Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

this is getting so popular and wanted i allready smell a

Arma 2 - JungleWars SKIDROW

watch our for robbers !;-)

Haha I could just live with the Predator Addon!

Then this isn't the thread you want :P Since it's someone entirely different who is making those. He just happens to be releasing it with the Island to help Ice out with his release and Island story ^^

^^ I can wait. This island is like a fine wine :P Gets better the longer you wait for it to mature. I see no different here ;)

So I hate to ask this::

brace.............bracing for question...

Is there a new release date for the Lingor?

well lets see. it's past the 21st, he obviously needs more time. whats so hard to understand?

So I hate to ask this::

brace.............bracing for question...

Is there a new release date for the Lingor?

It comes out when it comes out. Not that hard to understand.

Some of you people are worse than preteen girls at a Bieber concert.

well lets see. it's past the 21st' date=' he obviously needs more time. whats so hard to understand?[/quote']

Not a matter of understanding anything wise one, just wondering if there was a new date so I could be home for it.:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

It comes out when it comes out. Not that hard to understand.

Some of you people are worse than preteen girls at a Bieber concert.

Posts like these are a real contribution to the forums, it willl subsequently influence my posting habits.

Think he'll let you all die ^^ Take it easy and be happy you'll get it when you do :P Gotta remember, he's doing it for free and on his own free time. He's being nice enough to make it for us so let him have all the time he wants without the demands and constant 'When is the new release date' please? ^^

Oh-rah Ice ^^ Hope things being kind to ya and things aren't Being trouble ^^

you don't understand, if WE dont get this island NOW, we will will die!

Just stop bugging him.

When the Island is out you will all be happy, just let him finish it up and get everything in place.

Take your time Ice, I can't wait for this amazing island! :)

you don't understand, if WE dont get this island NOW, we will will die!

for the sake of the entire world...... i hope he waits just long enough for you to expire.

I want thank everyone who has worked on this project. Thanks for taking the time out of your life.

Hehe. Don't worry, Eddie's is normally the best on the internet, I guess Chemo must be screwing with it. ;)

i d/loaded the beta version of the map last nite to have a look at it and was getting some serious plant lod issues -

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/8249/lodissue.jpg

was this same for everyone else, or issue at my end? (i know that all the lods weren't done for the beta but the fluorescent green lods are surprising me)

i just did a test and noticed if i set object detail to high from very high the fluro green disappeared.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

Oh man wld247, thanks for the laughter :)

As you probably noticed I and the rest of the guys are not done with the work. Lightspeed: I've released that beta ages ago and its like 5% of the island that now is :)

As I've said, I'll release the island once everything is ready and tested. The release has been planned for the previous week (I'm sorry to raise your hopes up that way) and things didn't go according the plan, although I've been pushing it on the max. And we're still not done, but just few hours of work need to be done.

Eddie is right, people just "want want want" but nobody gives a shit that you spend 100 hours+ and get nothing in return while everything else suffers. I've also wanted for my hobby to become "more than just a hobby" for the past few months but I guess it will remain what it is.

And therefor Lingor is considered one of my last "big" projects. I just can't afford another 6 months of hard work, pressure and keeping things suffering because of it.

I'll stay within the community, but spend considerable less time working instead of playing. With all the DLCs planned I'll rather give that 5$ and have fun with my guys (SBP Team) and do Coop & TvT on our locked dedicated server. And in cahoot with other teams that are organized in the same way. So expect more missions and less islands ;)

Ok back to Lingor project. As I've mentioned - island is in final stages of preparation and its more v1.0 than any beta right now. As an island maker I still do a lot of config work, oxygen model editing and textures and stuff like that. I've been in graphics and gaming business for more than 15 years+. But I still need A LOT of "outsourced" help, because of all the limited tools. primarily. Good thing is that community has talented people (Mikero, T_D, kju, SgtAce, Shezan74, rstratton, NZDF_Crash just to name few) who took their precious time and provided support and help to get across the "barriers". Without them there would be no Panthera, no Duala, no Jade Groove and no Lingor ;)

So, please wait for a bit more and have more understading that projects like Lingor are created in a person's "free-time". We are playing beta builds for months now and I can assure you that you'll get a nice package - all for free, that gives Arma2 players 50+ hours of extra playing time and new challenges and mission ideas for talented mission makers out there. And not to mention, attracts new buyers of BIS's game ;)

Sorry for any typos.

Release date? When its done.

Take all the time you need, and put life ahead of modding. I'd say..

But so far, everything I've heard/seen is awesome. I could wait another month with the current info. Thanks ice :)

May this coolface encourage you: :cool:

yah, i agree you have been pumping out great islands non-stop. i reckon towing it down a bit wouldn't be bad.

Eddie is right, people just "want want want" but nobody gives a shit that you spend 100 hours+ and get nothing in return while everything else suffers. I've also wanted for my hobby to become "more than just a hobby" for the past few months but I guess it will remain what it is.

not everyone thinks like this though - of course ppl want to see your work but most of us know that you put in huge effort and its all free. it sounds like you want to get a career in game dev so good luck with that - you def have the qualifications to succeed.

we will wait patiently - we are just excited :)

and the modding bug is addictive too - you say this will be your last 'big project' - i would almost bet that you will do another one when the mod itch starts again ;)

Couple of new "betatesters" got the v0.989 today, hopefully all goes well and we can test in bigger numbers soon ;)

cool really looking forward to another great map ice with the bonus of great features from other great modders. Superb