Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Got to say it's a great addon.

But as Kremator says a simple mission as an example would be great.

I remember seeing you say you were doing various F-16 camo schemes.

Now I was wondering if you've thought about doing an Takistani one.

I think it would be too out of place, the Eqyptians operate them aswell as other countries in that region.

Made a little artists impression:

f16atkafdrawing.th.png

Just a thought ;)

@Pwnage_51 & Kremator

sadly the default BIS planes aren't compatible with the Missilebox. For further information about the "why" please take a look into the Proxy tutorial i wrote. For the JDAM i made a BIS compatible version so i can give you at least something to play with.

Besides that, the F-16 already can make use of all weapons from the Missilebox. To apply other weapons i published a script which can handle this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1844534&postcount=390

Also actually i'm working closely with [APS]Gnat as his upcoming Tu22M3 uses the Missilebox aswell and also wld427 already stated interest to make the PRACS plane use the Missilebox.

I hope i can make a replacement for the BIS planes but as already stated several times, don't hold breath on it.

Actually i'm working on a update which gives Su-34 and Su-39 loaded with KAB-500SE (which is the russian equivalent to the GBU-53 JDAM) on the russian side.

@Lennard

The F-16 will be released together with PS templates to create own camo schemes and tailmarks. I tried once to make a camo scheme and failed horribly. But i'm sure if you ask eddyD nicely, he would create one for you. ;)

Cool Myke. A plugin replacement that requires only a little thought by noobs like me would be great.

Can we get a better description of that script you posted please? It says things like "blah" and "thisScript.sqf". Do those need to be replaced by something else? Does all the "_x" need to be replaced by something else?

Basically, can you go into detail and explain the script you posted as if I had no experience at this what so ever?

Thanks.

Myke;1846794']

Besides that' date=' the F-16 already can make use of all weapons from the Missilebox. To apply other weapons i published a script which can handle this: [url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1844534&postcount=390[/url]

Can the currently released version of the F-16 display the GPS/INS useraction upon loading JSOW/JDAM from the updated weapon pack then, or would it require a new/updated config (i.e using the sample in the readme) or script loaded at initialisation?

Either way, I've had massive amounts of fun dropping JDAMs and JSOWs from the enhanced BIS Harrier and Thunderbolt. It adds a great new dynamic to CAS.

I have noticed a bug where the GBU-24 appears to have no textures on the launched model (the one with the fins extended is white).

Can I also ask how long the AIM-7 model is in O2? It seems a bit long. IIRC they're about the same length as the AIM-120 IRL (~3.7m depending on version).

@Pwnage_51

will do, expect a better documented script within this week

@da12thmonkey

it doesn't need a updated config, addAction command can server aswell. Will prepare a "how-to" also during this week.

GBU-24 bug: noted, verified and confirmed. ;) Will be fixed in the next update which also will include some new features. Expect this update this week.

And the AIM-7 is the "E" version which is 4.66m long. The "A" and "B" versions have almost same length like AIM-120. 3.74m/3.85m for the AIM-7A/B, 3.66m for the AIM-120.

Vary nice update on the Missles. For the scripts of getting different loads for the missles could you make an script like Franze F/A-18E/F Super Hornets Advanced arming system? Load outs for the plain is all in the action menu at start. You could go to an ammo truck also on the map to change the load out after selecting. It was an really nice addon for the F/A-18s and would be very nice to have for the F-16s with your missle boxs. Keep the good work going.

Vary nice update on the Missles. For the scripts of getting different loads for the missles could you make an script like Franze F/A-18E/F Super Hornets Advanced arming system? Load outs for the plain is all in the action menu at start. You could go to an ammo truck also on the map to change the load out after selecting. It was an really nice addon for the F/A-18s and would be very nice to have for the F-16s with your missle boxs. Keep the good work going.

Is planned. Search the Forums for IAWS. Actually started to learn doin GUI so the final goal is to be able to fully customize the loadout.

Myke;1847058']Is planned. Search the Forums for IAWS. Actually started to learn doin GUI so the final goal is to be able to fully customize the loadout.

Thats good to hear, cant wait to have this for the F-16s. Keeps that good work up.

Yes, GPS/INS is awesome.

Thanks to Myke's help, WIP;

Anti-Ship - Kh22 (Uses GPS/INS)

Tu22m3_9.jpg

Precision Attack - KAB1500, 500, 250

Tu22m3_A.jpg

Precision Strike - Kh15 & Kh31 (Uses GPS/INS)

Tu22m3_B.jpg

Area Attack - FAB500, 250

Tu22m3_C.jpg

BTW Myke, just remembered, would be nice if you can fold the bottom fin of the Kh22 proxy.

Cheers.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

@[APS]Gnat

looks lovely.

About the Kh-22: i will talk to my engineers if they can make it foldable in a reasonable time but i think it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

FYI: in the upcoming update (finished, needs testing though) will be a GPS/INS guided version of the KAB-500SE.

I'm sorry to bother you with a doublepost but....

Missilebox update V3.1

Changelog 3.0 -> 3.1:

[added] Autopilot added to GPS/INS MFD ("EBL A/P")

[added] KAB-500SE GPS/INS guided bomb (equivalent to GBU-53 JDAM)

[added] Su-34 and Su-39 with 4 KAB-500SE GPS/INS guided bombs

[fixed] Kh-22, Kh-31 and Kh-15 weren't able to lock on GPS/INS (fix for Gnat's Tu-22M3)

[improved] Kh-22 proxy has now folded bottomwing

[fixed] raised lock range for included A-10 and AV-8B

[fixed] AV-8B, Su-39 and Su-34 were missing countermeasures

[improved] AGM-154 JSOW was too fast

[included] GBU-43/B MOAB included into Missilebox

[added] applied GPS/INS guidance system to C-130 (GBU-43/B needs to be loaded first)

[fixed] GBU-24 fly had no texture (thx to da12thMonkey for reporting)

[fixed] GBU-24 proxy was not positioned correctly in model space

[fixed] "You cannot play/edit this mission..." error reappeared, fixed now (hopefully)

Please note, this now includes the aerial weapons replacement pack aswell as the MOAB. So if present, please delete these files when installing this new version (3.1) of the Missilebox:

glt_moab.pbo
glt_moab.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign
glt_airweapons_rep_oa_cfg.pbo
glt_airweapons_rep_oa_cfg.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

Download link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_Missilebox_complete.7z

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;1847449']LMAO' date=' if already the simple announcement makes you feel this way, then you should try out the updated Missilebox. And for the rest of my life i'll have to check if there is a Macadam Cow standing behind me before i bend over. :D[/quote']

its-a-trap.jpg

:D

I've tried the missile box and I love it but in all honesty what turned me on like that was the somehow working MFDs of the F16. Are they some sort of "night vision windows" ?

@Foxhound & Old Bear

thanks for the updated mirrors, lads. Much appreciated.

@Macadam Cow

I've tried the missile box and I love it but in all honesty what turned me on like that was the somehow working MFDs of the F16. Are they some sort of "night vision windows" ?

The MFD's use the same technique as the planes HUD does. Funny enough in the configs, these are called "class MFD {}; ;)

Also actually they are just placeholders and subject of rework/improvements.

And i lol'd @ the pic....actually this is how i do feel actually. :D

Just want to say THANK YOU for an awsome addon, this is mindblowing :)

As promised, the better explained script to change the loadout on the F-16 using the Missilebox.

The script:

//get the variables from the scriptcall
_plane = _this select 0;
_newweaps = _this select 1;
_newmags = _this select 2;
//Lets see what is loaded
_weapons = weapons _plane;
_magazines = magazines _plane;
{_weapons = _weapons - [_x]} foreach ["GLT_M61A1","CMFlareLauncher_GLT"];
{_magazines = _magazines - [_x]} foreach ["500Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT","360Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"];
{_plane removeWeapon _x} foreach _weapons;
{_plane removeMagazines _x} foreach _magazines;
//Let's add the magazines and the weapons
{_plane addmagazine _x} foreach _newmags;
{_plane addWeapon _x} foreach _newweaps;
//Let's make sure the plane get's fully loaded
_plane setVehicleAmmo 1;

Save this script into the mission directory. Actually this only works in the editor (and created missions from there). Hopefully i'll get it sorted to provide a better loadout interface that also works with already existing missions.

To call the script, put this line into the F-16 initline:

blah = [this, ["GLT_AIM120_Launcher", "GLT_AGM84_Launcher","GLT_MK81_Launcher"],["GLT_2Rnd_AIM120", "GLT_2Rnd_AGM84", "GLT_6Rnd_MK81"]] execVM "thisScript.sqf"

Explanations:

blah

Scripthandle. Can be any fantasyname. Preferably make it something unique (or something probably not used by other scripts like...well "blah")

this

Refers to the plane itself. As we call it from the initline, this == the plane. If you want to use script somewhere else (trigger, another script), give the plane a unique name and put this name in the place of "this".

["GLT_AIM120_Launcher", "GLT_AGM84_Launcher","GLT_MK81_Launcher"]

This first array contains the weapons that should be loaded. Remember, weapons do not contain magazines, those will be added in the next array of the scriptcall.

Also does the order of this array not have any influence on the order in which the weapons will appear on the plane. But it does influence the order in which they are displayed and switched through.

["GLT_2Rnd_AIM120", "GLT_2Rnd_AGM84", "GLT_6Rnd_MK81"]

This second array now adds the magazines. For each added weapon you should add a corresponding magazine.

This now have effect on the order they appear on the plane. The first magazine will be applied first. For the F-16 this means that the first magazine appears on the Wingtips (and upfollowing pylons if magazine contain more than 2 missiles).

The max number of weapons should not exceed 10 as there are not more weapon proxies on the F-16.

Again, the order is from wingtips to center, keep that in mind as a Mk-84 on the wingtips just looks ridiculous. ;)

I hope this helps, else just ask here.

how do I get the gps ins system into the f16?

I changed the load out and added 6 jdams and 2 agm-114. I don't get the gps/ins in the action menu. But the bombs do hit target when testing online and someone lases a target. When I fly the a10 jdam it works perfectly fine. So do I need to add some line into the intalisation of the f16 to get the gps/ins module? The gps/ins module isn't connected to the bombs it has under it wings then? for example when you load jdams the action gps ins shows up?

I have the same question as well myke. I am also using Mandomissile so when it is activated in the bottom left of my screen it says: GPS Targeting "6". But no matter what 6 key i try nothing works. So I end up not being able to use the gps targeting for the jdams.

To apply the GPS/INS dialog to a plane which doesn't have it by default, follow these instructions:

In your missionfolder, create a script with this content:

createDialog "glt_airgpsmfd";

After that, add this line to the planes initline:

this addaction ["GPS/INS","nameOfScript.sqf",[],0.5,false,true,"","(driver _target == _this) && (isEngineOn _target)"];

This should equip any plane with the GPS/INS targetting system.

@coopr

technically the GPS/INS guided weapons are laserguided. I (ab)used the laserguidance system to build up this system. It's one of the downsides that the weapons remain laserguided.

The planes that come with the missilebox already have the aboce addaction stuff included into the config so no further steps are needed there. Obviously other planes need the above stuff.

@Nightrain

My GPS/INS targetting system differs from Mandobles solution. Don't know how his system works so i'm affraid i can't say anything helpful on how to make both work side by side. If in doubt, stick with MMA.

I have the same question as well myke. I am also using Mandomissile so when it is activated in the bottom left of my screen it says: GPS Targeting "6". But no matter what 6 key i try nothing works. So I end up not being able to use the gps targeting for the jdams.

It's "G" not 6, lol had the same problem ;)

Oh and thx for the answer Myke

The MFD's use the same technique as the planes HUD does

Excuse my stupidity but what exactly does this mean ? What's shown on them is not related to what's infront of the plane ?

Edited by Macadam Cow

Excuse my stupidity but what exactly does this mean ? What's shown on them is not related to what's infront of the plane ?

In other words: technically the F-16 has 3 HUD's (talking about the planes Head-up display, not the game GUI on the top), one at the place where you expect it (duh!) and the others at the place of the MFD's.

The data displayed can be set via config. Actually, what you see there is some kind of placeholder code which i used to see if this works at all and how it looks. So it will be reworked before final release.