Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

Ok I'll do my best to get the L129A1 finished too :)

Have been adding the groups into the config today, is there anything I should add as a group? the plan is to have:

Rifle Section (8 men)

Charlie Fireteam (4 men)

Delta Fireteam (4 men)

LRR Fireteam (2 men) - maybe a different name for this one, i dunno.

Ok I'll do my best to get the L129A1 finished too :)

Have been adding the groups into the config today, is there anything I should add as a group? the plan is to have:

Rifle Section (8 men)

Charlie Fireteam (4 men)

Delta Fireteam (4 men)

LRR Fireteam (2 men) - maybe a different name for this one, i dunno.

Also having a HQ team with Platoon Sgt, Platoon 2ic, Medic and HQ Rifleman (pretty much a lead scout) would be neat

Edited by DaveP

Hello everyone, I've finally got round to getting this release out of the door. Probably won't get much of a chance to update this anytime soon. Anyway...

British 3 Rifles MTP Version 1.3

V1.3

-Completely rebuilt/weighted upper body on ALL units.

-Consolidated textures so overall size of the addon is smaller.

-Added Crewman class.

-Added the L129A1 sharpshooter rifle (placeholder). Not very accurate to real life version but will do for now.

-Added Groups to config. Can be found under BLUFOR/UK ARMED FORCES/INFANTRY (STKR).

-Resized Mk 7 Helmet slightly.

-Replaced helmet strap to be more accurate.

-Replaced nearly all DPM with newer MTP pattern. DPM only found on smaller peripheral objects.

It would be great if any mirrors hosting this could update any corresponding pictures to the ones below (or in the first post) as the current ones no longer represent the mod any more. Cheers.

Probably worth noting that this addon requires OA or Combined Ops, just using ARMA2 will mean that this addon will not work. Before you install this mod, make sure you have deleted any older versions of my 3 Rifles to avoid any compatibility issues. The L129A1 is by no means accurate, its essentially a (very) hacked up SPR. Just added it as something to act as a placeholder until UKF (or anyone else) gets one done. Also the PBO is called STKR_Diemaco because I was planning on making a different addon when I started work on the L129A1, its not that I think Diemaco/Colt Canada make the L129A1.

#################################################

These units use the P:UKF Weapon pack which can be downloaded from HERE

Now that the L115A3 is a requirement you will also need the OOPz/UKF L115A3 addon

And as mentioned above, this requires OA or Combined Operations

#################################################

Right well here is the download link to the newest version:

STALKERGB's British 3 Rifles MTP V1.3 OA Addon

pic1s.jpg

Larger

pic2s.jpg

Larger

pic4s.jpg

Larger

pic3s.jpg

Larger

########CREDITS#########

-Suma (massive thanks) for allowing me to use my "traced" OA model parts.

-Protegimus for sending me the L129A1 sounds.

-JOHNNY for the source release of his Army SF, parts of textures/reference and model bits used.

-Sander for the Hybrid DPM

-SafetyCatch for the MTP Camo as seen in the SJB SAS Pack.

-P:UKF for being very helpful with classnames for weapons and reference.

-THANKS TO ANYONE ELSE WHO GAVE ME INFORMATION RELATING TO BRITISH FORCES YOU ARE TOO NUMEROUS TO NAME.

-If I have forgotten anyone, PM me and I'll stick you in here :)

-And obviously the whole of BIS.

-The rest was done by me STALKERGB.

Hope everyone enjoys.

STALKERGB/Matt

thanks! yall' need to make some awesome missions with these guys

Great stuff Matt, good job!

Is the download link supposed to be non-functional as of 21:49? :confused:

(as of 22:08 I could access it again, problem solved!)

Edited by DaveP

Wooo! Full MTP is here! Love it, nice job stalker :)

One question - was the desert trim on certain models body armour an intentional thing?

First class work!, thanks for the effort

Wooo! Full MTP is here! Love it, nice job stalker :)

One question - was the desert trim on certain models body armour an intentional thing?

Did you mean the Osprey Mk3 vests? (the ones in hybrid DPM), if so then yes, the only version I could find had a tan trim to them so thats what I added to my infantry.

Cheers for all the kind words guys!

EDIT: Just a quick side note, there is alot I'd still like to do with this addon, things I want to add etc but just haven't had time for, hopefully whenever I get a bit of free time I can do a little work on them. Main things like new rucksacks, more individuality between units and a couple new unit classes are future goals that with a bit of luck I can sort out over time. I'd like to get a desert DPM release out too but again, its gonna be worked on over a long period rather than me getting alot done in a short space of time (not that this release was quick lol)

Edited by STALKERGB

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks for answering my below questions :)

From the first post:

This is completely compatible with ALL OA's new features. So any site that has an OA release section can put these under there. There is a seperate config for people with just ARMA2 included.

Seeing the 1.3 archive which does not contain such config as far as I can see I assume this text is a leftover from a previous release? Just need to be sure so our Arma 2 only version mirror contains the correct version as well.

Link to Updated config for new UKF Weapons ARMA 2 Only

Is that a reworked config by you for their OA release so your Arma 2 version of these units will work with the latest version of that OA weapons pack?

Or, will the Arma 2 version of these units work with the original Arma 2 version of their weapons pack work as well?

Sorry for the questions, just want to be sure we are fully up to date.

Edited by Guest

Hey man,

YEah you are right about the first bit being leftover text, I'll change that ASAP.

The most recent release V1.3 should replace the OA version you hosted on Armaholic, the ARMA2 only version should remain as it is. I have not, and probably wont be, updating that any time soon.

The link to the UKF weapons config is for people who are using the ARMA2 ONLY version of my troops (the ones I linked above), UKF updated their ARMA2 weapons pack shortly after my v1.2 release.

So basically, the only thing that needed changing was the Brit MTP units in your OA section, just had a check and it looks like you have already done that so everything should be good to go.

EDIT: Oh and cheers for updating the picture on armaholic too!

Edited by STALKERGB

Will there be a desert version?

Maybe if I get round to doing one, the plan has always been to make a desert version but its kinda lower down on my to do list. The MTP does a decent job in desert environments for now though.

@Redders, lol its been ages since I have heard some say (well... write) waz!

Maybe if I get round to doing one, the plan has always been to make a desert version but its kinda lower down on my to do list. The MTP does a decent job in desert environments for now though.

@Redders, lol its been ages since I have heard some say (well... write) waz!

Or, a afghanistan version.

Or, a afghanistan version.

You're lookin at it

45151907.jpg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

I would be more than welcome to have a hack at retexturing it all to a more dusty 'desert-friendly' mtp

These units are the mutts nuts and placeholder or not I love the L129A1.