Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP

Units in the RG pack and in our new video.

ARMA 2: AH-64 Apache Helicopter Fallujah

Oh I have one question too, does anyone know what the class name is for the L129A1 and its ammo? Would be much appreciated if you could share.

I have one made actually. Can send it to you to look at if you want.

-edit-

Not sure if my replacement does so for the BAF MTP soldiers. Still, I have it if you want to take a look.

Edited by SuicideCommando

The forearm pockets are for padded inserts like the UBACS has, aren't they?

As for rolling the sleeves; it's not surprising that it's difficult, since the uniform was designed to be worn in the opposite way. :D

I think rhaggan's alluding to the fact that the Army have been in a bit of a tizz about some RSMs and/or COs, ordering their blokes to wear it rolled up and tucked in (like CS95) when the Chief of the General Staff (the boss of the Army) ordered everybody to wear it in the way that the Defence Clothing Team determined was the most functional way to wear it; having spent lots of tax payer's money in the process.

However, the RM have the right to take the opposite view and have done so (as has the RN I believe). So I guess you're stuck with a uniform that's 'faulty' through no real fault of the designers.

I send Matt a link to the Rifles' dress regs. (that they are kind enough to publish publicly on their part of the Army's website); which contains the CGS's instructions to the whole Army.

Worn tucked in with belt, I confirm :rolleyes: Good for showing off your Gerber though :p

I agree the velcro is OTT. But where else to stick your TRF/Dagger/ZAP/Blood Group(thats ignored)/Flag/Home Help/Sixer Badge?

Forearm "pockets" are for 50gram packets of Golden Virginia...

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Ah cheers for those pics da12th, should be helpful, mainly working on getting the angled pockets on the arms sorted, which as it turns out, is far more effort than I though it would be lol If I get round to sorting out the UBACS I'll do as you suggest an assume it's similar just with PCS sleeves/pockets.

As a thought. Would you think about the user being able to add their own TRF/Patches to the units like you could to the PUKF units back with OFP:R?

I will also extend an offer of any photos you require of MTP as a member of HM's finest!

It's the cavalry old boy. We don't pay cash ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

It's the cavalry old boy. We don't pay cash ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Please tell me you are NOT calling me Cav!

Worn tucked in with belt, I confirm :rolleyes: Good for showing off your Gerber though :p

Are you implying you pongos don't wear a belt anymore since your shirts are worn untucked? Or just around your combat jacket?

Standards man!

Matt, I hope you'll be removing all scrim net, rubber bands and green/tan tape from your units helmets to conform with the latest IBN on the matter. (I'm joking, for the love of God please don't.)

Are you implying you pongos don't wear a belt anymore since your shirts are worn untucked?

Paul is in The Andrew now bud. I know he hides it well with his username and the BADGER 2RTR avatar from those years in black.

Matt, I hope you'll be removing all scrim net, rubber bands and green/tan tape from your units helmets to conform with the latest IBN on the matter. (I'm joking, for the love of God please don't.)

I sent Matt some pics of the new Mk.7 helmet cover the other week (the one with the big wide bands of green elastic) and told him about that IBN - my advice was it'll probably be ignored by boots on the ground, but be prepared. :D

Whoops. Sig, seen! Effort snipes. :rolleyes: If he's a matelot then he should still be tucking it in and cracking a belt!

As for that IBN, from the looks of the phots coming back from in theatre, lads on the ground are chinning it off. As is anyone with common sense (or a sense of Allyness as Jonny would say!) Saying that, come next week I'll be furiously digging out my un-defiled helmet cover to replace the one I've taken the elastic off having been gripped by someone with a sad-on that in deepest darkest England the Taliban are going to shoot me in the face from over 9000!m because of some green tape.

Don't suppose you've seen the latest addition to the black bag have you mate? Strips of MTP to tie onto the elastic on helmet covers?

Don't suppose you've seen the latest addition to the black bag have you mate? Strips of MTP to tie onto the elastic on helmet covers?

IIRC there were a some tatty, frayed strips of MTP cloth strewn on the table in one of the pics I sent Matt of the new lid cover, yes.

Hopefully it's just something that came about through 'GEMS', and they sweep up the cuttings on the floor of the factory in China, or shred the uniforms that failed QC and surplus MTP CS95 for the scrim. I don't think I could bear it if someone at Defence Clothing actually sat down and thought "We need issued scrim!", let alone and got the MoD to spend money on producing threadbare bits of MTP cloth.

Please tell me you are NOT calling me Cav!

The People's Cav! Actually I was referring to my own regt - pink trouser brigade and brown hats, as Redders would call them ;)

@All, for anyone who can get them, I'd love some decent shots of MTP, I know there are tons of images with it on the web but I'm still bashing my head against the wall trying to get it looking right, as it stands my last attempt is looking like this but I've literally lost track of what I felt has looked better/worse etc lol. At the moment I'm re-doing all the the lower half as I'm not happy with it, might be annoying weighting it all but oh well! Once the "base" model is done, work should speed up. As da12th said, he PM'd me about the helmet stuff and although I'd rather have scrim/tape etc on helmets, if it turns out the regulation is followed I'll do the same. Won't change anything until there is a good amount of picture evidence though.

EDIT: Oh and the helmt will be changed too, needs a little tweak on the shape...

mtps.jpg

better quality if needed

mtp2s-1.jpg

better quality if needed

Beaut!

Although I can't offer reference, all I could say is that as awesome as your MTP pattern as of the last version is at fitting in on Woodland maps (the amount of times the section was split in dense forest and you'd end up walking over someone else!) it seems fairly dark compared to phots/experience of the real threads -I don't know whether this is just because of the relative difference of the lighting engine as opposed to real life or if MTP in the Middle Eastern theater is still worn-in so quick as compared to fresh kit but perhaps creating a version that's more uhh battle worn or just lighter could bridge the gap.

Of course, such a version would be wholly unsuited to woodland maps, so I guess it's either finding a compromise or having multiple offerings.

@All, for anyone who can get them, I'd love some decent shots of MTP, I know there are tons of images with it on the web but I'm still bashing my head against the wall trying to get it looking right.

What kind of phots are you after?

Pockets, Pattern?

What kind of phots are you after?

Pockets, Pattern?

Pattern I imagine - based on the chats I've had with him.

Best bet might be to see if somebody's got a spare MTP Bergen cover (cover rucksack large): Stretched out flat over a board or table (or a WMIK's spare wheel :D), and photographed with a high-megapixel camera, outside, in some nice diffuse light; they'd probably offer the best continuous 'swatch' of the pattern, without as many tailoring marks (like seams, pockets or hems) as you'd get interrupting the pattern on a piece of uniform.

Back in the day I did the same with a desert DPM bergen cover, and the results turned out quite well until I lost the SD card with the photos on (FFFFUUUUUUU... :mad:). IIRC the surface area of the DPM cover was large enough that the pattern started repeating - which might have allowed me to make a nice tile-able texture. Not sure if MTP has the same pattern density as DPM though so it might not repeat as often.

The new MTP basha may also be a good candidate (they're huge flat sheet of MTP-printed material after all), but depending on the material used, the colours might not match the uniform as well as the bergen cover appears to do. The colours on the old DPM bashas weren't a great match to the uniform - I guess because they were made of shiny nylon.

Best I can do is take a picture of a Jacket/Shirt back as I only have Jacket, shirts, trousers and daypack with me!

As da12th was saying, pattern is what I'm really after, one day what I make looks too multicam, the next day too DPM then next day "Ouch I should stop hitting my head against this wall!"

A front and back of the Jacket/shirt would be a big help if at all possible, preferably in the most neutral light you can find, although I suppose it's sort of the point, it's hard to find a definitive "colour" to MTP.

Anyway, any imagery people can provide is helpful, it all makes a difference :)

Beaut!

Although I can't offer reference, all I could say is that as awesome as your MTP pattern as of the last version is at fitting in on Woodland maps (the amount of times the section was split in dense forest and you'd end up walking over someone else!) it seems fairly dark compared to phots/experience of the real threads -I don't know whether this is just because of the relative difference of the lighting engine as opposed to real life or if MTP in the Middle Eastern theater is still worn-in so quick as compared to fresh kit but perhaps creating a version that's more uhh battle worn or just lighter could bridge the gap.

Of course, such a version would be wholly unsuited to woodland maps, so I guess it's either finding a compromise or having multiple offerings.

It seems from what I have seen that Afghanistan just rips the shit out of uniforms quickly. The amount of fade on CADPAT uniforms for instance can't be explained away by lighting differences between Arma-world and real-world, given the visible differences in real world photographs.

Possibly, if StalkerGB really wanted to put in the effort for that authentic 'bit extra,' it would be possible to manipulate the new texture into a "Woodland" and "Arid" version, and you could cap it off by adding more mud and temperate debris onto the temperate variant, more dust and assorted shite onto the arid. Kinda defeats the purpose, since MTP was supposed to be universal but one could also have a different arrangement of kit, possibly gearing the temperate guys up for colder climates and thus filling a gap in the BAF DLC: no rolled up sleeves and short sleeves in autumn Chernarus, for instance.

'Course, that's twice as much work for him and I don't have the skills to offer to help.

As da12th was saying, pattern is what I'm really after, one day what I make looks too multicam, the next day too DPM then next day "Ouch I should stop hitting my head against this wall!"

A front and back of the Jacket/shirt would be a big help if at all possible, preferably in the most neutral light you can find, although I suppose it's sort of the point, it's hard to find a definitive "colour" to MTP.

Anyway, any imagery people can provide is helpful, it all makes a difference :)

I'll take some phots and try and email them off at the weekend. PM me an address mate.

I'll take some phots and try and email them off at the weekend. PM me an address mate.

PM Sent matey,

@AKM, yeah I have thought about this, like you say, I would have a ton of extra work to do for this, hmm, who knows, I'll see what I can manage lol