Sign in to follow this  
suma

Do you prefer to beta test in Arrowhead or ArmA 2?

Which platform would you prefer for future beta patches?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform would you prefer for future beta patches?

• ArmA 2
    • Operation Arrowhead
    • I will test whatever is available

Which base version would you prefer for future beta patches, esp. for testing AI behaviour changes?

Possible reasons for you to prefer ArmA 2 could be:

- "I do not have Arrowhead"

- "my preferred server is ArmA 2 based"

Possible reason for you to prefer Operation Arrowhead could be:

- "Now Arrowhead is out, I do not play ArmA 2 any more"

- "My preferred server is Arrowhead based"

Note: even if the beta testing will be done on one version, this does not necessarily mean the changes will not be included on the other version in the end. Specifically, all ArmA 2 changes will be ported to Arrowhead eventually.

Edited by Suma

OA all the way!

But as long as we can test in multiplayer enviroment im happy.

Edited by Wildgoose
just see the poll!

OA for me ;)

i think OA is the "newer" game and therefore make a step forward and prefer the newer game.

i would welcome performance optimations for OA in future beta patch`s ;)

Edited by bensdale

I'll be using OA more now, especially once the A2OA integration gets sorted out with Steam versions. So I'll gladly test any betas. Hopefully some issues in A2 will get sorted out as well, since we can still use that content in OA. :yay:

OA for me as well.

ArmA 2 willl be on its way out, in favor of OA, so I'd prefer to see most resources spent on OA.

ArmA 2 because I don't have OA yet.

However IMO ArmA 2 testing would be the better choice because more users have A2 than OA

However, suma, I think you must work above all on the CPU optimization because that's the performance killer in the SP campaign\when there are a lot of events and AI

OA here as well.

Even if changes will eventually make it into both versions if possible, I'd appreciate BI spending their time on A2:OA by porting important changes to A2 into A2:AO with priority.

OA got my vote.

- Because its just released, I think you will have more "volunteers" to test the changes.

One note:

Perhaps for the future of beta-testing, it would be good to have some sample-missions (or a user-mission like ArmA2 FPS analyser by sbsmac) released with the betas to test specific changes of the engine and its stable-state. -This would give you and us the possibility to compare different values by users more specific.

OA eventually. Having seen OAs lighting and heard the improved sound engine, I seriously couldn't go back.

OA for sure!!

OA (even if I'm still waiting for my pre-order to arrive)...

/KC

"Specifically, all ArmA 2 changes will be ported to Arrowhead eventually."

Since that is the case, it makes more sense to do all testing on OA besides as the previous poster says, having seen the lighting I could never go back lol.

Also the enterable buildings in Zargabad would suggest it may be better suited to testing of AI changes with regards to urban combat.

Oh! And well Done BIS. you have released what can truly be described as a masterpiece to rival the original OFP

Edited by Killerwatt

As likey as it is that those who have OA will never touch ArmA2 again, ArmA2 IMO is in more need of improvement than OA. And since you said ArmA2 changes will be incorporated into OA eventually, it seems more logical to continue beta testing in ArmA2. Unless of course the changes only really effect new OA features.

That being said, I voted for whatever. I'm not opposed to testing some in ArmA2 and some in OA if it makes more sense that way.

I voted AO, but I will help test either way.

ARMA2 as I dont have OA yet and prob wont for another 2 or 3 months.

How does ARMA2 integrate with OA? Can you play the ARMA2 maps in OA?

A lot of you beta testers are switching to OA, dont you miss the lush forests and awesome landscapes with those nice trees and valeys? I like desert maps but it just doesnt look as nice as forests in ARMA2, also seems to be no cover in all the OA videos I saw.

Regarding the lighting, why doesnt the new lighting engine get ported to ARMA2? Arent they the same engine and wasnt most of the enhancements in OA supposed to be put into ARMA2?

Either way if I had both I'd test both, but I still prefer forests to wage battles in :)

Yapa

Voted OA, especially because of the new features available and integration with A2

How does ARMA2 integrate with OA? Can you play the ARMA2 maps in OA?

Yes

A lot of you beta testers are switching to OA, dont you miss the lush forests and awesome landscapes with those nice trees and valeys? I like desert maps but it just doesnt look as nice as forests in ARMA2, also seems to be no cover in all the OA videos I saw.

No, see above why

Regarding the lighting, why doesnt the new lighting engine get ported to ARMA2? Arent they the same engine and wasnt most of the enhancements in OA supposed to be put into ARMA2?

Maybe yes, maybe not

Thanks for the quick reply! Being able to play the ARMA2 maps in OA engine just makes OA that much better!

Now I guess the only reason to play ARMA2 would be for campaign/missions (and 100's of custom player made missions)... because of this I would say yes OA for beta testing.

Yapa

I will test whatever is available because both games need improvement especially with AI, and Arma2 is not a dead page for me.

Edited by gulag

Suma the kickback and no recentering after each shot tweaks have disappeared off the radar.They were both supposed to be in the latest beta but neither made it in.Are these features making it into next beta?

OA for me now that I have my copy :-)