Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

Is there a way to make 2 default options faces to chosse beteween in config.hpp? (A standard white and a black face?)

Very weird to be a black guy in game and when wear a mask i became a white russian guy. Its like being Michael jackson :\

A lot of content no longer exist, that's true.

But... and that's the main problem, some OA features don't work with the "old" A2 content anymore or work only with restrictions.

One example, the new OA backpack system... try to use a backpack with a USMC unit. FLIR looks more than ugly with A2 content... and so on.

Xeno

Stop posting here and get cracking on solving those issues so that ACE comes to OA :)

Please forgive me but i am very new to ARMA mods. I have tried several times to get this mod to work. I seem to be missing something. I am using the Steam version and i have followed the directions but i am still unsuccessful.

I was wondering if someone with experience would be so kind as to guide me through the process as i have hit a road block. I sincerely apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in.

Thank you.

Could you tell us where you are in the process? This will help us understand how better to help you. :)

A lot of content no longer exist, that's true.

But... and that's the main problem, some OA features don't work with the "old" A2 content anymore or work only with restrictions.

One example, the new OA backpack system... try to use a backpack with a USMC unit. FLIR looks more than ugly with A2 content... and so on.

Xeno

Will BI allow you to bring vehicle/character models from arma2 to OA as part of a mod? Or is there some legal issue with that?

Will BI allow you to bring vehicle/character models from arma2 to OA as part of a mod? Or is there some legal issue with that?

Might be some legal issues because BIS is planning to release DLC's.

All i want is better sound. I am very happy with the content of OA.

The amount of "complaining" is way down compared to what it used to be, so doubt it was because of that. No matter, Sickboy chose to leave quietly and we should respect that and him. The best way I can think of is to support ACE with good thoughts and feedback during their transition to OA.

It seems Xeno has stepped in as spokesman for ACE. My best wishes to him on taking on a very hard job.

Bravo to you Evil_Echo... great thought. Thanks to all that devote their time to helping others....

Might be some legal issues because BIS is planning to release DLC's.

All i want is better sound. I am very happy with the content of OA.

I seriously doubt there are any legal issues, because they have not been expressed by BIS.

Conjecture is a bad thing.

Did CAA1 have legal issues? I've heard some talk about it but nothing I could draw actual conclusions from...

I was playing around in the editor and stumbled upon different variants of the Mk16 ( Scar )

I forgot to save the layout so i repeated the whole thing. Now i can only find two Scar rifles in the boxes. Does anybody have an idea where they could have went? I have put all boxes on the ground. The Scars were in the magic box btw.

I was playing around in the editor and stumbled upon different variants of the Mk16 ( Scar )

I forgot to save the layout so i repeated the whole thing. Now i can only find two Scar rifles in the boxes. Does anybody have an idea where they could have went? I have put all boxes on the ground. The Scars were in the magic box btw.

Did you change the faction of the player the second you looked? Not sure if it still matters but it used to unless you "unlocked" that feature via the boxes init line.

Hey guys, I'm having major issues with the six updater GUI. I understand that a DOS style box opens up, then a web page follows, unfortunately, it gets as far as opening the web page, then says access denied.

My OS is XP SP3, and I've not had problems installing mods in the past, but this one has really baffled me, any help would be appreciated.

Did you change the faction of the player the second you looked? Not sure if it still matters but it used to unless you "unlocked" that feature via the boxes init line.

I was using the Navy soldiers, is used another team AOR2 instead of AOR1, but that shouldn't have locked them out?

I switched between Navy, USMC and US Army Soldiers, only had the two CQC versions left. Even tried out one CDF soldier, some weapons changed, but still had only two CQC Scars.

€: switched to AOR1, the guns are back. Weird?

Edited by Enforcer1975

Hey guys, I'm having major issues with the six updater GUI. I understand that a DOS style box opens up, then a web page follows, unfortunately, it gets as far as opening the web page, then says access denied.

My OS is XP SP3, and I've not had problems installing mods in the past, but this one has really baffled me, any help would be appreciated.

Make sure your browser allows access to localhost. Some have that off by default.

Make sure your browser allows access to localhost. Some have that off by default.

Ah, sorted. Turns out, Google was not set as my default web browser, it works now. Thank you.

Have narrowed down a problem to ACE, it works fine with vanilla ArmA.

Most of the time i ctd when firing AA ( shoulder or vehicle mounted doesn't matter ).

wow after playing OA for a couple of days Ive realized how dependent I was for ACE. I cant do anything now in OA :-). I can run all day with loads of equipment, cant rest my site on anything. Yikes I feel like a super hero now. I hope we get ACE back soon.

ACE 1.3 - Might be the last Stable for A2.

ACE 1.5 - "Starting" at Arrowhead ONLY? No Combined Ops support, or it might work with ACE 1.5+ ?

ACE 2 for OA is on the way...

If everything goes well you may see the first beta allready next Friday, no promises though.

Xeno

Alright, I've installed patch 1.05 to 1.07 for Arma 2, but when I run it through ACE mod, it says that I'm still using the version 1.05. I did use Six updater to check updates for ACE, but it still doesnt seem to be working.

Now, it works perfectly fine if I use Arma 2 without ACE mod, identifying the version as 1.07, so how do I get it to work?

I think I might need to modify the shortcut that activates the ACE mod, what am I supposed to put into it?

ACE 1.5 - "Starting" at Arrowhead ONLY? No Combined Ops support, or it might work with ACE 1.5+ ?

Yeah that's what is really starting to scare me. If ACE becomes OA only then I predict a lot of people rage-quitting. The greatest thing about OA is how it's supposed to combine with A2. Ditching A2 completely would not be a good choice at all, and would have serious repercussions. :plain:

If ACE becomes OA only then I predict a lot of people rage-quitting.

What about the OA only guys ?

The problem simply is that we (like any other mod that does a full conversation) have to make two versions to support those with ArmA 2 and OA and those who only have OA.

Beside that, the ArmA 2 models are not really on par with the OA models, sadly.

Let's see what happens. One thing is for sure, there will be no more support for ArmA 2 alone.

Xeno

So pretty much we'd have two downloads of ACE and we'd simply switch between them by if we're playing OA or A2?

What about the OA only guys ?

For a few dollars/euros more they could have bought Combined Ops. It's a great deal and smart investment. There's really no reason to own OA standalone. Go ahead and flame me, but it's true. Anyone without both is missing out big time.

The problem simply is that we (like any other mod that does a full conversation) have to make two versions to support those with ArmA 2 and OA and those who only have OA.

Quite true, but I know you guys are magicians :p

In all seriousness though, most the work has been done by you guys already. It would just be a matter of removing obsolete content (as I see you are working on atm) and hiding duplicate classes/tweaking configs. I mean who wants an A10 in their US Army and USMC faction? :rolleyes:

Beside that, the ArmA 2 models are not really on par with the OA models, sadly.

Also true, but my major concern is that no CO support would dump a years worth of missions along with the best island straight into the trash. It would be sad to go out of your way to drive everything A2 to an early grave.

Let's see what happens. One thing is for sure, there will be no more support for ArmA 2 alone.

Stopping A2-only support with 1.3 makes perfect sense. I just hope that moving forward there is support for the two products combined, as that was a huge feature pushed by BIS. I beg you to step back and think about it, before making any decisions that could have potentially nasty consequences.

Not trying to be argumentative here, just heavily concerned about the future ;)

-Animal

:pet5:

buy_me.jpg