Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

GBU 43 is fitted with JDAM? or is it free fall

Wow, 1 video 2 teaser... F-16 and WarFX nice :)

GBU 43 is fitted with JDAM? or is it free fall

Wow, 1 video 2 teaser... F-16 and WarFX nice :)

F-16? Where the hell did you see a F-16 in this vid? The GBU-43/B is/was delivered with a C-130J.

And actually it is a LGB, if someone provides a GPS/INS guidance system, i would be happy to include it. But also simple freefall delivery is possible (as seen in the vid).

Myke;1806013']@Rubberkite

Actually the Afterburner on the F-16 is assigned to VehicleTurbo key to engage and reduce throttle to disengage. Actually i don't know what to do with the SU-34' date=' surely some bugfixing if possible. If it will receives additional functionality, i don't know.

[/quote']

Thank you for answer Mike

I download last version on Armaholic I've to check again if burner works with Shift key (I tested with mando so that could be the problem)

for Su34, there are some bug, the gun shot is not aligned, I try Bis one and there works, the show action enter as pilot/gunner, doesn't work close to the stair like bis you've to be back the wing

cheers ;)

Rubber

Hi, I resumed SP mission Operation resolute fury, an F-16 based mission.

I have a warning "cannot load MK84" and in fact I don't have them under my belly.

I have ArmA2 only and I load

glt_f16.pbo

glt_f16_a2_config.pbo

glt_missilebox.pbo

glt_missilebox_a2_config.pbo

The init line of the F-16:

init="fury11 engineon false;fuelDrain = this spawn {fury11 = _this; _i = 0.01; while{fuel fury11 > 0}do{if(isEngineOn fury11)then{fury11 setFuel (fuel fury11 - _i)}; sleep 10.5}}; this addWeapon ""GLT_SidewinderXLauncher""; this addmagazine ""2Rnd_SidewinderX_GLT""; this addmagazine ""500Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT""; this addWeapon ""GLT_BombLauncher_Mk84""; this addmagazine ""4Rnd_Mk84_GLT""; this addweapon ""GLT_MaverickLauncher""; this removeweapon ""GLT_AIM120Launcher""; this addmagazine ""2Rnd_Maverick_GLT""; this removeweapon ""GLT_BombLauncher_Mk82""; this removeweapon ""GLT_SidewinderLauncher""; fury11 addAction [""Drop Illumination Flare"",""f.sqs""]; OHSHIT = this execVM ""eject.sqf""";

};

Suggestions?

@Puzzola

Wrong classnames, please check the list with correct classnames in the first post (click on the respective spoiler).

I changed the classnames. Now it works :)

The mission was very old, I downloaded it several month ago but decided to play it only now.

Thank you very much for the advice.

A rather unspectacular although important milestone has been reached: instruments modelling is done!

wf4GOi4LMJo

TODO:

- tweaking instrument textures and creating proper rvmat's

- defining anims in model.cfg & config.cpp

- scripting instruments functionality

- general tweaking for AI

- misc.

Very detailed, just stunning!

All of the instruments are calibrated and working, May I ask what is the Joystick (Yellow) in the middle for?

Edited by avengerzx

Very detailed, just stunning!

All of the instruments are calibrated and working, May I ask what is the Joystick (Yellow) in the middle for?

Right now only the instruments on the center console are working and even there some are not functional yet. Since ArmA 2 is not a flightsim, the available data sources are extrmely limited so scripting the functionality will surely take some time to get it nearly right.

And the "Joystick" in the middle...well, this is the eject handle to activate ejection seat. ;)

awesome work myke, looking forward to gbu43 xmas for sure

Oooo… Aahhh… *drool* Shiny plane…must have. O.O

Looks great Myke. Always a pleasure to see your work progressing..

Thanks mate, thanks to all the nice comments.

Honestly, i really wish i could spend more time on this baby to get it done as quick as possible. But i guess i don't have to tell you how bitchy life can be. ;)

Anyway, yesterday i've completed the rvmat's, started to include all anims to the model.cfg and config.cpp.

So although the progress is slower than i hoped, at least there is progress.

Take your time with it. I still rock out with older F-16. Screw the people that want it now or as is.

Gonna hit you up in a PM to ask some aircraft questions.

GLT GBU-43/B Massive Ordinance Air Blast, aka "Mother of all bombs"

moabrelease.th.png

As you guess, this addon adds the GBU-43/B bomb to CO/OA.

Requires:

Operation Arrowhead or Combined Operations (doesn't work with ArmA 2 standalone)

CBA - Extended Eventhandlers (not included)

How to use:

Unlike other aerial weapons, this bomb doesn't come with a pre-set plane (like GBU-12 on a A-10).

Instead, you'll find the GBU-43/B in the editor under "Empty > GLT - MOAB".

You have to place it manually and then ingame load it into a C-130J.

Place a C-130J close to the GBU-43/B and you'll get an action entry on the bomb to load it into the plane.

If more than one C-130J's are present, the nearest is selected.

Restrictions:

Due to it's power, i've decided to include several restrictions so it wont be overpowered.

- it is limited to C-130J (US and USMC) as drop platform

- you can either transport soldiers or the GBU-43/B, not both

- after drop, the weapon is removed from the plane so no reload on ammo truck ;)

- the unloaded GBU-43/B can be damaged/destroyed. Although the detonation isn't as huge as of regular drop, i wouldn't be closer than 100m to it.

- If damaged more than 50%, the GBU-43/B has to be repaired (targeting electronics) before it can be loaded into a plane

- GBU-43/B can be unloaded on ground if necessary

Important:

Please keep security distance to impact point of at least 400 meters (goes also for dropping C-130J) to avoid serious injuries or death.

Credits:

Model, textures, configs and scripts are made by me.

Particle effects of the detonation written by Opticalsnare (thanks again mate).

Thanks to BIS for this awesome game that sucked me into addonmaking.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_MOAB.7z

Edited by [FRL]Myke