Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

Hey recieved this email from amazon a few minutes ago

Told you lads you wont get it next tuesday. release date is 9/10 in the UK anyway, on a friday. Glad i canceled my order yesterday. getting it in the shops next friday whoop whoop

Just pre-ordered my copy tru Sprocket. Early access and the place BIS get the most rewards out a sold copy. Lets hope the download goes quick tomorrow :)

Today i will waiting for pre-load - heh 00:01 :D

I'll be doing the same. That means I shall not be going to bed until 2AM tonight. :butbut:

I got the same email form amazon uk. Looks like they are the only ones to have pushed the release date to 2 July. Amazon.de and .com are still showing 29 May. I guess the publisher screwed up.

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to burn a sprocket downloaded version onto DVD?

I don't want to have to redownload every time i want to reinstall.

It wasn't clear on the Sprocket site whether this is possible. It says you download sprocket.exe and "When the download is complete, the downloader runs the installation" But does it download a stand alone installation.exe or are you forced to install via the downloader?????

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to burn a sprocket downloaded version onto DVD?

Last time I did it, it was a stand-alone installation file. If burning to a DVD isn't possible, burn it onto an external hard drive. That's just as good. ;)

Thanks for your reply Laqueesha.

The step by step installation instructions on the sprocket site say you launch the installer (arma2eng_102.exe in their example). but the how it works page says the downloader runs the installation? I'm a bit confused - is the A2:OA download going to be the same as it was for A2?

Not sure how you could get it in the Netherlands, but Arma2: Combined Operations is out there...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JZNDN4?ie=UTF8&tag=wwwideagamesc-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B003JZNDN4

I feared as much...

I want to gift my old ArmA 2 DVD box to a friend of mine, so I could get the new DRM-less Combined Operations box...

Guess I'll have to order through Amazon and have it shipped here.

Hello fellow Dutchies,

As I'm sure we all had, I had some struggle finding offers in our country, Luckily I ran into some lately:

Wehkamp.nl (€29,99): http://www.wehkamp.nl/games/pre-orders/pre-order-pc-games-software/arma-ii-operation-arrowhead/C13_POG_PPC_191038/

GCSHOP.nl (€32,50): http://www.gcshop.nl/PC_Games/ArmA_2_Operation_Arrowhead.aspx

12game (€32,50): http://www.12game.com/PC_Games/ArmA_2_Operation_Arrowhead.aspx

I haven't found the deluxe/combined ops edition yet in a Dutch store. However, ArmA 2 vanilla can be found for 20 euro's, and if you would decide to buy them both, it would mean a 50 euro total cost, probably just as much as the Deluxe edition would cost you.

Yep they finally updated my status page now also...

4 July 2010 - 5 July 2010 << cancel that crap i'm not waiting until the 5th! looks like i'll have to buy from steam if it does release on the 29th.

Edit, after emailing them they now tell me it will be dispatched on the 1st of July? wtf is going on here.

Edited by Cossack8559

I got it here in Magdeburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany for 30€ at Saturn. :) Yeah 7€ more than on amazon, but I have it now and not next week. :yay:

Lol sprocket added my serial number ,but can't pre-load yet :D

Yeah I got it too :yay:

Hey recieved this email from amazon a few minutes ago

Me too, but I will stick with the order as I pre-ordered from Sprocket aswell!:D

The step by step installation instructions on the sprocket site say you launch the installer. but the how it works page says the downloader runs the installation? I'm a bit confused is the A2:OA download going to be the same as it was for A2?

Perhaps the "downloader" in this case is the internet browser used to download the file? Such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. Like with most downloaded files, you can open it as soon as the download completes. I think that is what is meant by the downloader running the installation. The Operation Arrowhead download will probably be identical to the ArmA II download for all intents and purposes.

Perhaps the "downloader" in this case is the internet browser used to download the file? Such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. Like with most downloaded files, you can open it as soon as the download completes. I think that is what is meant by the downloader running the installation. The Operation Arrowhead download will probably be identical to the ArmA II download for all intents and purposes.

The downloader will download 8 files (1 .exe and 7 .bins, all having a size around 900mb)to your "C:\Users\Username\Documents\Sprocket".

So all you really need to make sure of is that you have enough space on the C: drive.

Thanks for the info guys.

@Bryan

What is the exe called? the sprocket step by step guide says that there will be an installer - the example given is for A2 and it is called arma2eng_102.exe. Does sprocket download a similar installer for A2:OA?

Thanks for the info guys.

@Bryan

What is the exe called? the sprocket step by step guide says that there will be an installer - the example given is for A2 and it is called arma2eng_102.exe. Does sprocket download a similar installer for A2:OA?

The files are named as following:

setup.exe
setup01.bin
setup02.bin
setup03.bin
setup04.bin
setup05.bin
setup06.bin
setup07.bin

Thanks Bryan.

Strange as it is nothing like what the step by step guide says. How may gigabytes are all these files together? Small enough to fit on a DVD?

During the installation, will one have an option to decide where to install? (so I can for example download the installer to my regular secondary HDD and then install the game onto my C: which in this case is an SSD).