Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

My clients get an error on loading (IBR_LCIVILIAN_PATCH) not found. You can press OK and it goes into the mission fine. Civilians don't appear to be working as they should though.

I've already ran this by Icebreakr via email. He pointed me to the Lingor Units, specifically ibr_lcivilians.pbo.

Problem is, all the Units files are the exact ones (date and file size) that I have in my @lingor\addons on the server and on my client. I added them when I first installed.

I placed the Ambient Civilian (Expansion) module but it is not producing any protestors or otherwise civilians to be noted. There are some, but they stand around cowering. Not throwing rocks etc.

I do also have the regular Ambient Civilians module implemented, which is why I think I have the ones that I do.

I'm assuming something is wrong on install?

Saint

Crimson Saints

The Playground running Lingor Island 1.1 24x7 w/mods

(www.crimsonsaints.com)

First of all, I want to thank you for making such a f'in beautiful island map, and sharing it with us. I just love this place. Can't get enough of it.

But at the moment, I'm getting this error message at mission startup - in the form of a beep and hint - that pops up when my friends hosts us on a listen server:

"non AI or player vehicle"

I'm not sure what it means. I have some empty vehicles placed around the map, but I always do that and I've never seen this message before.

(it's not a 'standard' mission. it's a sandbox kind of thing, where I am simply spawning enemy groups as we roam around the map)

Any ideas on what I've done wrong? I totally admit that I have no idea if it is related to or caused by Lingor in any way. And I don't want to waste anyone's time. I just don't know what's wrong and I'm looking for help.

Seems to be something with the mission you are playing, not Lingor. Can't really help much without knowing what the actual mission is, but in any case, I highly doubt the island itself is generating such a message.

some missions for Lingor - this is the beta release of the first 6 missions of Ghost Recon: Island Thunder in Arma2 (i think mission 6 may still have upsmon error checking still running too) - plz pm with issues you find.

These missions are built for SP and 7 player coop (compatible with dedicated server)

Things to note:

1. Revives are set to 1 only at this stage.

2. Each player has one heal and one revive except Medic who has 8 revives.

3. In MP - number of revives can be changed in Parameters.

4. The Leader only has 2 revives max regardless of parmaters change (if your leader requires more then 2 revives the mission will end)

5. You will need Lingor 1.1 and Lingor Units v1.0

See how it goes - difficult enuf, too easy, etc.

Download - http://www.filefront.com/17895774/Arma2_Island_Thunder.rar

Meanwhile, I will finish off the other 4 missions that will make up the rest of this campaign.

Lighty.

(hope you dont mind me posting this here Ice - if so lemme know)

Hello!

Sorry if for the noobian question, but does the ai's view get blocked by plants and grass on this island?

to a degree yes - but once spotted the AI will do a pretty good job of trying to flank your last known position.

until you engage if you move carefully you can travel and not be spotted - once you are spotted or engage you must relocate or AI will flank you last known position and lay suppressive fire on that position.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

beta test mission for lingor - ghost recon island thunder - 7player coop/sp

http://www.filefront.com/17861314/c07_GRIT_mis1_v1-0.lingor.pbo

you need mike barts hemp, snakes n adders and croc addons to test -

you wont need snakes n adders or croc addon for next release

Where do I get the hemp? :confused: I found a version 2 on the net from 2008 I think, but I can't see it in my editor.

Thank you sir. Once again, I learn not to assume. I had seen that one, but just figured I was looking for something newer than the version2 I had issues with.

Hi Guys anyone know of a way to stop vehicles spawning at the Airports ?

I am using the Module and can see I can use Blacklist but i need the Object Ref for the Airport as it uses objects any idea , as i get a lot of Vehicles @ my base

BIS_silvie_mainscope setvariable ["blackList",["????????"]];

Thanks

try Mission Editing and Scripting forums - you will find the answer there im certain.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

ok for those who are looking for some Lingor missions - i have officially release Ghost Recon:Island Thunder for SP/7-man MP COOP.

View Trailer and Download here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1830448#post1830448

Please post issues and comments in that thread.

And thanks again to Icebreakr, the genius, for Lingor.

Hello, I seem to have a big problem with your awesome island. Well, when I load the map to editor then it shows the following message:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgModels.default'.

all the time and whenever I try to save or start mission.

I'm using also lingor units and everything is used togeather with ACE. Any idea what's wrong with my install? Big thanks!

Broken file(s) in the downloads from armaholic, data error on file lingor.pbo

Same from Armed Assault site.

Extracting @lingor\readme_lingor.txt OK

Extracting @lingor\serverkeys\CHN.bikey OK

Extracting @lingor\serverkeys\ibr.bikey OK

Extracting @lingor\serverkeys\lingor10.bikey OK

Extracting @lingor\serverkeys\lingor11.bikey OK

Extracting @lingor\serverkeys\MBG_B2.bikey OK

Extracting @lingor\addons\lingor.pbo.lingor11.bisign OK

Extracting @lingor\addons\lingor_objects.pbo.lingor11.bisign OK

Extracting @lingor\addons\lingor_roads.pbo.lingor11.bisign OK

Extracting @lingor\addons\lingor_sounds.pbo.lingor11.bisign OK

Extracting @lingor\addons\lingor.pbo Data error

Edited by Slammer121
more info

well used the official links to the DL, it's the DL that is corrupt, done other DL's from them site before and after this DL. The package coming thrue corrupt. Just inform u about it.

DL size from any official link 144mb, it says on Ice site 146 mb, might be a problem

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Got it to work, the one from http://www.icebreakr.info/files/lingor_v11.7z do works, rest is broke

Edited by Slammer121

@mati140

I am getting the same error. I loaded another map (Chernarus), found that loaded ok. I then went back to lingor and this time it loaded and let me play.

I did get the same message halfway across the map in my helicopter, but then didnt see it again in that session.

Not sure if that explains anything or helps.

Thanks

Frosty

Edited by Rough Knight

Are you using the specific pack from Mondkalb's MBG Buildings 2 (note: you only need two files: mbg_buildings_2.pbo and mbg_buildings_2.pbo.MBG_B2.bisign)

instead of using either the wrong pack or both packs included with MBG Buildings that might be causing the conflict. Maybe a suggestion? -Shrugs-

Just for your information, I have tested both Armaholic mirrors and both download, extract and open just fine. No errors at all. :confused:

So, I am not sure where you get this problem from, maybe its your connection playing up? Thats weird though as the original mirror works fine.

Anyway, just thought I should inform I did test it after IceBreakr informed me of your issues. ;)

I think my issue is not with the source I downloaded it from. I assumed it was from my configuration [perhaps launcher] somehow.

As I mentioned after the bin.config error, if I load another map in the editor then go back to lingor, although I still get the config error, it will now allow me to play?

I will investigate some more and feedback when I get a chance.

Thanks

Frosty

Got the muther******! I found lingor incompatible with... now fasten your seatbelts... A319mpa & A320mpa form Philip Taylor (converted to AA2 by Konyo). Once disabled, everything has started to work. Thanks for help guys!

PS: Where did you get F/A-18 IceBreakr?

Edited by mati140

F/A-18 is not included in any of my project (and probably won't be in any near future). Its ANZACs project (work in progress).