Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Public beta is not far away. I'm releasing public beta v0.96 in the upcoming week.

WOOT!!! :yay::cancan::dancehead::cheers::cc:

Im a lil excited to hear that :P

Tnx. Current units are already equipped with M60s from Arrowhead.

Both OFP Predator addon makers Ksatryia and SandrodeParma were contacted and they gave me permission to use it for Lingor project. Now I need to figure it all out via configs and fixing oxygen models :)

YES! :D

We will have true Predators now!!! :yay:

Im so happy about the Predators. EPIC missions to come.

Oh lord this'll be fun. Getting all jittery haha. This will be -great-... I foresee mission makers making fun missions and hopefully someone a campaign hehe

What can I say? The only thing for me is to join on the collective wowzing. Go Ice, go!

By the way IceBreakr, unless you've already thought about this, I think the Drake (Light)-model could be put to good use as a PMC, since he only has a vest and a tshirt underneath etc.

^ew...

Looks great Ice!

One question, are there areas of thicker jungle, that creeps up towards any of the villages or towns? Or thicker parts of jungle at all?

By the way IceBreakr, unless you've already thought about this, I think the Drake (Light)-model could be put to good use as a PMC, since he only has a vest and a tshirt underneath etc.

Yeah i was thinking the same. He would work good as a heavier PMC type guy! :D

Very nice, It's starting to look like a Colombian jungle :D

Yeah i was thinking the same. He would work good as a heavier PMC type guy! :D

Yeah. :) the CZ Special Forces guy with the cap would work well aswell.

PMCs will be some kind of "outsourced" experts that train the Government Army against Guerrilas (ARL troops). Of course they lead the specops teams in the combat, too.

With a great help from Cameron McDonald (he really rocks with his PS skillz!) government troops are in the final stages of preparation ;)

you should add some sort of webbing to hold ammo on the rebels. something cheap and commie, like the chinese style chest rigs on the CDF militia troops. same problem with the african rebels for duala. they are pretty good militia looking troops, but this would be a nice realism touch. mags need a place to be carried and you can only fit one or two AK mags in a pocket;).

I know, I asked IceWindo to help me out with that issue. Thanks for noticing ;)

Awesome! I seriously can't wait for this map/units.

I've been dying for a new map to come out. This one is gonna be epic! :D

thats cool that you re putting that in. maybe some camo too. civilian clothes worked well for african rebels, but most south american militias seem to wear old bdu's and stuff like that, mostly confiscated government uniforms. maybe bdu's with a red armband or beret or bandana or rolled sleeves depending on the unit to make them look more random and unorganized, give them that "rebel" look. also, maybe a few American LBE mixed in with the vests would look niceI don't know enough about modding to know how hard that would be but it would look cool. the map looks great though. I cant wait for this. if its anything like duala, I know it will be awesome...

Woah, the screenies on page 29 look sexy. If the fps are playable its gonna be my fav island, along with takistan. :)

Nice work! (you probably hear this a lot)

FPS (as I've mentioned before) are running high due to heavy optimizations, big thanks to Berghoff. My squad is enjoying the island for a month now, 4th MP test finished yesterday. Public beta is just around the corner and I'll need you feedback and ideas so I can reach v1.0 soon after that.

You'll get:

- Fully detailed island 10x10km with new buildings

- ARL rebels

- Government Army

- Venator PMCs

- alien-unit Slayer aka "Ancient Hunter from Far Away" (for sci-fi mission fans)

lingorarmy.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Are the Government troops just reskinned US troops or do they have unique features to them? :)