Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Bigstone: floating trees are only present on a very old beta map of Lingor. I recommend you full reinstall from official site. Also check other active mod folder if there is some old build hidden in there ;)

Icebreaker: I've been dying to try Lingor and now that Lightspeed has just re-released his GR campaign I think it's the perfect opportunity. However I seem to remember you saying that you're working on some bug fixes for Lingor. Do you have a rough timeline (days? weeks? months?) on the release date for those bugfixes?

Don't take it the wrong way, I too became a father only a couple of months ago so I understand the pressures (nappies, sleepless nights, etc.)

@domukun:

We almost completed the GR campaign (coop) and were not able to detect any problems related to the island.

Also, this island is at version 1.1 at the moment, so the few "major" ones are resolved since then.

You will be impressed how much love for details is integrated in this island.

I still cant find the 6th stone. Google translate just makes it harder, opposite of Ice's hint. Feeling dimwitted...

Which stone did you find last and where?

domokun: 1.1 is the latest with many bugfixes (inc. jungle sounds locality to Lingor only).

What are all these secrets on your Island everyone keeps talking about IceBreakr? I'm intrigued :D

Ghost Recon:IT - ACE2 version1 - (thanks to silent_op.pxs for this conversion)

http://www.zshare.net/download/87975869900c638b/

-revive

-respawn

-ACE2 wounding system

-ACE2 markers off

-ACE2 weapons added to the helicopters

-ACE2 backpack system with PXS packed kits

-----

@ Infamous - check near the airport on the main island NE - there is a riddle which starts there - the clues are written on a rock. That will point you to the next clue (rock) etc and take you on a trip around the island. ;)

Well I finally dove back into the development of the website and services as intended after another hiatus. Thanks to the fine developers of this quality addon to ARMA II. We are now running a dedicated GR:IT server.

That is what is intended.... However, I need some help reviving a once famed community and bringing some new features to bare. Lingor is the perfect choice! Heres' the rub.

No config is running ATM.. I've been around a long time as a player ( other names) I've even got the silver bullet from opflash first release!

But I've just started again to try to get into making and hosting missions. That is where I usually get stuck. I've never been skilled there... even with a web coding background, ARMA intimidates me way too much.

If any of you guys would like to help me with a proper set of configs files I currently need a few new friends in the Community!

I'd love to play the GR missions and get some feedback on my system.

I saw a server for arma for 59 GBP That ran an Athlon X2 6000 with 4 GB of RAM blah blah...

The server I have to run it has an X2 6400 and 8 GB. I have nominal 10Mbps down and 4Mbps up ( speeds up to 30Mbps down and 6Mbps up)

So I figured, what the hey right? LINGOR! I have That GR game... and I have been thinking about Novalogic titles and their missions too... How that style can be brought back!

I just nabbed this ACE item too... So I'll say thanks for that development!

Currently the server runs WarFX Blastcore, et al. ACE2 SOUND MOD ONLY. and ALL LINGOR Essentials. I do have DAOv.30 which a series of ballistics and sound adjustments running also as we are a DAO.nu Collaboration Site and will also run a US Valhalla Server soon ( that's why the DAO mod) I can fix this though

Best bet to contact me is to become a member of the site and use its comms or use the email address i have on the account here.

I have been developing some new tactical gaming community tools that Coop Mission planning with friends just might help out with.

Thanks again for Lingor! Thanks again for everything!

-

@ Infamous - check near the airport on the main island NE - there is a riddle which starts there - the clues are written on a rock. That will point you to the next clue (rock) etc and take you on a trip around the island. ;)

Thanks mate, I'll check it out soon :D

Edit - I found it, but the clue was no help whatsoever! Can anyone give me a hint towards it lol.

Edited by Infam0us

Can anyone give me a hint towards it lol.

The stone says "A town where animal green is the name truly within". Fauna verde sort of means animal green ;)

The stone says "A town where animal green is the name truly within". Fauna verde sort of means animal green ;)

I shall continue on my quest,

To the littlebird! :cool:

I found it, Ice. A great little game :) thx

I love this island

As submitted for Duala, here's the one for Lingor:

This config gives some more useful grids.

For maps you have 6 digits (accuracy: 100 x 100 m) or, when zooming out the map, 4 digits (1000 x 1000 m) grids.

The GPS (or ACE DAGR) will show you more accurate coordonates with 8 digits (10 x 10m).

class Grid : Grid {
		class Zoom1 {
			zoomMax = 0.0001;
			format = "XY";
			formatX = "0000";
			formatY = "0000";
			stepX = 10;
			stepY = -10;
		};

class Zoom2 {
			zoomMax = 0.2;
			format = "XY";
			formatX = "000";
			formatY = "000";
			stepX = 100;
			stepY = -100;
		};

class Zoom3 {
			zoomMax = 1;
			format = "XY";
			formatX = "00";
			formatY = "00";
			stepX = 1000;
			stepY = -1000;
		};
	};

Edited by Robalo_AS
corrected source, ready to be binarized correctly :)

Well I have to admit defeat. I cant find the sixth stone in the riddle. I followed all the clues that i had picked up and I must have looked all over the map at a number of areas that could be

south east of the two rivers meeting

and have come up with nothing but a nice experience trekking thru the landscape.

Any hints feel free to PM me.

Ice, this island is amazing!

just a small question

what model did you use for the policeman? with the shirt tucked in and no vest?

i cant find him in the arma1 sample models

Its not BIS model, its Vilas' work.

sv5000 and all others seeking the last stone:

There's a place called Rio Lana SW of Corazon. Inspect the bushes there on the same river bank ;) with that final hit you need to revisit all stones in right order (they are marked I - VI) and you'll get a special coordinate for an ancient secret location of the visitors...

Robalo: I'll update Lingor (substantial upgrade, new infrastructure idea) and also Duala. When? Dunno yet...

Edited by IceBreakr

The truth is out there.....its on Lingor!

xfiles2011821.jpg

:cool:

07xxxx is the right one.... it should be well hidden.

I still accept requests from mission makers to:

- maybe add something

- change a place that you don't like

- renew a place that feels a bit strange

Maybe not for this island but for the next one maybe. Cliffs. With nice and deep ravines. On most of the maps that are out you can normaly just walk down and not have to bypass anything. It would be nice to have to think how to get to a target instead of a straight line.

Love the maps please keep up the hard work.

I still accept requests from mission makers to:

- maybe add something

- change a place that you don't like

- renew a place that feels a bit strange

[trolling]

The entire map has too much of a realistic feeling to it. Should tone it down a bit

[/trolling]