Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Ahhh, was going to preorder on steam today and found they dont even have it listed yet. I really hope they have it avail on the 29th and not have to wait for a few days after.

Ahhh, was going to preorder on steam today and found they dont even have it listed yet. I really hope they have it avail on the 29th and not have to wait for a few days after.

Yeah I think it's rather disappointing that it isn't available for pre-order on Steam yet.

Would be nice to have some indication when Steam will have it up, that and the price they will be offering it for (though it's possible it will be less than $49.99 USD which is what ArmA II sells for on Steam currently, at least I hope so.)

cdwowlogo1.png

Au/Nz Hard copy option seeing as stores are unaware.

Done!:don1:

I doubt long, should I get DVD or Digital version, finally pre-ordered DVD :P

I hate to be the this guy, but it is a little concerning that it's not yet on Steam. I'm not terribly concerned, but come the day before release, there'll be hell to pay if it's not yet available on Steam. :eek:

Didn't ARMA 2 come to steam a couple weeks after release? if so won't they do the same for OA?

can't remember seeing ARMA2 on steam when i first got the game... :pet5:

Didn't ARMA 2 come to steam a couple weeks after release? if so won't they do the same for OA?

can't remember seeing ARMA2 on steam when i first got the game... :pet5:

Yes, I do think that was the case. And it's why I am being a bit skeptical myself. I know it's mostly Valve and/or the publisher at fault, but it'd be nice to hear from BIS that they are doing everything they can to deliver it on Steam on time.

Hi all

So I am wondering round the Mall and pop into buy a PC Format magazine and there low behold betwixt the pages is a full page advert for ArmA II Operation Arrowhead.

First time I have ever seen a BIS game actualy advertised.

Any way I think I am on a roll so I decide to ask at HMV if they have a delivery date for ArmA II Operation Arrowhead, just for a laugh as it were, HMV do not usualy know about PC games.

The young girl says: "Yeh we have been asked about it lot we are getting it. I will just check the date." She then pulls out the folder with delivery dates "First batch comes on 2nd on July"

So it will be in HMV stores. Well if it is in HMV it is bound to be in Game I think and it is on their website so...

I go to Game and ask if they have a delivery date? "I do not think so yet." she says "I wil just check the delivery schedule, No nothing yet. I will ask the manager."

She calls the manger he says "I hope so the previous one was a good seller." I telll him that it is on Game's website and that HMV say they will get it on 2nd of July. He says I do not know why they have not got a delivery date yet as a lot of people have asked for it. "HMV are getting it on the 2nd of July huh?" he looks worried sales figures clearly passing his eyes, Yes I say.

Any way I guess HMV get my money.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=games&adultFlag=false&primaryID=games&simpleSearchString=Operation+Arrowhead

Hey raedor can you add HMV to the list of UK supliers.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Yes, I do think that was the case. And it's why I am being a bit skeptical myself. I know it's mostly Valve and/or the publisher at fault, but it'd be nice to hear from BIS that they are doing everything they can to deliver it on Steam on time.

agreed, im a bit scared I want get it on the first day from steam:confused:

I think they're just not showing it on Steam to make as many people as possible buy it from Sprocket. It's probably gonna show up in a couple days on Steam.

There's no activation limit for the Sprocket DL version right? Anyway, just pre-ordered yesterday.

I bought it on sprocket instead (my original plan was for steam) because you get 2 day advanced preload, as well as a printed poster of takistan.

I bought it on sprocket instead (my original plan was for steam) because you get 2 day advanced preload, as well as a printed poster of takistan.

Yeah, and it's cheaper on Sprocket as well without VAT; steam probably will charge $39.99.

Yeah, and it's cheaper on Sprocket as well without VAT; steam probably will charge $39.99.

Current currency exchange rate from british pounds to the american dollar would end up that price anyways, maybe short 2 dollars. However vice versa it'd probably be a good idea for those in the Uk to choose sprocket cause price wise from what I understand, UK buyers of ArmA2 through Steam got jipped on the price.

Current currency exchange rate from british pounds to the american dollar would end up that price anyways, maybe short 2 dollars. However vice versa it'd probably be a good idea for those in the Uk to choose sprocket cause price wise from what I understand, UK buyers of ArmA2 through Steam got jipped on the price.

Actually the current conversion rate according XE.com when comparing sprocket euros to pounds works out at £24.88, but its available in game on friday the 2nd for £19.99 and also from play.com for £16.99.

Games (and other things like DVDs and BluRays) are almost always comparatively cheaper in the UK. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon.co.uk because it was a lot cheaper, even with the higher shipping costs. :)

Stupid LEM (Polish publisher) delayed release to unknown day of July. This is very annoying because last time they've delayed release of ArmA2 for about 30 days!

It's very disappointing that BIS has chosen the worst publisher in our country :(

Re-iterating what mant3z said; same could be said for the North American publisher. I doubt I'll even see one copy on the shelf. :rolleyes:

Would buy on Sprocket if the exchange rate were straight. What works out to ~$30 and change is listed @ $35. For 4 bucks more I'll just get the hard copy, and have the DVD plus at least the commands from the manual at hand, and no hassle of redownloading if/when the need to reinstall arises. I'd have given Sprocket a go for $30 though. :)

I have a question,

If i have the steam version of Arma 2, will the Sprocket version of OA still combine with my Steam version? I'm going to assume the answer will be no.

Thanks

I have a question,

If i have the steam version of Arma 2, will the Sprocket version of OA still combine with my Steam version? I'm going to assume the answer will be no.

Thanks

Yes it will combine with any version of A2, don't worry.

Yes it will combine with any version of A2, don't worry.

Do you know if it will be an auto detection? or maybe you can specify the path to A2 manually?

Do you know if it will be an auto detection? or maybe you can specify the path to A2 manually?

No one really knows at this point, but I'm guessing it will auto-detect it, and if unable to find it will give you an option to manually locate it? Like most games.