Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

ArmA II: The Vehicles

USMC relationship with other services: .... impacts to the United States.

Thanks for copying and pasting a bunch of information I was already aware of. Nowhere in all that text did it say the USMC was part of the US Navy.

------------------

Speaking of the KC-130J, it's doubtful, but I wonder if this will be implemented in the game.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/04/marine_gunship_042308w/

Thanks for copying and pasting a bunch of information I was already aware of. Nowhere in all that text did it say the USMC was part of the US Navy.

------------------

Speaking of the KC-130J, it's doubtful, but I wonder if this will be implemented in the game.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/04/marine_gunship_042308w/

Dear JK07. I never said that the USMC was a part of th Navy. That was another member. I post the info for those who do not know. That's what we are here for. To teach. To learn.

Honestly I don't understand this "thing 3cm closer there or not mil spec and fail" attitude. We all know these tanks/planes/helicopters will not act anything close to the real thing, so why is the visual appearance so life-or-death important beyond the "cool factor"?

I can partly understand the need for the right things to come from the correct branch, for history purposes, but beyond that, a visual detail is only that, visual.

Edited by sparks50

Dear Mavericko. The Air Force do not have STOL F-35B's. The UAMC is the only US brench of the military that have them. So you are stating misinfomation.

The British Royal Air Force and Royal Navy plan to use this variant to replace their Harrier GR7/GR9s. The United States Marine Corps intends to purchase 340 F-35Bs to replace all current inventories of the F/A-18 Hornet, AV-8B Harrier II and possibly the EA-6B Prowler in the fighter, attack, and electronic warfare roles.

My point exactly: They INTEND to purchase the F-35B, they have not done so yet

My point exactly: They INTEND to purchase the F-35B, they have not done so yet

I hate repeating myself. Even doe I do it for a living. The DOD has moved the production date of the F-35B up. The DOD has cut the F-22, EF-18, and other programs. But the Marines have been pushed forward. If you not counting the new Marine One replacement. Even the EFV has been pushed. Christmas has come to the Corps early. And I'm like it.

P.S. Please. Do not ever take my info and try to twist it to make your point. Western Religions already have that down pat. Put all. Are nothing.

Edited by ScorpionGuard

I hate repeating my. Even doe I do it for a living. The DOD has moved the production date of the F-35B up. The DOD has cut the F-22, EF-18, and other programs. But the Marines have been pushed forward. If you not counting the new Marine One replacement. Even the EFV has been pushed. Christmas has come to the Corps early. And I'm like it.

P.S. Please. Do not ever take my info and try to twist it to make your point. Western Religions already have that down pat. Put all. Are nothing.

This is a bit offtopic....but your grammar is really hard to understand at some points.

The British Navy and RAF have already bought 3 F-35's, plan to use them on the new 'Queen Elizabeth' Class Aircraft carriers, but they plan to buy 138 of them to replace the ageing Harriers.

USMC haven't any...yet.

I hate repeating myself. Even doe I do it for a living. The DOD has moved the production date of the F-35B up. The DOD has cut the F-22, EF-18, and other programs. But the Marines have been pushed forward. If you not counting the new Marine One replacement. Even the EFV has been pushed. Christmas has come to the Corps early. And I'm like it.

My apologies - I have to be honest - did not read your ENTIRE post - was in a hurry when I did it so I did not get all the info.

Hi

It's a UH1-Y

Yeah, my bad; i was meaning the AH-1Z, i miss it's HUD very much in the ArmA. About the

rest of the ArmA2 vehicles... if they gonna make us swallow "that thing" as a HMMWV... then

they could add (again) those damn Camels and tell us that they are part of the USMC Air

Recon wing, or some WW-I tank and tell us that's the "modernization" of the AAV5.

If they gonna add that thing as a HMMWV... they can add whatever they want. Let's C ya

My apologies - I have to be honest - did not read your ENTIRE post - was in a hurry when I did it so I did not get all the info.

That's OK. We must get back on topic now.

I would like to open the floor about the EFV.

Also. If OFP - ArmA is based upon squad level tactic's. Why did BIS chose the M252 81mm mortar at the Battalion Level? But not the M224 60mm mortar at the Company Level .The Company Commander would be the first to be called for Indirect Fire at close range. Than the Battalion would come in to play for heavier Indirect Fire Support. I mean. If we are to play by the rules.

Hi

Yeah, my bad; i was meaning the AH-1Z, i miss it's HUD very much in the ArmA. About the

rest of the ArmA2 vehicles... if they gonna make us swallow "that thing" as a HMMWV... then

they could add (again) those damn Camels and tell us that they are part of the USMC Air

Recon wing, or some WW-I tank and tell us that's the "modernization" of the AAV5.

If they gonna add that thing as a HMMWV... they can add whatever they want. Let's C ya

Well I do not know about that one - all I can say is in an old video you could see in a UH-1Y a HUD On/off button in the action menu and when you turned it on/off you "put it aside"

As far as I can see, thats a USMC Herky bird. It has the three shade ghost grey that the KC-130 has..

Well it says its a C-130J "Quote: The C-130J “Super Hercules“ is an American tactical airlifter."

Knighthawk issue:

Heres the official statement on the ArmA II Site. "Quote: The Knighthawk is the US Army’s front-line utility helicopter used for transport roles, medical evacuation and even air support."

The Navy helicopter that is used by the USMC and that's the US Army's Front-line utility helicopter as-well. Talk about multi-role helicopters. BI you wanna fix that.

they may come with a hybrid "thing" like their fictional conception of HMMWV or their other

innacurate vehicle models;

Just to speculate Wipman, What are the other inaccurate models that you speak of.

I would like to open the floor about the EFV.

Yeah, If the DOD has indeed pushing the production date of the of the EFV up, then it should be placed in the game. The F-35B has not entered production and yet we have them in the ArmA II vehicles.

What vehicle is that?, looks like the airport "plane-pusher", maybe for the C-130 plane?

Looks like a ammo or similar carrier for the LHD crew.

Edited by Big-Rooney

Yeah, If the DOD has indeed pushing the production date of the of the EFV up, then it should be placed in the game. The F-35B has not entered production and yet we have them in the ArmA II vehicles.

If one were to create a fictional story that is set in the future, surely it would be plausible that, based on information available at the time, one could surmise that an F35B would be available in the story. I guess they can take artistic license as the reason for their choices.

Spetz, thats simply a military airtug. I believe it can carry ornance on a trailer, or pull aircraft across deck.

I was annoyed that in ArmA the AH-1Z had no airspeed indicator or altimeter. I want my measurements in knots and feet thanks, not kilometres and meters! I sure hope you can turn off the speed and height reference in the top left hand corner this time. I also hope that the cockpits are legible this time.

As has been stated above, the F-35B is USMC.

Big Rooney, it says C-130J, but its wearing the three-tone grey that KC-130s use. Therefore: fictional USMC C-130J.

Spetz, thats simply a military airtug. I believe it can carry ornance on a trailer, or pull aircraft across deck.

Does that mean Tow able Vehicles :eek:

I'm sure it must be like an ammo, fuel, and repair truck, all in one, for gameplay sake (you don't have to carry missiles and such from the storage to the plane) but you have to move the little fellow to the thing you want to repair/refuel/rearm, for realism sake.

Also we don't have a magic LHD.

would be nice to have an vehicle to carry/pull planes or vehicles without gasoline.

would be nice to have an vehicle to carry/pull planes or vehicles without gasoline.
Aircraft tug drag racing! :D

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-1153_arma2-2009-04-previewversiongameplay_015.jpg

looks like a destroyer or something in the background, nice to see the LHA wont be alone. hopefully we will be able to use the gun or at least use the cruise missles as a support option.

That would be pretty cool, but I doubt it will happen. BIS prides itself on realism, but having 90 TLAMs and being able to launch one every 10 seconds or so would be pretty unfair.

Edited by JK07

Having 90 TLAMs and being able to launch one every 10 seconds or so would be a unfair.

Well, war isn't fair. :D

I haven't seen any grenades & explosives for ArmA 2. Has anyone ease noticed. Are just me. Why didn't BIS add these items to the weapons list:confused: