Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

During the installation, will one have an option to decide where to install? (so I can for example download the installer to my regular secondary HDD and then install the game onto my C: which in this case is an SSD).

Sure , like in normal installations , btw sprocket program is only downloader - others things are same like in DVD version and size is 6,8 GB

Thanks Bryan.

Strange as it is nothing like what the step by step guide says. How may gigabytes are all these files together? Small enough to fit on a DVD?

Alltogether they're 7,2gb

Doing the installation it'll decompress to the 9gb as the announced size.

During the installation, will one have an option to decide where to install? (so I can for example download the installer to my regular secondary HDD and then install the game onto my C: which in this case is an SSD).

Yes, from the point you start installing it'll be as if you're installing any other game.

www.gamestore.ro will sell OA in Romania , but they wont have it on the 29'th . So if there are any Romanians lurking around here , spam their inbox with requests :P , maybe ... maybe they will have it in stock sooner .

Yup, and the preloading is live too. I've got my serial and am currently downloading the files at 287kbps, with apparently 6.5 hours remaining. Good thing it happened at night so I can sleep through it. :D

My pre-load is underway using the Sprocket downloader and getting nice speed from US mirror - 500 KB/s. Will be done in 3 1/2 hours. w00t!

My speed went from 1350 to 450, so I guess the cat is out of the bag now...

So if we order now from sprocket we are able to play once download is finished??

If Sprocket is so terribly slow at the moment, why don't they just distribute a torrent among their customers to spread the bandwidth instead of using a HTTP link? Blizzard and company use it and it works really well. Heck, even used one for ArmA2 1.05.

I think I might get it from GamersGate when the time is right. They've always been reliable from what I can remember. Play.com is really cheap compared to the rest, but it always comes down to a two week delivery for some reason.

Well, this sucks. My internet dies part way through and now, when I go to resume downloading, it won't connect. I go and check the log and I get this:

421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry

50-downloader limits aren't very nice. This happens on both the US and EU mirrors, and when I try the CZ one it just hangs, disconnects, and repeats... Goddamnit. :(

Oh, the CZ mirror gives me this after it disconnects after hanging:

Receive timeout error in file .\FTPClient.cpp on line 993

It must be downloading SOMETHING as the amount I've downloaded keeps increasing each time I start it again.

Edited by Zipper5

That sucks zipper... I dunno if i'm allowed to suggest this, but maybe a torrent provided by sprocket would be a huge help in dealing with this distribution problem.

Well I just got back onto the EU mirror and it's downloading fine again. I can only pray my crappy internet doesn't cut out again... :butbut:

My speed has actually gone up from 500 Kb/s to 750 Kb/s, downloading from US mirror with sprocket. Less than 40 minutes left!

My speed has actually gone up from 500 Kb/s to 750 Kb/s, downloading from US mirror with sprocket. Less than 40 minutes left!

Will you guys get to play the game when your downloads are done?? Or will there be no activation codes available etc?

well, i allready got my serial.... so who knows ( guess the ones that got in early soon do ! )

@ Placebo : at this dl speed, it would be faster for me to drive to you and get a copy...... should i ? :P

My guess is you have to do some sort of online activation, which doesnt open until tuesday, so no go for us until then.

This was posted in another thread - my understanding is as long as you have a key, you can play, but only single player until June 29 when the flip the switch on Gamespy to accept the keys for online play.

Will you guys get to play the game when your downloads are done?? Or will there be no activation codes available etc?

Once the Sprocket download is done, you can install Arrowhead. It asks you to input the serial then installs. If you then try to launch Arrowhead, it asks you for the serial again. This is the online activation part. If you input your serial it will say it's incorrect, because the key verification server on Sprocket isn't online yet. Once it's online and you input the serial, you can play the game.

EDIT: @Kabong: That only applies to retail versions that don't require online activation, not Sprocket versions.

If Sprocket is so terribly slow at the moment, why don't they just distribute a torrent among their customers to spread the bandwidth instead of using a HTTP link? Blizzard and company use it and it works really well. Heck, even used one for ArmA2 1.05.

That would make too much sense.

EDIT: @Kabong: That only applies to retail versions that don't require online activation, not Sprocket versions.

oh nuts. Maybe just as well - stuck on the last file trying to get a download slot.

Once the Sprocket download is done, you can install Arrowhead. It asks you to input the serial then installs. If you then try to launch Arrowhead, it asks you for the serial again. This is the online activation part. If you input your serial it will say it's incorrect, because the key verification server on Sprocket isn't online yet. Once it's online and you input the serial, you can play the game.

Thats really a shame, Germans can already play singleplayer, they should at least make it so we(Sprocket etc.) can play at least SP now and MP from 29th.

Does anyone have any idea why amazon uk have pushed their release date to 2 july? Amazon.de and .com are still on for 29 June. Is it a distribution problem?

Thats really a shame, Germans can already play singleplayer, they should at least make it so we(Sprocket etc.) can play at least SP now and MP from 29th.

At the rate it is coming down from sprocket...It will be quicker to wait until the 2jul for the DVD..

Yeah, think they were a tad optimistic about their server capacity. :) Just talked to someone who can't even get on the website to order it, wait 5 minutes for one page to load, timeout on the next, etc.