Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

Trust me Binkowski, your'e cool enough! Your 2009 infantry is one of my favorite addons for this game.

these are so good, will you be doing multicam anytime soon?

Sorry if you posted it already, but could I get the classnames for the faces? I want to use them in one of my missions.

So has there been any discussion of there being a possible optional replacement pack with the Desert and/or ACU heavies used to replace the US Deltas?

Sorry if you posted it already, but could I get the classnames for the faces? I want to use them in one of my missions.

"Tierface01" - "Tierface24"

If I remember correctley 24.. you can preview them in your "edit player profile" option in the main menu.

the "setidentity" didnt work for me but the "setface did" as in:

This SetFace "TierFace09"

is their anyway to set headgear?

Yeah, you have to select the headgear using setidentity and identities in the description.ext for the mission.

For example:

class CfgIdentities

{

class UnitPlayer

{

name="Joseph Gastovski";

face="TierFace01";

glasses="TIER_HELMET_1";

speaker="Male04";

pitch=1.0;

};

};

and then use setidentity UnitPlayer.

There's TIER_HELMET_1 and TIER_HELMET_2 I belive, (I can't remember for sure)

@McNools: would it be possible for you to make a replacement file so the Tier 1 lights replace the normal army infantry and the ACU heavies replace the special forces? it would be amazing to go into domination and seeing a large scale SOF offensive like at the beginning of the war in afghanistan

It's probably possible, but I don't know anything about making replacement packs. :/ But if anyone else would like to do it, I wouldn't mind. :)

Yeah, try that. :) I'd do it if I knew how to, and had some energy and inspiration left for this addon, but I don't, haha. :) Good luck though!

Ah, that's probably the custom-helmets, I sort of regret including them, there's a bit too much trouble with them, not appearing when you use NVG's etc.

Ah, that's probably the custom-helmets, I sort of regret including them, there's a bit too much trouble with them, not appearing when you use NVG's etc.

There's also the config issue, you can't set the head armor correctly if you don't know if the units will have them or not.

On another matter, it would be nice to see those backpacks on the models removed so we can use OA or ACE backpacks with them.

There's also the config issue, you can't set the head armor correctly if you don't know if the units will have them or not.

On another matter, it would be nice to see those backpacks on the models removed so we can use OA or ACE backpacks with them.

ah, good point. Not sure if I want to dig into these old units though, doesn't feel very motivated.

And since it's just retextures, I can't do much about the backpacks, but all units already use OA backpacks?

I'd just replace the models that have backpacks with others but I guess we can just as well avoid using those. I don't have any list of them unfortunately. Problem is they look really weird with both hard-modeled backpack and the OA or ACE backpack over it. As a motivator, they fit the ToraBora map really well :)

if you want them to use ACE backpacks and they are models that have backpacks added to them.

Put in the init: removebackpack this

Simple. But if the ones have the backpacks on the model then there is little Mcnools can do.

Excellent mod, good work. You mention that this is a known issue, - Some undercover-operators still use sandals , I don't think this is an issue for the undercover models.

Upgrade to Pro today!!! haha, sorry, I had to say that. I saw so many of them.

Great mod!

Thanks for the update Sickboy! :)

and yeah, maybe I should upgrade to pro, hahaha :D

I'm just curious if sleeve patches (from squad XMLs) show up. It seems like most vanilla OA units lack this feature. I'll probably test this myself at some point but if someone knows the answers it would be great!

I have no idea really, but since they use original OA-models I doubt it :)

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but there's something Id like to know. I see some of the units are using Mich2001 helmets in tan. What is the "name" of this object so I could use it in the script >> [this setidentity "name";], and use the helmet on other units. Thank you very much.