Heatseeker

A2 after Arrowhead..

What will you use?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. What will you use?

• Arma 2 plus Op. Arrowhead.
    • Op. Arrowhead only.
    • Arma 2 only..

I'll be using both so I can use good old Chernarus because I can see the desert maps getting boring quite quick

Yea, unless we get some nice islands as D... er... :yay:

:cool:

Sure, but I won't use A2 content anymore :)

Xeno

Does this mean that Xeno missions like Domination and mods like ACE will switch to OA-only support from now on?

Yea, unless we get some nice islands as D... er... :yay:

:cool:

I will accept 'Desert Island' as a valid end to that sentence. :p

I was planning on doing a full install from scratch, wiping A2, then reinstalling it, then installing OA over the top, but do i need to patch A2 up to 1.5 before installing OA ?

I have had that many mods,custom missions and the like installed, in the past, i am doubtful that they were all removed properly, so i would rather wipe it all and start again from a clean slate.

I was planning on doing a full install from scratch, wiping A2, then reinstalling it, then installing OA over the top, but do i need to patch A2 up to 1.5 before installing OA ?

I have had that many mods,custom missions and the like installed, in the past, i am doubtful that they were all removed properly, so i would rather wipe it all and start again from a clean slate.

I am beginning to be glad that I don't have the computer skills to have installed all the mods and add-ons now. Ignorance could be bliss for once :yay:

I am beginning to be glad that I don't have the computer skills to have installed all the mods and add-ons now. Ignorance could be bliss for once :yay:

erm only if you put your mods in the "Addons" folder (self-pwnt).

For anyone that used modfolders, I see no issue :eh:

-A2 vehicles wont fully support FLIR, and OA provides plenty enough to make up for it.

The A2 UAV will apparently get the new FLIR, which according to devs makes it more useful in the A2 campaign(hopefully it has become easier to control as well, been a long time since I used it)

I probably wont use A2 anymore and wont bother reinstalling it...

-Chernarus performs very bad in some areas and as a war zone i just dont like it.

-A2 vehicles wont fully support FLIR, and OA provides plenty enough to make up for it.

-A2 vehicles might not get some enhancements from OA, like counter measures, etc.

-A2 weapons might not use the new enhancements (adjustable scope, tac lights).

-I dont like the CDF, NAPA or the comunist insurgents, so good ridance to them.

I think i just dont want A2 in my soon to be Arrowhead instalation :) .

And you know this for sure becuause?

Last i heard ArmA 2 units will be upgraded to be seen by FLIR etc same with the counter mesures i think BIS even said playing the Harvest Red Campaign is like a differnt experience with the new things!

Edited by MattXR

I'm pretty sure that Arma 2's units will only show up completely white in FLIR unless someone changes it, because they're lacking the configuring that OA's will have in order for them to work properly.

Both of course!!! Russia has plans for Takistan and will not allow the U.S to interfere with those plans! :man3: :681:

I have one simple question: will it be possible to integrate Arma 2 content into OA later or I will have to reinstall OA to inegrate Arma 2 ?

Both of course!!! Russia has plans for Takistan and will not allow the U.S to interfere with those plans! :man3: :681:

Didnt Rambo kick Russia out of Takistan a while ago? :confused: .

Didnt Rambo kick Russia out of Takistan a while ago? :confused: .

Ramboing doesnt work in Arma 2 doooh...:j:

JK:shine:

While I'm looking forward to operating in Takistan, I can definitely see myself getting fairly bored of the desert location pretty quickly. It's the urban environments I'm most looking forward to.

Can't wait to utilise some of the new toys back in South Zagoria!

Arma 2 plus Op. Arrowhead. But I say that now, before I have tested OA. So who knows.

There is still a lot of fights left in Chernarus for me, hell, even Utes :p Takistan will miss a lot of the deep forest fights I love in Chernarus. I'm also fairly old school oriented, meaning that I prefer (fair) fights using the iron sighted M16A2 with no NVGs (means inaccurate AI), versus the digital hardware oriented battlefield of today. Hopefully some of the Arma2 content will be upgraded to support OA features eventually, either by BIS, or by BIS releasing the needed stuff so addon makers can do it.

For fights in the city, I'm hoping that the small OA map will provide what is needed (similar to Porto) by being small and efficient and full of enterable houses to search. For that, the towns of Chernarus are just too resource demanding.

I know I'm gonna love the new content, and use that, but I have too many unspoken issues with the russians to just let them go :D

If you are sure - whats the point? Nobody forces you to use A2 or OA or both anyway... :rolleyes:

MP server operators, Clans and Community's will continue to decide what online experience you are too receive:p.

Will operators be able to maintain Arma II and OA server instances together, i can see A2 servers playing the little brother to the abundance of OA instances incoming ;)

As in the past history servers fade out with the past games after the upgrade releases .....If you want the latest and the best I would recommend to get OA as there won't be many servers left online that will not be running OA and arma 2 on the same servers... A server admin would be mad not too.

Going to take a few days into weeks before you will see any new missions to be added for OA and not to mention mixed standard addon missions that will also be coming out aswell....

Going to be interesting how the outcome is going to come out and the future of Arma 2 .... this will be seen in the next few months starting with July

Edited by [OGN]DarkPhantom

SnR of course those people who want to be ruled will and shall be ruled!! :cylon:

But those who resist may have some more fun with OA and A2...

Resistance units for random public players :yay:

For me the Chernarus map is much more appealing than just another desert map. Tank and Helo-rushing does not work in Chernarus, thats why its the perfact warfare map. It will survivie without a doubt...we will see the US Army soon on Chernarus...im sure.

You may even have notived that olive drab Bradleys abd Strykers will come with OA...they fit well into Chernarus.

At the CIT I would probably need to access vanilla A2 if 1.06 get postponed after OA release. Or people that want to check fixes backported from OA to A2.

As I read somewhere, the arma2 content will be copied into OA installation directory during the installation process itself, if wanted.

So, A2 will live its own way alone as if nothing has happened. Is that right?