Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

Great Work Stalker the units look really good.

I'd say your hard work will inspire some other guys and I'm sure you'll see some clans using them in missions.

I have to say that I'm a little woried for the british lads in Germany and the Falklands if they stand next to a abush and don't disapear with this very light pattern.

I have noticed in game that the dpm can make my comrades disapear in foliage and darker lighting if they don't move (Dualas jungle as well as Chernarus).

I personaly would still love to see the separate temperate and desert units, But that's just me. Really mate great job on this addon.

P.S if you have para helmets my guys would kiss you.

I think (hopefully) once the MTP gets a bit of mud/dirt on it the guys will blend a bit better :) Although they may find thats not the case...

With my units, when I replace the Osprey assualt and helmet covers with MTP they will probably blend a bit better in darker areas. I'm still debating doing a Temperate and Desert DPM addon but it really depends on if I get time to do it. I think the plan will be:

3 Rifle MTP in full MTP to be used as desert/temperate infantry.

3 Rifle Desert DPM for desert operations.

3 Rifle Temperate DPM for woodland areas with older equipment mk6a etc.

@Eddie, I have a Para helmet in my room at the moment, I think they are different to the Mk6a, slightly smaller and lighter. Might be wrong though. Like you said, AFAIK the Mk7 is to replace all Mk6 and Para helmets. Infact I believe the Para helmet was withdrawn from service before the Mk6a but again I could be wrong. Anyway, like I said, if I did some temperate DPM guys they would have a Mk6 on them (probably).

UPDATE:

Just thought I'd mention, I have added proper working thermal imaging to my units, its currently only on the LMG Gunner and AT Rifleman but might be able to have it on the rest by the end of the day, we'll see. Once all OA features have been added I'll get another release out to you all.

I'm also going to replace alot of the PALS/MOLLE webbing NOHQs because they seem a bit rubbish/low res.

Good to hear Stalker. This thread on ARRSE indicates that MTP will be issued in full for Herrick 12.

H12 issue included shirts, trousers, UBACS, jungle hat, daysack and bergan cover and jacket all in MTP. Plus dessies. New body armour is much better although some have new plates old cover but new covers being phased in. All non-inf units who are forward based are now getting their MTP on 12.

Er, I have an issued para helmet.. we are still using them.

The Mk6A is still being issued to troops going out to Afghanistan, some, depending on their role are getting the Mk 7 as well.. eventualy of course, all will have it, plus multi cam, but as ever, cost and availability rears its ugly head..

Er, I have an issued para helmet.. we are still using them.

The Mk6A is still being issued to troops going out to Afghanistan, some, depending on their role are getting the Mk 7 as well.. eventualy of course, all will have it, plus multi cam, but as ever, cost and availability rears its ugly head..

Ah, I must have misread about Para helmets then, wasn't that sure to be honest.

Anyway, will crack on with the work on the Thermal maps for my units, is it just the backpacks that need to be updated or are there any new features I've not noticed yet?

body armor settings are new as well

really? in what way exactly, i haven't had much time to look at the changes yet...

I think (hopefully) once the MTP gets a bit of mud/dirt on it the guys will blend a bit better :) Although they may find thats not the case...

With my units, when I replace the Osprey assualt and helmet covers with MTP they will probably blend a bit better in darker areas. I'm still debating doing a Temperate and Desert DPM addon but it really depends on if I get time to do it. I think the plan will be:

3 Rifle MTP in full MTP to be used as desert/temperate infantry.

3 Rifle Desert DPM for desert operations.

3 Rifle Temperate DPM for woodland areas with older equipment mk6a etc.

@Eddie, I have a Para helmet in my room at the moment, I think they are different to the Mk6a, slightly smaller and lighter. Might be wrong though. Like you said, AFAIK the Mk7 is to replace all Mk6 and Para helmets. Infact I believe the Para helmet was withdrawn from service before the Mk6a but again I could be wrong. Anyway, like I said, if I did some temperate DPM guys they would have a Mk6 on them (probably).

UPDATE:

Just thought I'd mention, I have added proper working thermal imaging to my units, its currently only on the LMG Gunner and AT Rifleman but might be able to have it on the rest by the end of the day, we'll see. Once all OA features have been added I'll get another release out to you all.

I'm also going to replace alot of the PALS/MOLLE webbing NOHQs because they seem a bit rubbish/low res.

If you could add any of those DPM/Temperate/full MTP models I think its safe to say a lot of us would highly appreciate that. Your units are looking awesome I must say.

Its strange that even in OA their is no Brit soldiers, we all know wherever the US goes our government decides to follow. :rolleyes:

Haven't even loaded up Arma in about 6 months - and now I have these to play with.. Many Thanks to all who were involved.

Its strange that even in OA their is no Brit soldiers, we all know wherever the US goes our government decides to follow. :rolleyes:

;)

This might not need to be a spoiler but just in case:

In the last cutscene of the OA campaign it says that the British are sending more troops to the area to reinforce the Allies 'very soon'. A few months would be my guess.

Sorry for the off-topic.

These are great thanks!! :D

Its strange that even in OA their is no Brit soldiers, we all know wherever the US goes our government decides to follow.

Yeah in the intro news report theymention british airstrikes...

When I update my units I'll start to add full MTP troops (maybe) to see what people think.

To be honest the biggest issue I have with my units is the PALS webbing NOHQ which looks rubbish...

yeah in the intro news report theymention british airstrikes...

when i update my units i'll start to add full mtp troops (maybe) to see what people think.

To be honest the biggest issue i have with my units is the pals webbing nohq which looks rubbish...

yeah please

I downloaded the new british infantry skins and weapons but cant seem to add it on to Arma2 Operation Arrowhead!

I have read the FAQs and still makes no sense, I downloaded it through steam and cant even find the game folders on my PC!

Can someone please help me, I've never had this trouble before.....

I thought adding one mod would take 30 seconds!

I've added hundreds of HL2 mods years ago but I must be out of touch!

ex- Royally Royal myself...

I downloaded the new british infantry skins and weapons but cant seem to add it on to Arma2 Operation Arrowhead!

I have read the FAQs and still makes no sense, I downloaded it through steam and cant even find the game folders on my PC!

Can someone please help me, I've never had this trouble before.....

I thought adding one mod would take 30 seconds!

I've added hundreds of HL2 mods years ago but I must be out of touch!

ex- Royally Royal myself...

Place the folder in your Arma2 folder, fire up OA. Go to expensions, enable the mod, restart the game. And you're set.

Place the folder in your Arma2 folder, fire up OA. Go to expensions, enable the mod, restart the game. And you're set.

Nope...Arma2 file and Battleye folder and thats it....

Normally in a games folder, you have all the folders with sound,texture,missions etc but i cant find any of this...and its getting on my tits....

The UKF weapon pack needs updating, I downloaded the one from Armaholic, what happened to the front hand grip L85A2? And the variants with no susats etc? They aint in the weapon box.

Oh and if you get the chance to add full MTP that would be epic, im still using your 3 Para guys, i think they are awesome, maybe instead of making a new model completely for desert DPM you could use those as a base model and update them with the new equipment? Im no modder so im probably talkin' shit. lol.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Yeah in the intro news report theymention british airstrikes...

When I update my units I'll start to add full MTP troops (maybe) to see what people think.

To be honest the biggest issue I have with my units is the PALS webbing NOHQ which looks rubbish...

Edited by Liam!!!!

The UKF weapon pack needs updating, I downloaded the one from Armaholic, what happened to the front hand grip L85A2? And the variants with no susats etc? They aint in the weapon box.

This has been a long time in the wings, it's still in progress by the look of things; doesn't help the load out of the average squaddie has been changed on the turn of a dime nowadays

That new DMR is the next thing I suppose (L129A1)

sharpshooter11.jpg

Edited by DaveP

This has been a long time in the wings, it's still in progress by the look of things; doesn't help the load out of the average squaddie has been changed on the turn of a dime nowadays

That new DMR is the next thing I suppose (L129A1)

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6981/sharpshooter11.jpg

I don't know if its still being worked on, I haven't heard anything on it. And that rifle looks pretty nice.

Do you know where that l85a2 with a front grip is from?

I don't know if its still being worked on, I haven't heard anything on it. And that rifle looks pretty nice.

Do you know where that l85a2 with a front grip is from?

I made one for PR ( a SA80 with RIS).

UKF plan a number of new SA80 varients in their update to their weapons pack I believe.

I will probably post a new pic or two a bit later of a full MTP unit, (have to make it first!). The updated Thermal Imaging Maps are working on all units now.

EDIT: Can anyone confirm whether my units work with JUST OA running, (so without ARMA2), I have a feeling the classnames/inheritence means it won't work.

Edited by STALKERGB

Well co-incidentally I just made a custom mission using your units with my steam vers of arrowhead which is refusing to launch combined arms from my modlauncher. The units seemed to work fine with the exception of the LMG unit who is holding an invisible m249 (the classnames not working presumably). Apart from that though, I didn't notice any problems... they blend in beautifully too!!

I for one can't wait for full MTP and thermal maps! :D

Stalker would it be possible to make a variant of the light rifleman with the osprey armour? I watched some vids about 2 para in Afghanistan earlier on youtube, about 4-5 of them were wearing Osprey with T-shirts/tank tops etc.

Those pics look awesome, Makes me wanna get OA :(

Times are tough xD

Edited by Liam!!!!

"EDIT: Can anyone confirm whether my units work with JUST OA running, (so without ARMA2), I have a feeling the classnames/inheritence means it won't work."

nope for me it dont work, only the jackal is in the editor but there is no model when playing... :(

Stalker, with your units (and all other non OAH units) it appears you can't pickup the new OAH daysacks and carry them. Only the new US units can so I'm assuming theres some sort of config line in there that lets them do that, if that's the case it'd be good if you could add them to the next update so we can use them with your units.