Sign in to follow this  
Boris_Balzer

�овиград Novigrad

Ðовиград Novigrad

Hi mates,

Yesterday I started a new project. It's the region around Chernarus and a large scale map of ca. 2500km²

Here a little foretast of the dimension

Olala.jpg

Planed is the release as part of USSR (cold-war-era) and one Chernarus nowaday a little bit modernised.

Also this will have a large scale capitol city with a national airport, 2 mitlitary airbases and a naval base of the green sea float. ;)

Edited by Boris_Balzer

Chernarus is very well made but it missed a big city and Chernogorsk could have filled that role with more residential buildings instead of that big ass factory which is half the town.

I always wanted to see a nice detailed Novigrad,the place where big decisions are being made in Chernarus:D,best of luck with the project.

I think there's Novigrad in Arrowhead? Please check?

no, there is just Zargabad, Takistan, and "desert" which do not include novigrad.

looks good!

excuse me if i misunderstood anything, but what are the dimensions of the map in km?

because if it has a total area of 250km^2, and one side of the map is 50 km, wouldn't the other side of the map be 5km long :confused:

The same like that what we from Chernarus know maybe to the east it will a little bit dryer vegetation be but at the moment I just work on the terraforming.

Very cool! I like the fact that you are staying in chernarus and just making an expansion of it.

Excellent looking Island, very impressive.

Good luck, cant wait to see it.

I hope you put your heart into getting the map released. Many good missions can be based there. Assembling a team to fill different sectors of the map would be a welcome move for quality and speed.

Man, I wish you good luck with this, it needs a helluvalotof ambitions to make it. Hope to have some full-scale war in the area in time :)

Will this island include the standart island? or will you recreate everythink?

Like this idea, iam a big fan of this real world islands, they have so much potential instead of this cracy fictinal stuff

Chernarus is very well made but it missed a big city and Chernogorsk could have filled that role with more residential buildings instead of that big ass factory which is half the town.

I always wanted to see a nice detailed Novigrad,the place where big decisions are being made in Chernarus, best of luck with the project.

Well said. ;)

Would be good to see the foliage in summer or winter color. Guess that the later will have a better performance. Anyway make it look natural but dont put too many objects on it - leave something for the mission makers to design. And be sure that the AI "can get there!" :)

I hope you put your heart into getting the map released. Many good missions can be based there. Assembling a team to fill different sectors of the map would be a welcome move for quality and speed.

This for a long long time in my mind. I'll give my best!!!;)

And if I get any problems I think here I'll find a lot of helping hands.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Will this island include the standart island? or will you recreate everythink?

Like this idea, iam a big fan of this real world islands, they have so much potential instead of this cracy fictinal stuff

Standart island will be not included.

Awesome! Can't wait!

Good luck to you!!

Don't forget about that Heineken I will owe you.

May it be a light to you when all other lights go out 'n shiz.

although i hate to see a dead thread get dug up ( im sure a moderator will have something to say about that) i would really liek to know if this one is dead or not.

Big urban environment would be pretty sweet, if every building was enterable like in Takistan. That would add all new apects of gameplay I think, but then again, that would require remake of all current buildings, which I dont see happening...

But in any case, I would also like to know how this project is going. :)