Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

@Zeichef

He go release when is done .

A good addon take time for everything work well like F-16 .

On RKSL Eurofighter work some years over for they release them .

Take your time Myke , we can wait .

cya

eddyD

^^So what's the worst case scenario? A month, two months?

Absolutely worst case? Would be "never".

Honestly, i don't know. Modelling is done soon, then texture will be adjusted and tweaked, after that, scripts had to be written/rewritten and everything has to be tweaked so AI can handle it aswell.

At this point, bughunting and tweaking will also take a certain time.

So, at your place i wouldn't hold breath on it.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is the 2.1 Missile box the spiritual successor to the Aerial Weapons Replacement Pack?

The GLT missile box adds new weapons and models, and doesn't replace any of the default ones, so no. The missiles from this box are only used on the addons on the first post and maybe some other addons.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is the 2.1 Missile box the spiritual successor to the Aerial Weapons Replacement Pack?

As TomatoArden already stated it isn't. The Missilebox and the Aerial Weapon replacement pack although use the same models so the look is unified using BIS planes and community addons that use the Missilebox.

Hi, any progress? Any new videos coming out soon?

So you volunteer to help me? Great!

So i need a system that calculates air Pressure offset based on normal air pressure, global position, height above sea level, season, time of day and actual and forecasted weather. Contact me when you're done.

hi myke any update !? lol

take it easy man. good luck on the f16 :)

hi myke any update !? lol

take it easy man. good luck on the f16 :)

Actually i'm shortly a little focussed on my MOAB. There is a live test running at the moment with your actual real-world position programmed as GPS target. If we will not see any further comments in...say 30 minutes...from you then the test was succesfull. :D

Myke;1775050']So you volunteer to help me? Great!

So i need a system that calculates air Pressure offset based on normal air pressure' date=' global position, height above sea level, season, time of day and actual and forecasted weather. Contact me when you're done.[/quote']

This has to eb the single most hilarious post i have ever read!

Seriously dont you guys understand...... questions like these make us addon makers question why we do it in the first place. You get what we give you whenever we feel like it.

Myke;1775050']So you volunteer to help me? Great!

So i need a system that calculates air Pressure offset based on normal air pressure' date=' global position, height above sea level, season, time of day and actual and forecasted weather. Contact me when you're done.[/quote']

Heh, I'll do my best mate! :p

But really now, I think you could release a version of the plane without for instance this particular system and continue to work on it(also on other things that you think need be added to the final version) and update it when you think you've made progress. That way you will also get feedback from the community. I really don't think that anyone will be dissapointed with the plane as it is since its already much much better than last year's F-16. I'm just saying man, not trying to tell you what to do or anything, just a suggestion.

Heh, I'll do my best mate! :p

But really now, I think you could release a version of the plane without for instance this particular system and continue to work on it(also on other things that you think need be added to the final version) and update it when you think you've made progress. That way you will also get feedback from the community. I really don't think that anyone will be dissapointed with the plane as it is since its already much much better than last year's F-16. I'm just saying man, not trying to tell you what to do or anything, just a suggestion.

FPDR

It is obvious that you have next to no idea what it takes to make a good addon which works as intended, does look good and doesn't cause problems of any sort.

Believe me when i say that the F-16 is not releasable in it's current state. The barometric script is just one example of several dozen things to do and even not one of the most complicated.

So you just have to trust me that i will release info/vids/pics if there is something relevant to show.

Myke;1775115'].

So you just have to trust me that i will release info/vids/pics if there is something relevant to show.

Thats the way it should be, so in case you cant finish it no one will be disappointed.

To much addon makers announce way to early what they are doing, and then their threads look like this:

*Here is a screenshot of my addon, its 50% done!*

*Here is a screenshot of my addon, its 90% done!*

*Here is a screenshot of my addon, its 99% done!*

*Here is a screenshot of my addon, its 99,9999% done!*

*Here is a screenshot of my addon, its done, ill release it tomorrow!*

*Here is a screenshot of my addon, sorry had somethin to fix, ill release it tomorrow!*

*Here is a screenshot of my addon, sorry had somethin to fix, ill release it tomorrow!*

Different guy: *Jo whats up with the addon*?

Moderator: *RAGE DONT PUSH A ONE YEAR OLD THREAD! RAGE RAGE KICK BAN!*

Indeed. Such an addon as i make it includes a lot of scripting, testing, investigations. There are times where nothing changes visually, just work "behind the scenes". Do you expect me to make a screenshot of the code? Well, here you go:

codewip.th.jpg

Tried to fit the whole code of a single script into the editor window by reducing zoom. Obviously didn't helped, still only a small bit of entire code.

Myke;1775115']FPDR

It is obvious that you have next to no idea what it takes to make a good addon which works as intended' date=' does look good and doesn't cause problems of any sort.

Believe me when i say that the F-16 is not releasable in it's current state. The barometric script is just one example of several dozen things to do and even not one of the most complicated.

So you just have to trust me that i will release info/vids/pics if there is something relevant to show.[/quote']

So why not focus on those clearly more important things to make the addon releasable first, and then shift your focus back to the fancier things?

So why not focus on those clearly more important things to make the addon releasable first, and then shift your focus back to the fancier things?

Maybe because i want to release a finished addon and not release updates every few weeks (bugfixes excluded).

So please, if you don't have something costructive to add, stay away. You will get the F-16 when i feel it is ready for the public. Not any sooner.

i don't know about myke, but fancier things keep me more interested then fixing boring bugs

I don't know about you, but I would like to have the F-16 with all the extras that myke already implemented than having to use last year's F-16.

from what i know the F-16 is already released.

so that would mean that what Myke is doing right now is focusing on fancier things.

Anyways, as always keep up the good work Myke, love what you have shown so far so take your time to get it awesome :)

I don't know about you, but I would like to have the F-16 with all the extras that myke already implemented than having to use last year's F-16.

Oh my, an opinion that doesn't agree with someone elses? You must be right. :rolleyes:

Why don't we stop this useless discussion and leave Myke alone. ;)

your constant badgering is completely unexcuseable.

The man has said, you will get it when hes ready. Give him some space.

then again.... you are always free to make your own if he doesn't work on your timetablle....

A piece of advice.... you have wasted the majority of your 10 posts badgering a respected member of the community to release his work before hes ready. I would suggest toning yourself down a bit and getting used to the way the forums work, or be struck with the ban hammer.