Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Medical Chain Module

Sounds like a good idea. Should be moved to Complete though, as some content has been released.

Should be if the author asks for it...

granQ - looking forward to seeing some more of it mate >:P

Should be if the author asks for it...

granQ - looking forward to seeing some more of it mate >:P

Agreed, but those are the BIS forum rules.

I too hope to see more of this mod. :)

Don't listen to the people who say it is a boring idea. I used to ask for the potential to play as a disabled or expiring soldier, but others said that was a boring idea. I have since seen it other games.

The same goes for food/chow. The highlights of a soldier's day in the field are mail call and chow time. Running out of chow can even determine what a unit decides to do. A whole mission might be just to get some chow.

Of course, when a typical mission is only an hour or two long, there isn't much need for this. If ArmA was more like Far Cry 2 or Battleground Europe, there would be more of a need to simulate hunger.

What i think is a good and proper release.. is now release. More info in first post

Well ... I am a "medic" in my game team.

So I will speak about the time left and level of healing done by medic.

I have played it in vanilla, but also in various Revive systems as well as in ACE.

The time you are speaking about is very short, for to get a wounded guy clear for the battlefield you need time even if your team get your ass covered all the time.

It's not a problem on my side to be left behind attending guys wounds ... but if you are a lone medic on a fierce battle, it's a lost battle from the start.

You can't be healing guy near the fighting area and get back every 30s to stop the bleeding.

I agree that that Medical Chain Module is a fair idea, but I will suggest an other option. Make the medic able to get the wounded in a stabilized state, ready to be carried out of the battlefield by MEDEVAC team chopper or ambulance.

Hmmm.. Got an idea for those thinking that the time span is too short to save shot people. How about letting the presence of a medic work like an ambulance? So that the person the medic is closest to (or maybe an action for the medic on a wounded person of choice whom he then has to remain close to) gets his bleeding completely stopped. That way the medic can sustain a person until the ambulance arrives by being in the very, very close proximity of him, but as soon as he moves away the person starts bleeding again.

I agree that that Medical Chain Module is a fair idea, but I will suggest an other option. Make the medic able to get the wounded in a stabilized state, ready to be carried out of the battlefield by MEDEVAC team chopper or ambulance.

I assume what you mean is kinda what Inkompetent said in other words? I like that idea a lot, if you mean something else, then please explain.

This addon smells of serious ownage! Great, great idea! I'm going to suggest usage of this inside our community

Well, what I suggest is based upon RL procedures, the first move for a 1st aid medic is to have, on the spot, the wounded guy in such a sate he can be moved to a place where a full medical treatment will be given as in an hospital.

On a battlefield it's more difficult that on a crash car site ... but the principle is the same.

So the 1st thing to do after having the guy cleared from the direct fire area is not to heal him ... you can't do it, but to get him in a stabilized state so he can be carried to hospital.

Yes, I believe that Inkompetent suggestion is a good one, after the guy is in stabilized state, he must not move, or try to standup ... if so, he is going bleeding again and start a countdown.

Yes, I believe that Inkompetent suggestion is a good one, after the guy is in stabilized state, he must not move, or try to standup ... if so, he is going bleeding again and start a countdown.

My thing however requires one further thing: The presence of the medic. This is debateable of course and a bit gamey, but a way to simulate taking care of unforeseen changes in the state of the casualty, make sure to help provide IV, and stuff like that which isn't included in detail in the wound system.

the problem here would be that the player might "heal" from the medic, so he will be 100% fine.. now we then got a 100% healthy guy.

I love the idea, just thinking on how you can limit stuff. What we start to talk about now is more or less an advance "medical" module, where any player can first drag a wounded into a safe spot. Then only a medic can keep him stablized before he gets into a ambulance and back to the hospital

I see the realistic part of it, and i think it would be great for big squads.. but i think i will at least keep one part of the module light weight

I think this would be perfect for hardcore coop missions which have no player respawn. So if you get wounded, you either follow the medevac procedure or it's game over :)

However I can't see it catching on in respawn missions (much simpler & quicker to just press esc/respawn...)

Still a great concept which definitely adds more realism, nice one!

Mandrake

I think this is a great idea.

It brings a whole role playing aspect to focus within the medic realm. Its down to the server/clans/mission maker to work it into a mission and sort out a mission to be more dependent on it no so much the mod maker.

I can see clans and other private servers making missions where its all about the medic on the field, so 1 or 2 or more will simply play a medics role. I would quite happily spend an entire mission being a medic with something like this.

Like I say the mission maker is the one to mold the mission so its balanced to the medic module, and like its been said to rely on the medic more is a great addition which adds more dynamics.

have you already released it? The link, provided in the first post seems not to be working

Yeah same here. Even after I managed to find the thread on the forum, when I clicked the link in his last post in that thread, I still get a blank white screen and no download pop-up or anything. Not sure what's up, but would love to give this a try....

oh my lord the day has finally come wher i can use this beauty.... OMG hmm no download just a white screen like the above. any chance of a fix? great work man

wohoo, crazy night.. when i get sober and party is over(been going since thursday last week, oh yeah sweethearts), i will look into finding a working link.. but friday, pool party with 1400 students from all over the world. Now thats my primary concern :p

wohoo, crazy night.. when i get sober and party is over(been going since thursday last week, oh yeah sweethearts), i will look into finding a working link.. but friday, pool party with 1400 students from all over the world. Now thats my primary concern :p

I like this...Party on Q :yay:

1400 students+beer+pool party....do any of us expect a response at the moment? Heheh. Maybe still passed out from all that excitement, lol. ;)

BTW Gran--we want pictures! :p

please dont submit a link to the complete section if you have no working link.

it was working when he uploaded it..

but you know, things can break sometimes.

anyway..

the module is included in the SFP download wich you might find some pages back, guess it´s easiest to just use the search function.

and as said.. granQ is quite buisy as the schools have just started here, so if you just have some patieance and wait a few weeks (maybe a month) im sure he´ll be back.