Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Why ArmA2 players are smarter then CS/COD.

There is many threads which people claim this or that but I thought I would have to share some of my thoughts on the subject, please feel free to add other stuff that I forgot.

ArmA2 players are smarter because...

... in CS each player buy their own weapons but in ArmA2 they understand that teamwork is that everyone stares at the same ammo crate at the same time.

... no matter which time of day or server there is at least one that says "i am a pilot".

... arma2 have much more complicated missions then COD, but still people don't even need to read the briefing.

.. people love to use the compass and do navigation, instead of using a GPS/map with markers....

.. doesn't care about headshots.. just about how many actually kills they got.

.. doesn't care about headshots.. just about how many actually kills they got.

Dont you mean 'completing the objective'? :p

lets not forget:

* isn't run n gun

* no crazy jumping, and unrealistic manovers

* is tactics, and thinking mans game

* is moddable, with adons and mods, and 100's of them

* build your own maps, scripts, vehicles, planes, trains and automobiles

* has a great caring community that extends back to 2001

* moderators that dont tolerate BS and keeps our boys with big mouths here in the fourms in check

* A game that has real day and night, and ocean, as well as star constellations, its like being in a real world, i dont think the sun goes down in cs, or in cod

* game that has a great editor, rather easy or complex based on what you want to do, as well as not limited to a certain way of editing

* a growing community addon makers, and modders

* a company that isn' all about profits, and care about their game

* if we go back to previous games, Operation Flashpoint, and Armed Assault

anyone like to add to the list, surely you got something great to say about Arma 2

lets not forget:

* isn't run n gun

* no crazy jumping, and unrealistic manovers

* is tactics, and thinking mans game

* is moddable, with adons and mods, and 100's of them

* build your own maps, scripts, vehicles, planes, trains and automobiles

* has a great caring community that extends back to 2001

* moderators that dont tolerate BS and keeps our boys with big mouths here in the fourms in check

* A game that has real day and night, and ocean, as well as star constellations, its like being in a real world, i dont think the sun goes down in cs, or in cod

* game that has a great editor, rather easy or complex based on what you want to do, as well as not limited to a certain way of editing

* a growing community addon makers, and modders

* a company that isn' all about profits, and care about their game

* if we go back to previous games, Operation Flashpoint, and Armed Assault

anyone like to add to the list, surely you got something great to say about Arma 2

you missed my point but I agree with your list.. that why I keep playing arma2, despite what I mentioned before :)

Not here to ruin the fun but some mod comes guns blazing with an apache here veeeery soon.. I can hear the swooshswoosh

roflcopter9grpm2.png

That must be Wolle!LOL:D

Kidding aside. I believe it has nothing to do with being smarter, it's just that ArmA players prefer another play or game style. Playing ArmA is challenging, you gonna try to be a smartass and you got promptly you butt handed over. The aproach is different.

But everyone is entitled to play the game he prefers.

kind regards

Your not smarter than COD or CSS players, you just play a different style.

The fact you started this thread may suggest otherwise...

I know plenty of people playing CS , CoD , BF2 MW etc. that are professionals.

You're blanketing statement is basically an insult to this community inferring that ArmA2 players are more "intelligent" than those that enjoy a faster paced , action filled game.

I know plenty of people playing CS , CoD , BF2 MW etc. that are professionals.

You're blanketing statement is basically an insult to this community inferring that ArmA2 players are more "intelligent" than those that enjoy a faster paced , action filled game.

Way to miss the point. ;)

ArmA2 players are smarter because...

... in CS each player buy their own weapons but in ArmA2 they understand that teamwork is that everyone stares at the same ammo crate at the same time.

Ahaha, yep i missed the point :)

Wait, I'm confused. When I read the first too, I thought you were being sarcastic.

aaahahahaha daym you granQ, is this for what I said on IRC?

:D

but yeah, I totally agree with you.

In my last creation theres even a taskHint popping up as ppl join still they shout "WHAT'S THE OBJECTIVE?" hahaha oh my God the arma community is just something huh :P

Whats the point OP?

Stereotyping much?

Sorry if I didnt get the point either.

Oh I get this T_T

More complex tedious tasks to do a simple thing like know what direction your oriented in makes it require more Intelligence.

Amirite?

Edited by Flash Thunder

Stop nagging so much down on unrealistic FPS games, I like a wide array of games like Modern Warfare, Bad Company, Garry's Mod, mil-sim's and even flight simulators.

You shouldn't think you are better than other people just because you play a more realistic game...

Hell, one of my favourite games of all time was Battlefield 2.

Your not smarter than COD or CSS players, you just play a different style.

^ This.

I play both Arma 2 and COD4/WaW. ;)

^ This.

I play both Arma 2 and COD4/WaW. ;)

He just cant help to express his inner PC elitist views that or hes just trolling.

He's making fun, come on. :) We all like to feel superior to other wannabe games & gamers now and then, but then again we do need to take a long hard look in the mirror sometimes when it comes to our supposed "realism" and "hardcore"'ism (hah).

That said, to quote Mr. Burns famous sig: "Realism? No, fuck that, FIRE THE LASERS!" :635:

Regards,

Wolfrug

The thread starter has everything 100% correct because it takes a brilliant engineer to simply set up for multiplayer. And that is not a good thing...

Can't beleive how many people don't get this. Its a joke thread. OP's jokes aren't the best, but hey, i can't really do better myself right now.

(least i hope it is, otherwise i'm looking mighty silly)

I think the average ArmA 2 player maybe a bit more mature than that of CoD/ BF and the pacing is much slower (at least in Profi- mode) than in run n gun titles (which comforts older players who havent the reflexes of a teenager any more:D).

I know a lot of people in their 30´s or 40´s who love to roleplay ArmA 2 in coop because this way immersion is best (kills mean nothing, what matters is the team:p).

If this is a joke thread its not that good.. Easy to miss the point.

Whats the smartest way to play CS/CoD? If you play those games using arma2 tactics you will not win, is it smart or stupid to play it that way then?

If this is a joke thread its not that good.. Easy to miss the point.

That's the beauty of the irony I guess... the more people miss the point, the funnier it gets... as we are obviously not that smarter... see the pattern ?

Totally love the OP! It's so true! So many claiming they play for the realism and for it being so complex and fantastic over the 'dumb shooters' and then they can't read a briefing, sit for 15 minutes at the weapon crate masturbating over its icons, and want everything simplified and spoon-fed so that they can play it exactly like those 'dumb games' but in the ArmA2 engine. :P