Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

I can see the reality but thats not what I meant, the current missiles Im saying have to much smoke to the point where thats all you see,

and in the game the smoke dont dissapate or stop before it hits the target.

The missiles are nothing but smoke all the way to the target.

I'm saying theres to much smoke coming from the missile.

Whats in the vid and in the game are two different things happening, the game does not mimick real life 100%,

the smoke is to thick and overwhelms the missile making the missile not so visible from the cockpit.

I can see the reality but thats not what I meant, the current missiles Im saying have to much smoke to the point where thats all you see,

and in the game the smoke dont dissapate or stop before it hits the target.

The missiles are nothing but smoke all the way to the target.

I'm saying theres to much smoke coming from the missile.

Whats in the vid and in the game are two different things happening, the game does not mimick real life 100%,

the smoke is to thick and overwhelms the missile making the missile not so visible from the cockpit.

It is noted. I'll see to tone down the density a bit. Btw, this relates to the Missilebox, not the F-16 directly.

Ya Myke,

I dont think its from your missiles, it seems like its influence or from the vanilla game itself, as you can see that in the vanilla game on vanilla planes,

I didn't know you had changed anything at all for the missiles, I'm just merely asking and pointing something out,

if you can change it then it would def help increase the realism or immersion.

Ya Myke,

I dont think its from your missiles, it seems like its influence or from the vanilla game itself, as you can see that in the vanilla game on vanilla planes,

I didn't know you had changed anything at all for the missiles, I'm just merely asking and pointing something out,

if you can change it then it would def help increase the realism or immersion.

If you use the latest Missilebox version with the F-16, then yes, the smoke effects has been altered for a longer and more dense smoke trail. I have to admit that from my POV it adds to the battlefield feeling, especially in intense firefights. But might be i've overdone them a little.

Always happy if people point out possible issues so keep it comin, even i wont guarantee that i'll take everything into account. ;)

:EDITH:

Short test of a dynamic weapon loadout selection. It is just a proof of concept and doesn't represent the final appereance in any form, expect of the result of a changed loadout.

kSzsTN4Pcac

Edited by [FRL]Myke

For other factions, why not just include them anyway with a generic pilot, and then let other mod makers make some kind of a config replacement to change the pilot class to their own? Is that too complicated?

For other factions, why not just include them anyway with a generic pilot, and then let other mod makers make some kind of a config replacement to change the pilot class to their own? Is that too complicated?

It's not only the pilot but also the faction class. Besides that, there are also a lot of other things that can be customized in the config, not only the painting.

So i prefer not to include these faction directly, not taking away the control from the Modmakers. I try to find the thin line which separates being helpful from dictating.

Hi Myke,

I'm not requesting anything but I'm just curious :

EddyD is still in chrge of the textures, right ? Do you know if there's any plan of adding the Belgian version ?

As I said it's not a request but I remember he did some for the ArmA1 F16 and since we have a lil bit more belgian stuff in ArmA 2 ( infantry, C130) I was just wondering if he planned to do it for ArmA2.

Anyway, I must say the F16 is one of my fav since ArmA1, you guys did an awesome job porting it to ArmA2 and I can't wait to see what you are cooking up for the next version.

The loadout vid is very promising :)

Keep it up !

Hi Myke,

I'm not requesting anything but I'm just curious :

EddyD is still in chrge of the textures, right ? Do you know if there's any plan of adding the Belgian version ?

As I said it's not a request but I remember he did some for the ArmA1 F16 and since we have a lil bit more belgian stuff in ArmA 2 ( infantry, C130) I was just wondering if he planned to do it for ArmA2.

Anyway, I must say the F16 is one of my fav since ArmA1, you guys did an awesome job porting it to ArmA2 and I can't wait to see what you are cooking up for the next version.

The loadout vid is very promising :)

Keep it up !

Mate, check page 32 of this thread, then report back. ;)

Oh damn, I'm sorry, it's so easy to look like a fool on the internet :(

I've been following this thread since page one but I guess I've missed that page.

It looks beautiful !

If I understand well, EddyD is providing a "basic" texture and you add some extra (just like the RACS version, which is badass too !)

Thanks for doing this version, I guess there will be only a bunch of people really enjoying it but still, you'll make us really happy

Edited by Macadam Cow

Oh damn, I'm sorry, it's so easy to look like a fool on the internet :(

I've been following this thread since page one but I guess I've missed that page.

It looks beautiful !

If I understand well, EddyD is providing a "basic" texture and you add some extra (just like the RACS version, which is badass too !)

Thanks for doing this version, I guess there will be only a bunch of people really enjoying it but still, you'll make us really happy :)

These are credits i don't deserve. All camo texture works are done by eddyD, my part was the tails artwork and the cockpit instruments, texturewise.

Hey Myke.

My team works in a mission that involves aircrafts.

We got stuck because of a mysterious issue.

We can't make F16 debris to disappear/deleteVehicle/hideBody etc-so

the "next" (alive)empty plane that respawns..its get spawned in top of debris :/

We tried multiple ways/multiple revive scripts/commands etc..

Need your advice please..

Very nice job on f-16 Myke .

I have make some more russia skins , but will releast them on this tread when the f-16 is don .

And Myke go also releast the photoshop texture file , so that you can make own skin for this bird :)

cya

eddyD

Downloaded your MOAB, but can't seem to load into C130.

Care to elaborate how you tried it? How far the C-130 was away from it?

Er, very close, and no option to arm it came out.

Hmmm...strange. I can't reproduce it here so i'll have to ask a few stupid questions, sorry about that.

- did you looked at the MOAB?

- was it placed closer than C-130J wingspan (radius is 25m)

- did you tried without other mods/addons?

Would be very nice if you could do some tests to track the problem down to help me fix this problem, if possible.

I placed at the ramp. Ah, might br because I didn't look at the MOAB.

I placed at the ramp. Ah, might br because I didn't look at the MOAB.

Were you using the standard BIS C-130? because it wont work with others. Unless you do the thing in the readme :P

@JuggernautOfWar

The Missilebox is indeed required for the F-16 and the Su-34. It contains all weapon systems used on these planes, models and configs. Basically you don't use it on your own, at least it isn't required to do so. However, you surely can use it to alter weapon loadout using add/remove magazines and weapons with usual scripting, applying a different weapon loadout as you see fit.

@wolfbite

i guess ray243 just didn't looked at the bomb, else he would already have reported it as a bug.

Not sure how this quite works. Is this a replacement mod? Or should I tru the GLT Air Weapons pack?

@domokun

No, the Missilebox isn't a replacement pack. It simply contains the weapons which are required by the F-16 and the Su-34 retex which you can find in the startpost. Basically you don't have to care about, you just need the addons if you want to use one of the named planes.

However, you can change weapon loadout by scripting and add other weapons which are present in the Missilebox. This is a matter of simple scripting. For further information about scripting, please head over to the editing section on this forum.

There is also a replacement addon available which uses the same models as the Missilebox (the Missilebox is not required for the replacement pack): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99023

It is a good idea to use the replacement pack alongside with the missilebox so all weapons look the same and are not mixed BIS/Missilebox. Somewhat of unified look.

Working on a simple GPS/INS guidance system for the Missilebox (GBU-53 JDAM and AGM-154 JSOW) which is based on the Lasertarget system but is designed so only GPS/INS weapons can be locked on (scripted solution so far):

ld7Uneh9kg4

This was just to test how precise it can be. Meanwhile i've managed that it doesn't say "Laser target" but "GPS/INS" when locked. ;)

How it will work:

- Select coords on map with onMapSingleClick

- select GPS/INS guided weapon (so far only Missilebox weapons supported but others can be updated)

- While appropriate weapon is selected, GPS/INS target is shown, if other weapon is selected (say a laserguided) the GPS/INS target will be hidden.

- will run clientside only and laserTarget objects will be created local so other players can't "abuse" those targets for own laserguided weapons.

Wow! thats impressive! bombs flying in the hangerdoor, really nice :)