Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

@avengerzx

Quote from Wikipedia:

The BLU-109/B is a hardened penetration bomb used by United States military aircraft (BLU is an acronym for Bomb Live Unit). It is intended to smash through concrete shelters and other hardened structures before exploding.

To be honest, i hardly see a need for this weapon as the Mk series can fulfill the same job in ArmA 2/OA.

I wont say "absolutely no" although actually there are no plans for it.

@Gunter Severloh

1.54 is required due to some config stuff and scripting commands only available since 1.54 or later

Thanks for your answer, it is mean to hit buildings like a mosque or a palace (Saddam's palace during Operation Desert Storm)

Thanks for your answer, it is mean to hit buildings like a mosque or a palace (Saddam's palace during Operation Desert Storm)

Aye, but the game engine doesn't allow such bomb behaviour, that's why i said, the Mk series already fills the gap. You can find some Mk's in the GLT Missilebox.

Hi GLT_Myke! Just wondering about the F-16 coming along!

I'm a F-16AM (Mid-Life-Update) Crew-Chief. equivalent to your "EPAF"/"Nato" skin.

I was hoping to see the APU (JFS-Jet Fuel Starter) for F-16 fanatics skinned or modelled on the correct side of the fuselage (Left Hand) and if it is to be 3D modeled with a startup sequence, the two doors should open upwards\outwards to reveal the JFS Intake\Exhaust.. In Norway it is normal during peace-time to run the JFS for a full minute prior to setting throttle to "Idle" to expand JFS life-time and ease the maintenance, but during wartime it throttle is rammed into idle as soon as JFS has spooled the main engine up to about 20-25%.

The door sequence can be seen in this video(also on the LEFT side) at 0:46

At the least I'd appreciate the JFS and GUN(can't remember if gun was positioned right on the model)... but both gun and JFS are on the LEFT side :)

thank you!

Truly an awesome multirole fighter!

No it can be laserguided :) Just tried it with AI + MOAB :D

I tryed with ACE on.. we could not get a lock :/

@Foxhound

thanks for the Mirror, link added to first post.

@RavenDK

I don't use ACE so i don't know why you can't get a lock. Might be that ACE does alter the config of the C-130J as the MOAB addon adds lasertargetting capabilities to it. As Legislator already wrote, it is laserguided (yes, i know that the original is GPS/INS guided).

Good release, quite hilarious seeing this glide alone then leaving a huge circle, reminds me of daisy cutters.

Everything is possible in the Bohemian Saga ...

Put this in the init line of the C-130:

this addMagazine "1Rnd_GBU43_GLT"; this addWeapon "GLT_MOAB_Launcher";

You can let AI drop the MOAB by using:

Name_of_the_C130 selectWeapon "GLT_MOAB_Launcher"; Name_of_the_C130 doFire Name_of_the_Target;

But be aware:

- C130 should be invincible (Name_of_the_C130 allowDamage false) or it must fly very high

- place or use an unit that uses the laser designator

- be fair ... give the enemy AI at least some air defense dudes

- for having fun don't use the addon that way for human players

@Laqueesha & Legislator

I strongly recommend not to preload the MOAB with this code! Although it surely works, this method breaks the balancing restrictions as the Eventhandlers to the static MOAB (the one you place in the editor) are not set this way.

It may disbalance any mission.

I might provide a script for that purpose later which correctly handles the whole system.

@ray243

not that i know of. Have a link? Maybe you mean this one of which i released some WIP screenshots a while ago in the WIP thread.

@Lao Fei Mao

No. But i made a replacement pack for BIS Choppers and planes using the same models: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99023&highlight=Airweapons

How dumb of me, the old one, in beta, was made by you. You released it.

Myke;1815927']

How to use:

Instead' date=' you'll find the GBU-43/B in the editor under "Empty > GLT - MOAB".

[/quote']

thanks Myke :)

Hmm, sorry but I find no "GLT - MOAB" under "Empty" :rolleyes:

Fire up your ICQ, dude.

:EDITH:

Problem identified: ID Ten T error in OSI Layer 8. :D

No bugfixes needed.

Workaround to solve this problem: unzip the file before moving into your modfolder. ;)

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Myke;1817446']Fire up your ICQ' date=' dude.[/s']

:EDITH:

Problem identified: ID Ten T error in OSI Layer 8. :D

No bugfixes needed.

Workaround to solve this problem: unzip the file before moving into your modfolder. ;)

yeah, sorry my mistake. sleeping with open eyes, like rabbit :eek: