495_n.jpg

BM-21 Grad in ChDKZ camo. From the facebook page.

That not going to happen. So far as the fix for the HMMWV. The product has already been packed & ship for the store selves. But hopefully BIS will upgrade a lot of items. Per say the F-35B. From the Portotype model. To the production model. Also. I would like to see BIS complete the USMC Vehicle line up with the CH-53E or K. And the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. But I see alot of Mod makein in the Future. Some good. Some bad. Some horrors.

That not going to happen. So far as the fix for the HMMWV. The product has already been packed & ship for the store selves. But hopefully BIS will upgrade a lot of items. Per say the F-35B. From the Portotype model. To the production model. Also. I would like to see BIS complete the USMC Vehicle line up with the CH-53E or K. And the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. But I see alot of Mod makein in the Future. Some good. Some bad. Some horrors.

Wait, what?:eek:

The product has already been packed & ship for the store selves

Whaaaaat? You're kidding, right?

Think about it. If the product is to be in stores in May 2009 (North American market). They would had to finish the product. And ship it three to four weeks before. That minds the cd/dvd has been dyed (stamped). And packaged.

Think about it. If the product is to be in stores in May 2009 (North American market). They would had to finish the product. And ship it three to four weeks before. That minds the cd/dvd has been dyed (stamped). And packaged.

who said it was going to released in May?

All of the info points to May. Are even June. But still to dye the CD's/DVD's when finish and ship it that's time. Unless BIS is shipping the product by air. Than yeah. You can wait until the last min. But it's cheaper by shipping it by Sea. That if it don't get high jacked by Pirates.

All of the info points to May. Are even June. But still to dye the CD's/DVD's when finish and ship it that's time. Unless BIS is shipping the product by air. Than yeah. You can wait until the last min. But it's cheaper by shipping it by Sea. That if it don't get high jacked by Pirates.

Tho, i don't think so. Last footage is still from Alpha version...

Off topic - The game hasn't even gone gold, and they don't have a North American publisher yet. They just hired a part time particle effects programmer to do explosions, so I don't expect this game to come out anytime soon.

On Topic - Are these all the ground vehicles that BLUFOR get? Not even a vulcan? Glad to see the MLRS though.